Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is stuck on update screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What’s up with ionic update won’t update 

now my ionic is stuck on update screen and recording nothing!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Mine won't update either. 

Best Answer

I’m having a similar issue in that my Fitbit and the app are not talking to each other. It says they have synced but the data is not up to date on the app. My thinking is that if I turn off the ionic Fitbit and turn it on again that it will reboot. However I don’t know how to turn it off and on. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

@Hthopus32 @ReadingAddict79 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this on the Ionic Board.

By update you mean syncing or you mean that a firmware update has failed? If the firmware update failed please try the steps on this helpful article to sort this out. 

If you are having difficulties to sync, I'd recommend trying all of the troubleshooting steps listed on this other helpful article. You should find this very useful to sort this out! 

@EBLondon It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Please try the above steps to sort the syncing situation you are experiencing. Also, I think that by turning on/off Ionic you mean a restart. Check these steps to restart your Ionic.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I am having g the same problem, Ionic is stuck  on updating screen. I've shut off the Bluetooth and restarted iphone. I can't shut off my watch because the instructions on this link don't match the settings on my app. When you go into settings I don't see about anywhere. Please help i can't use the watch 

Tks

Best Answer

The solution is to turn off your Ionic Fitbit and then turn it back on again.  That seemed to work for me.

Best Answer
Thank you that worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the steps listed in firmware update and it still does not work. I cant use exercise app or many others. Updates never finish. 

Best Answer
I could never get the update to work either. I tried a few times and just gave up. I restarted my watch and it stopped the update. Watch and app work now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re lucky update didn’t work. It has so many issues!!! Stop trying and wait lime me!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time of firmware update was stucked in the middle, couldn't turn off the watch, so wait mote than a week until the battery was flat. Then it restarted normally, and the firmware update was done last week. However, the calculation on total daily steps was wrong after the upgrade. My lowest heart rate was 4 beats lower. Now I cannot trust my ionic. Anyone knows how to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the steps, I ended up with same problem... and didnt know what to do... This post helped.. am back with my ionic now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold all 3 Button's for 5 sec...that worlw

Best Answer

How did you shut it off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Jflowers, it's nice to see you here! In order to restart your Ionic, try these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

If after restarting your tracker the firmware update cannot be completed, please see: Why I can't update my Fitbit device? 

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine too..   any news???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm letting my battery die!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is also stuck in the logo screen after an update. I have reset it. Using both the two and three button option, I’ve run down the battery and I’ve removed it from the app. Restarted blue tooth and the phone. What’s next?

Best Answer
Mine worked after I reset it. Maybe try to call customer service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a blaze for 4 years without any issues, now I have bought a Ionic and nothing but problems, its useless and not worth a cent.  I can't use it, I can't update the firmware.  It just sits in a cycle of updating.  I have tried every solution mentioned in the forums and nothing works.

Time to move on to something that does work!!

Best Answer
0 Votes