Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed my time was off on my ionic so I attempted to sync it in the app and it wouldn’t sync. So I restarted the ionic. Still nothing. Then I unpaired it with my phone and attempted to pair it again and now it won’t pair. It gets to the connecting to ionic screen and gets halfway and just stays there and then I get an error message. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and checked and tried different WiFis. Can someone help me with figuring out how to fix it or do I need to contact IT?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Sorry, not a solution. Similar problem with Ionic. Unpaired, couldn't pair again.

After logging out, uninstalling app, rebooting, rebooting the phone, installing the app, disabling/enabling bluetooth etc, the best I've come so far is for the app to search for the watch for ages, find it, show numerals on the watch. When I tap them into the app I immediately get a message saying what to do now that it failed.

Best Answer

Also sorry it's not a solution, but I'm having same problem.  Looks like the firmware update killed my ionic.  Can't even find the device now.  The ionic works just fine.  Charges.  Counts steps.  But it's losing time and since the firmware updated, the app won't work with the ionic anymore.  At least you know it's not just you.  Customer support will tell you to either buy a new fitbit or a new phone.  That's what they told me.

Cami

Best Answer

Thanks filter letting me  know

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. my Fitbit is less than a month old and my phone is 2 months old, go figure!

Best Answer

I'm having same issues.  My Ionic is 11 months old.  Assuming it was the last firmware update that killed it.  Very disappointed in Fitbit not owning this and making it right...

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you for sharing what you're experiencing with your Ionic after you installed the latest firmware update. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I would like you to confirm you tried this syncing troubleshooting. If you're still experiencing difficulties after this, please reply to the following questions: 

- Which phone model and OS version do you have? 

- Did it started happening with latest Ionic's firmware version?

@Tmmccart Thanks for the detailed information shared. I would like you to try the troubleshooting posted in this article. What is the error message you're receiving? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’ve tried all of the tips mentioned. I have an IPhone 8 Plus and my software is up to date (iOS 13.5.1). I also tried on my iPad and 2 different Kindles. No device can locate the ionic anymore. This happened in the last few days. I can’t confirm if it’s linked to the latest firmware update. Appreciate any assistance. 

Best Answer
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Android Version 10.

I have reset both the watch and the phone. Right now my watch says it is
12:28 and it is, in fact, 5:02.

We were able to delete and repair with watch one time. It lasted four
hours then wouldn't pair after that and again started losing time.

Yes, it started after the last Fitbit update.

Diane

Diane
Best Answer

Thanks for your efforts, Silvia.  Yes, I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips.  I've restarted my phone and my ionic.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I've turned off bluetooth and back on again on my phone.  I've turned off bluetooth on my other devices.  I've tried to manually sync.  When I removed my ionic and tried to set it up as a new device, AFTER THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE, now, the app can't find my ionic.... ever.  And, the ionic continues to lose time, so it's no longer effective as a watch or a fitness tracker.  In fact, I didn't wear it today for the first time in 2 years.

I have an LG G7 ThinQ Android version 9 with the most recent software version (no updates available).

Thanks for your help.

Cami

Best Answer

I also tried all of the tips to no avail. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and my software is up to date with OS 13.5.1. I also tried the other tip and it still didn’t work. The message that I get is “Something went wrong: there was an error while trying to repair your device.” This firmware has to be the issue, but to buy a new Fitbit or a new phone is a bit ridiculous to ask of someone.

Best Answer

@auntielo80 @dls98tuc @camilynn @Tmmccart Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this with me.

Thanks for sharing the mobile device that you have. Since some of you are using Android and other iOS, please try the following: 

Android users:

- Clear the cache of the app

- Force stop it

- Reboot your phone 

- Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background 

- Try setting your Ionic one more time 

For the ones that have iOS, we experienced some syncing and setup issues yesterday but it's now resolved. Please confirm that your app is updated and if you have another mobile device nearby, please try the setup procedure on that one. 

As a side note, ensure that you don't have Bluetooth on in other devices when troubleshooting. 

Let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, My Ionic was able to pair today. Thank you.

Best Answer

Still didn’t work. Got the same error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tmmccart @auntielo80 Thanks for getting back.

I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will reply to you soon. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you.   

@auntielo80 I'm glad to hear that you were able to pair your Ionic. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

Thank you for attempting to help.  I followed all of your instructions for my Android device and emptied the cache, forced the app to stop, rebooted the phone, made sure the app was running in the background, and I was able to set up my ionic.  HOWEVER, in the first 2 hours the ionic has lost 6 mins. and when I open the app in an attempt to sync it, the app dashboard tells me there is "no device found".  2 hours since setting it up.  When I try to manually sync it through the app, it won't work.  I'm back to square one, with a pristine ionic that won't keep time or log activity.

Cami

Best Answer

My Ionic lost the Bluetooth connection on the 29th of June, and almost 7 days later it is still not fixed. Nothing works to fix this. Done everything suggested on the internet over and over again. Fitbit support is useless at the moment, which they are blaming on the Coronavirus. All they will say is they hope to have a fix soon. I've sent them numerous screenshots, and I've even recorded my phone screen and sent that as well. Showing I cannot connect to Bluetooth.

Because the time is out, GPS doesn't work properly either. It doesn't record sleep, and you are lucky if you get more than one sync a day. I'm getting totally cheesed off with a watch that does not work.

As usual, the app is looking for my device. And it last synced 3 hours ago. Get this issue fixed Fitbit.

Aso, the watch has stopped charging properly as well from the same day. I've had it plugged into the charger for the last 10 minutes. And it just will not charge. I've even tried 3 leads. Including a brand new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing on the internet works to fix this. The app and the watch do not have a Bluetooth connection. Either come up with a fix, or start replacing defective goods. And Fitbit support via Twitter is getting me nowhere. It's almost 7 full days since my watch worked. And yes, I've tried every fix on the internet over and over again, and sent screen recordings and screenshots to Fitbit support proving this over the last 5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JaysonJ Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the detailed information shared.

I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned they are already handling your case through email, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

@camilynn Thanks for letting me know that your Ionic is set up now to your account but it's not always syncing. I've shared your post with our team and they informed me that you already had a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn't really call it support. They sent me an email over 48 hours ago, saying I had a constantly syncing watch. I have sent them a barrage of evidence proving that I don't have a constantly syncing watch. Including screen videos showing syncing failing, Another video showing the bluetooth constantly turning off and on. I've sent them numerous screenshots. Tomorrow will be the 11th day in a row when my time will be out between 20 and 50 minutes. So sleep recording is always inaccurate. How is this watch not faulty? And why will Fitbit not sort it out. I'm really losing faith with Fitbit and want to escalate this to a complaint. There is no fix in sight, then why am I paying for Fitbit Premium. We are not far off a fortnight of my watch not functioning properly. And it is only 8 months old. There has also been a big charging issue for the last 11 days as well. This morning, even though plugged in, it only started charging when it reached 9%. It was 18% when I started the charge.

In addition, my watch has failed to sync for the last 6 hours today. And the time is currently 6 minutes behind the real time. The Bluetooth WILL JUST NOT CONNECT. Fitbit support have ignored my emails for over 80 hours. This problem is not going away. Fitbit need to fix this or replace the watch.

Best Answer