Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic charging polarization reversed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had an MRI and forgot to take my watch off until right after the machine started. In that brief time the metal on the back of the watch that the charger attaches to reversed polarization. Now my charger and watch push away from each other. Is there a way to fix this? Right now I have to hold them together the entire charging time to charge my watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Ted, I think you better contact Customer Support for your problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support but they didn't know anything about it. They did give me a coupon for 35% a new one. It is a shame since there was nothing wrong with my 2yr old device other than that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tedmonkey wrote:

I recently had an MRI and forgot to take my watch off until right after the machine started. In that brief time the metal on the back of the watch that the charger attaches to reversed polarization. Now my charger and watch push away from each other. Is there a way to fix this? Right now I have to hold them together the entire charging time to charge my watch.

A compatible non-HR charging clip confirms this: corner is GND, the other VUSB.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tedmonkey wrote:

So I went to attach my Ionic (3 months old) to the charger (it's magnetic and usually just pulls itself right on) it won't attach. I tested it with another small magnet to see which has the issue. The charger itself still has magnetic pull or whatever it just won't connect to my fitbit. I've wiped down inspected my Ionic it is fine. If I hold them together they connect and charge, but only as long as I'm holding them in place. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread since it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes