Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has been acting strange I had to turn off Bluetooth many times to get it to resync and it wasn't easy at all, but I would get it to work at times then it would not work or sync again,  I recently had to reset back to default, everything looked good.  Now today I woke up and it is dead it isn't even turning on.   I am guessing it is dead!  So last March is when I bought it, this sux.  I do use it I bike every week!   

I got the protection from Bestbuy I wonder what they will do?   Anyone else have issues?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Bigbiker, I did not tell them to shove-it, but at this time it is very unlikely I will replace my tracker. I cannot afford to replace a watch every 1 to 1.5 years.

Best Answer

xchatter,

We did try a factory restore, but the tracker is still unresponsive. Nothing I have tried will turn it back on.

Best Answer

Exactly!!! The new replacement watch should also be warrantied for a year, it should be the product that has a warranty not a specific order. I got my replacement but when it goes I am going with either Garmin or Samsung as I have never had any quality issues with any of their products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Samsung gear I returned it battery life was bad when your phone rang it stopped your ride or walk or whatever your activity is and I couldn't resume it I got rid of that one Garmin Carmen's way expensive yet I'm waiting for got to drop in price

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same issue, mine doesn’t sync, and keeps on restarting by itself!! For the price I paid for it’s really not worth it, i had it for 14 months, warranty covers only 12 months. So 290 $ just gone in flames !!! No more fitbit product for me... I’ve been using their products since 2016 and they don’t last more than a year , I’ve had 3 different watches since then , took me a while to learn my lessons ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree with you, I have the same problem, I’ve had 3 deferent fitbit over the last 3 years , and none lasted for more that a year or so!! My gf had an apple 3 years ago and it’s still working, so much for a waste of money !! I’m beyond frustrated !! 

Best Answer

Totally agree with your comments. Have had a similar experience. My Ionic battery failed 2 months after the watch’s 365 day warranty period.

After going through their support team advice, response from Fitbit was “"we unquestionably want to add more years to the relationship that started when you chose us. The good thing is, you can purchase through our retailers near you, and your purchase will come with new warranty. (www.fitbit.com)."

Sooo many people are reporting defects with Fitbit Ionic and other products. I have realised they manufacture crap products and have even worse customer support policies. Avoid at all costs.

Think I will head in the direction of my nearest Apple store.

Best Answer

There is a huge discussion about this happening to the Ionic. Around 1 to 1 1/2 years into their lifespan (usually right after their warranty runs out) they die, dead, won't charge, won't turn on, not even good enough for a paperweight. If you have an extended warranty file a claim ride out the replacements life span and move on as Fitbit will not stand by this engineering debacle. Who knows maybe they just got a good scam set up after all we have paid $300 for something that needs replaced every 18 (or so) months? 

Best Answer

FitBit...  as soon as my second one dies I will go back to Garmin 

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to help, my apologies for the delay in responding. It's nice to see you again participating in our Community Forums @SunsetRunner @xchatter @Bigbiker @Irishwolf66 @Jfitman @Booboo_ham @T_Fit @2719tdog welcome back!

We would like to let you know that Fitbit is always striving to improve our customer's Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers, users and Community Forum posts because this information help us to evaluate our procedures for future cases. Thank you for the feedback provided and your patience with this situation. 

For any inquiry related to our limited purchase warranty, please check: Return Policy and Warranty. If you have any additional questions about our Support team resolution, please get in touch with them and review our policies. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response... but it doesn’t solve the problem. Pointing us to
a policy that is the source of our complaints neither resolved the
complaints nor makes the community feel heard. What I hear the community
saying is not “re-read the policy” but rather... “wow, our customer’s have
a problem and we want to keep them happy and clearly they are not”... if
this was Nordstrom or REI, we’d all have new ionics by now....
Best Answer

Welcome back @jamiebutcherco thanks for your reply and update.

As it turns out, we’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public Community Forums, therefore, our Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance. If you have any additional questions for them regarding the resolution that was given about your concern, please contact them back for more information and details as previously mentioned. Take in consideration that they move forward accordingly to our warranty policies. Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Don't hesitate to ask any additional questions you may have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not had the ionic for a month, amd Now it is losing 5-10% an hour.  Nearly $300 dollars and this is the junk I get!?  

Best Answer

You may have too many aps running- otherwise welcome to the club!☠️

J Carl

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ornery1, welcome to our Fitbit Community, I'm glad to address your concern. Thanks for your replies @Bigbiker.

@Ornery1 I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding this situation, therefore, if you have any additional questions for them I recommend you to keep an eye to your email inbox for any update. Also, I noticed that your latest post is empty, can you please give more information? 

@Bigbiker Thanks for sharing your thoughts with other users! Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic completely died at 6 months out and I hasn’t even used it faithfully for those 6 months because I bought a Garmin vivoactive 3, I’m concerned now that the replacement I just bought won’t last long

is Fitbit just a company?

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Hello @zoumommy74 I'm glad to see you again participating, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'd like to know if you already tried some troubleshooting steps prior posting? If not, I recommend you to check the steps from our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Your feedback is appreciated. 

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it is!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Booboo_ham thanks for your reply. Pardon me for the delay in responding you.

Your feedback is appreciated, please let me know if I can assist you with anything else and I'll do my best to resolve all of your inquiries. 

I'll be here!

Best Answer
0 Votes