Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic blank screen issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello FitBit Team,

So I started using my Ionic sometime in April 2018, and I had no issues with it up until:

- I upgraded the firmware to 27.32.10.20

- Installed the desktop app to transfer music

I don't have an idea as to which exactly caused it but as soon as I did both, the screen started twitching and became unresponsive. I eventually had to uninstall the Fitbit for Desktop app (without even transferring the music) and this persisted, so a fair guess would be the firmware upgrade (still cannot ascertain this) and I could not downgrade it to the earlier version.

However, today, the screen is completely blank. I can see that it is on (via the backlight), but there is nothing showing on the screen at all. I have tried to restart it using the left and bottom down button but it is the same thing!

How do we resolve this?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Since a Reatart is not working and the screen is blank, you need to try A 3 button Factory Reset procedure as follows:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If you can get it to work, your tracker will be returned to how it was when you unboxed it and you will be given detailed instructions to start all over again.

Good Luck!

Best Answer

Hi,

I tried all of this over the weekend all to avail.

There was no point in time the Fitbit logo appeared, and the screen was blank all through.

Is there any other way to get to this?

Best Answer

Time to contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

@bo.phyyn3 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic's display. Also, thanks for trying all of those troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out.

Can you tell if your watch is charging? What happens when you plug it to the charging cable?

By any chance, have you tried changing the clock face on your watch? That could help you with this.

If non of this works, please try what @SunsetRunner suggested on his last post and contact customer support. If you need help to get in touch with them, please let me know.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR When I plug it in, I can tell it is actually charging because the back screen comes up (still a blank screen anyways).

And yeah, I did change the clock face a while back. Are you suggesting I change it again?

Best Answer

@bo.phyyn3 wrote:

@SantiR When I plug it in, I can tell it is actually charging because the back screen comes up (still a blank screen anyways).

And yeah, I did change the clock face a while back. Are you suggesting I change it again?

It may be worth trying to change the clock face, especially if it's a third party watch face.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@bo.phyyn3 Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. Sorry for my delayed response.

Just as @DramaQueenDiva confirmed, it may be worth trying to change the clock face again.Have you tried already?

Best Answer

@SantiR 

@DramaQueenDiva

Thanks guys. I changed the clock face again, didn't work out. Screen is still blank Smiley Sad

What do I do now? Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bo.phyyn3 Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps provided in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SantiR Thanks a lot! You're a star.

Thanks everyone @SunsetRunner @DramaQueenDiva

Best Answer

@bo.phyyn3 You are very welcome! I'm glad the Community was able to support you with this.

Please do let me know about the resolution provided by customer support.

In the meantime, you can also check the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Best Answer

I think I'm experiencing the same issue here, the screen remains blank, the Fitbit logo does not appear and even when I try to do a reset I can't see the Fitbit logo. Could you please tell me how you guys solved this? Thanks! @bo.phyyn3 @SantiR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no... This has just happened to my husbands one this afternoon too 😱

It's just under or just on a year old, the same thing happened to my Versa a few months back also. 

I tried all of the tips now, but nothing helps. 😔

Guess we have to wait for Monday and a new round with customer service. 

Good luck with yours 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this resolved? Im having the same problem with my Ionic i bought 2 yrs ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever gets this resolved? Mine just did the same thing yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@feliwilco

Yes, we tried all the trouble shooting we found on the net. The restarts, the resets, charging via USB from pc and mains etc.

Nothing worked. Rang customer support, told them the problem and EVERYTHING we had done to try and resolve.

Was put on hold and a few minutes later was told that as we'd tried everything we would get a replacement. The email came as I was talking to them. Two choices, 50% of a new/different watch or a replacement free.

This has happened with every watch we've had from them that has shat itself. So their customer service is great!

Good luck 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer services is great for some but for others, not so much. My Ionic bricked on me just outside the warranty, after an update and the best I got was a sorry about your luck, here's 30% off if you want to buy another Ionic. I didn't, I got a Versa and it too worked fine until about 5 months in and FB pushed an update. Since then, I have had nothing but problems with it. When it finally dies, I'm switching to a different brand. 

Best Answer

Mine has done the same thing and all Fitbit could do was offer me a 25% discount and no solutions. Mine is just under 2 years 😖

Best Answer

Same here. Customer service was not helpful. 

Best Answer