Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic control music while running.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Controlling music with Ionic works fine (Spotify and iMusic).

However when Ionic is set to trace the "running" session, I can't find the option to control the music. Is there something to do with the settings so this happens?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You have to hold the top right button. This will take you to a menu to fast forward, pause and play songs. Unfortunately you cannot change playlists which really needs to get implemented soon.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

You have to hold the top right button. This will take you to a menu to fast forward, pause and play songs. Unfortunately you cannot change playlists which really needs to get implemented soon.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

although you can't switch playlists is there a way of viewing the track in the current playlist while I'm exercise mode...only able to go skip backwards and forwards...you be nice to scroll though the current playlist ? 

Best Answer

This no longer works with the latest OS update. 😞

Best Answer

You've got to be kidding me. Why do they "take away" features in new updates? Like swiping right on the clock doesn't do anything anymore? (You have to hold the Back button now?) Why?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found this was changed too, it's ridiculous! Now I have to hold the left button and swipe past notifications while running?? Does anybody at fitbit actually workout? If they did, they'd know making us click AND swipe to access music during exercise is stupid. 

Ionic, Alta, Flex
Best Answer
Wait...but you can't access music AT ALL anymore while in an exercise mode, right?
Best Answer

@evillama You can still access music by holding left button ( you may have to swipe right too) however you need to have started the music app before you start the exercise so that it will come up. Annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, "HOLD" the left button! I was just pressing it quickly. OK got it, that works. Thanks!
Best Answer

Hi all. Maybe a silly question. 

I can't figure out how to fast forward or rewind music tracks in the ionic. 

Am I just missing something obvious?

I like listening to podcasts while I run, and it's super annoying to not be able to control my spot in an audio track. 

Thanks! 

Jonny 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jonny1988 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for your question regarding music control on Ionic.

You can play or pause the track or tap the arrow icons to skip to the next track or previous track. The + and - icons are for controlling volume. 

I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find this idea which is asking for some app with functionalities for podcasts:

Please vote for this idea to support it. The more votes, the better. If the idea doesn't really reflects what you are looking for please create a new original one.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I can't even get it to control anything. What exactly are they doing? Or are they only caring about the Versa now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TacoBellionaire I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic music controls.

What are you not able to control? How is it happening?

I'd recommend checking this helpful article that is about music control. You will find all the information and details you need there.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR for more info on @TacoBellionaire issue please see their other post .

To sum it up. when their are headphones connected to the phone it is next to impossible to control the music on the phone through the ionic. This is a problem with both the Versa and Ionic. 

This was not a problem with OS 2.0 but appeared with OS 2.1 and not addressed with 2.11. 

It seems with every update to fix something, something else gets broken. 

I sometimes am able to follow these steps and have the ability to control the music on the phone through my wrist. 

- Start the music playing on the phone

- Go to the music control on the Ionic

- Tap the Icon to get to the screen to choose the phone for music control. This also was not needed every time with OS 2.0, but now required with 2.1 and not addressed in 2.11

- Now that the music is playing and the controls are attached to the phone i now turn on the headphones, or the car radio. 

- if i follow the above steps, in this order. I sometimes am able to go back to the music control on the ionic and actually control the music on the phone. 

Best Answer

With OS 2.0

Turn on headphones

The phone detects and comnects headphones

Start music player on the phone

Swipe right 

Controls connect to phone and I can control music. 

Best Answer

Hi @TacoBellionaire, have you tried the steps shared above by @Rich_Laue

Please try them out and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR music control with headphones, should not require 5-10 steps to setup with each listening session. And even then, there is no guarantee that it will work, might take me severslstimes doing the 5 steps, in the proper odor. 

All tgiststarted wit IS 2.1. I would say it might be an android app issue, but ios has this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Top right gives me notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lisa try this.  On the watch screen swipe left and 4 apps should appear.  Move the Music app to the top left position.  Go back to the watch screen and press quickly the top right button.  The Music app should appear.  If you hold the top right button for a bit longer the Notifications should appear.  See if this helps and gets it working for you.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes