Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is dead and will not charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic completely died and I have tried to charge it for a few days now through that USB on my computer and in the wall with no luck. According to the app it says my battery is completely dead and phone will not connect to it. I have cleaned the cable and connections but the charger works for my wifes, so I know its the watch. I'm not sure what else to do? I've tried to restart it holding the buttons with no luck? Can someone please help?

Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207
Did u pay by credit card? Some credit cards offer double manufacturer warranty.

Sent from my iPhoneX
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had the same thing happen to me.  Fitbit sucks they are no longer getting any of my money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s an incredibly inconvenient solution but the factory reset suggested earlier in this thread (holding all three buttons for 12 seconds) allowed my device — which is only  4 months old — to finally come back from the dead and start recharging.   But I’ll probably have to set it up all over again.

This, after experiencing issues in the first month where all the activity tracker and heart rate sensor functions “froze” and I had to go through a factory reset that time to clear things so it would start tracking again.

Talk about frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe firmware did fix completely drainage not charging. I know factory
reset brought it back from black screen. It has gone through a firmware
update. Now I have tried 3 or 4 months and could not repeat the black
screen. Every time I charged and saw 0% then unplug and wait for another 3
or 4 weeks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned my Ionic for 14 months. After not being used for about 5 weeks, I attempted to charge it - no luck. 

Cleaned the charger and inputs with a toothpick - no luck.

Plugged into computer for 30 hours - no luck.

Used said computer to shop for an Apple watch, which is now in my cart.

One last time, I tried holding all 3 buttons for 12 seconds and voila' - the Fitbit logo appears. 

Now I'm waiting to see if it charges completely and syncs. I almost tossed the thing out of frustration. I'm not sure what the answer is to this whole headache, but it does seem that a $300 watch should be a little easier to figure out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that. They're not built to last sadly.
Best Answer

I'm afraid your right, when my first Ionic stopped working after about 15 months, I thought I had damaged it in some way and since I really liked it, I bought a second one. It lasted one year and two days. That was only a little annoying, Fitbit's response was just crazy. Here's the thing, their quality wasn't always crappy, my almost six year old Surge is working just find. I pulled it out of the drawer, charged it up and its still going. 

But when it's done....I'm done with Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

If your Ionic isn't charging, please try the tips provided in this article Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

If after trying the troubleshooting provided above, you're still having difficulties, contact our Support team or create a new thread. As of now, this thread will be closed, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer