Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i just don't understand about Fitbit; community forum rule suggest sharing our expriance here and when I did share my true experience my post gets deleted. I am asking for solution for my dead Fitbit ionic that is less than a year and a half since I bought it.

Yes I have tried to

-: reset and restart the device by pressing the two and 3 buttons as well as 2 buttons together for at lest 20 seconds.

:- I have cleaned charging ports on the device and charging cable with alcohol and compressed air.

:- I have tried different (new) charging cable and charging ports (different computer and wall brick). 

I do not think offering discount for our dead device without solving the core issue is fair customer support. Before my post gets deleted can anyone (specially from Fitbit) give me a solution to my dead ionic?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I had no problems with my fitbit Ionic until they pushed the update. Afterwards my Fitbit initially stopped tracking steps and heartrate, I tried to restart option and now it is stuck on the restart window flashing in multiple languages. Please help. I am frustrated with Fitbit software developers. They need to fix the bug that is causing this problem. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"We are all part of an ever expanding club of dead Ionic onwers. Such a shame. I have put up with all the resets and software issues but when its dead and wont charge there is nothing you can do.

Owners need to understand there are really two different types of problems.

1.Software

Resets and updates normally fix these.

2. Hardware.

Battery/battery life/charging/dead unit.

From my experience you will get a number of software problems but are easily fixed. The biggest concern is the hardware issues that kill the unit.

Fitbit should list all the common problems and fixs in one place like other manufacturers do but maybe they consider that would expose how many there are.

I think Fitbit have their head in the sand and know all the problems but will not tell thier customers for obivous reasons. No one will buy a piece of Tech at that price knowing it will only last around 12 months. Fitbit need to get real on that point and act like a responsible company what ever the cost. A company that will not extend or give a full warranty on replacement has no faith in there own product.

Best Answer
0 Votes