Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won’t pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed my time was off on my ionic so I attempted to sync it in the app and it wouldn’t sync. So I restarted the ionic. Still nothing. Then I unpaired it with my phone and attempted to pair it again and now it won’t pair. It gets to the connecting to ionic screen and gets halfway and just stays there and then I get an error message. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, and checked and tried different WiFis. Can someone help me with figuring out how to fix it or do I need to contact IT?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@SilviaFitbityou've been much more helpful than either time I contacted customer support.  I'm not sure I will get any help going back to them but I will try.  When I contacted them previously about my ionic issue, I used chat once and a phone call once.  You've asked me to use email.  Where can I find the email address I should be using and how do I make sure the right people see my email?  Thank you.

Cami

Best Answer

@camilynn Thanks for getting back. I appreciate your feedback about the help received in the forums, this motivates us to continue providing a good Customer Service. 

Since you already had a case with them, I would recommend to reply back to the same case. Please let them know the troubleshooting performed, they will review your options and provide more information. 

@JaysonJ Thank you so much for taking the time to share details about the information you've provided to our team. They will review your case and provide you with troubleshooting based in what you share with them. I took the liberty to share your comments with them, be sure that they haven't been unnoticed. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue, and spoke with IT twice today.  They were zero help.  He told me that I should have update the software.  I tried explaining that the issue occurred upon my attempt to update.  He then told me the watch is no longer in warranty and there is no more he could do other than offer a 25% discount on a new Ionic.  This watch is only 1 1/2 years old.  Horrible customer service for someone who has owned 5 of their watches of the years.  If you see this and want to make it right FitBit, check the notes on case # 36686430.  I'm extremely disappointed.  You should be too.  You are losing a once loyal customer.  Apple watch will be in my future, I guess!

Best Answer

I've sent them about 15 emails without reply. But last night they responded with troubleshooting tips. Which has just annoyed me further. I've told them over and over again that I've tried everything and nothing works. So asking me to turn off my Bluetooth for 10 seconds, and all the other items on the list, are just wasting everybody's time, and we are still going round in circles.

However, I installed the latest Fitbit app release this morning. Version 3.25. And I will now need to monitor if this will fix the issue or not. As other people have said in this post, the pairing and syncing issues all started after the last version 3.24.1 update.

Further update - unfortunately the app update has not fixed the problem. My watch is now a few minutes behind the actual time again, and the Ionic has lost the Bluetooth connection again. THIS IS NOT FIXED. Back to square one.

Best Answer

I'm the same, I've had Fitbit watches for years and years. Had a Surge first, then a few Ionics. The difference with yourself being that my Ionic watch is still in warranty.

For information, I installed the latest Fitbit app release this morning. Version 3.25. And I will now need to monitor if this will fix the issue or not. First impression is that it is working a lot better than it has been. But if it loses time at any point, I will know it is not fixed. I suggest you try the update. Before you throw the towel in.

Further update - unfortunately the app update has not fixed the problem. My watch is now a few minutes behind the actual time again, and the Ionic has lost the Bluetooth connection again. THIS IS NOT FIXED. Back to square one.

Best Answer

I was able to pair my Ionic last night and sync.  This morning time is off, can’t pair, connect, or sync.  Please send out an update that will FIX the issue!

Best Answer

Still not working.

Running IOS 12.4.8 on IPhone 6

Issues started after Updating Tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It'll be 3 weeks of this for me tomorrow morning. All support will say is they are hoping to fix this issue soon. I've opened another support ticket demanding my Fitbit Premium is extended by at least a month. Because the time is out, sleep recording is incorrect. And there are loads of other issues without a properly working bluetooth connection..

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue. I have an Apple 7 plus- updated software and my ionic is 3 years old. It will pair sometimes and like this morning I have lost time. My Bluetooth says it is connected, but it will not sync. I have also trouble shot like many of the others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wore my ionic on Friday (in and out of the house) and it didn't sync at all during the day (no device found).  Yesterday, I left it on the kitchen counter and didn't wear it at all.  I periodically checked and it appeared to sync throughout the day without problem.  This is useful... an ionic that won't sync when you wear and use it but syncs when it is laying on the kitchen counter...  that's just what I want out of a fitness tracker.  It's either the firmware update or the app....

Cami

Best Answer

I may be done with my Ionic!  Unable to get the Fitbit App to find my WiFi, can’t sync, Ionic won’t keep the correct time, can’t connect to Bluetooth, have turned off and on my Fitbit too many times to remember.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app too many times and now I’m supposed to keep the app on in the background?  What if I’m on a run, leave my phone at home, use my Fitbit flyer for music...how’s that going to work?  I’m heading to the Apple web site.

Best Answer

I too am having this issue. It started yesterday morning (19 July 2020) when I noticed that the time was off by several hours!! I tried to re-sync the watch on the app but it would not sync. It did sync once and updated the time, but  then it went back to being unable to sync and started losing time again. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips but nothing has worked. My most recent attempt was to unpair and re-pair the watch with my phone. It gets to the 'searching for Ionic....' page but is unable to find it. At one point it said that it had found it, but it was just pulling my leg as it didn't connect and is now back to not being able to find it again. All my other bluetooth devices work just fine with the phone, SO IT IS NOT THE PHONE.

- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

- Android Version 8.0.0

- Fitbit App Version 3.25

- Firmware on Ionic 27.70.8.0

Please don't tell me to do any more troubleshooting as I have tried everything already and have no intentions of wasting any more time (Just like every other owner of an Ionic by the look of it). I need a solution.

Thanks

Best Answer
I’ve given up...trying to pair, update, remove, reload, pair, search...  Bought an Apple Series 5 today and am moving on to better things...

Reach for the stars...even if you have to stand on a cactus!:glowing_star:
Best Answer

Mine is a Moto3 Z

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything you stated it still won't pair. I have spent hours on this an missed sleep trying all of these things. Now what??????

Best Answer

In case this is helpful to anyone.... I have discovered that I can sync my ionic by plugging it into the charger EARLY in the morning.  I have reliably been able to sync my ionic by plugging it into the charger (regardless of level of battery charge) BEFORE 8am (EST).  The time automatically resets to the correct time and steps from the previous day are logged.  As soon as I remove it from the charger, it no longer syncs and starts losing time, but it does count steps.  I have an Android so your mileage may vary.  Plugging it into the charger at other times of the day don't seem to have the same effect as far as syncing goes.  I hope this helps someone....

Cami

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved: I had the same issue. Did a factory reset of my ionic (setting->about->factory reset) and now it is paring and syncing. Your already synced data will remain on your account.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

I have the same issue and I can pair my Ionic now. Thank so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread since it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer