Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not syncing and time is wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

this just started happening with my ionic watch. Modifying the time zone is not the answer for me. I am tired of buying a new watch every two years. Thinking Apple right now.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @ctgale, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me share with you that our Fitbit devices use the mobile device information to display the time with the syncing process, therefore, if you're having syncing difficulties with your Ionic, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.  

I'll be here if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just been on chat this morning to be told the minimum OS version ionic now works with is 7! When did this happen, I have been using it with my Samsung S5 for the last 3 years and it is on OS 6.0.1? Why does it not now support the older version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also happening to me. Losing time & having trouble syncing all the sudden. Watch is only 9 months old. Quite discouraged as I decided to stick w/ FitBit over apple. Hopefully a clear answer will be provided soon.

Best Answer

I have been using it with my Samsung S5 for the last 3 years and it is on OS 6.0.1? Why does it not now support the older version?

AFAIK it's to do with the Fitbit app version on your phone. The last few updates have pushed the Android support version to 7.

There are archive sites out there. Google is your friend. I don't think Fitbit wish to encourage running earlier versions, so I won't post a link. But often older phones are still fine for some users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, are you suggesting to not update when suggested? My device has just suggested there is an update but wont connect - surprise surprise! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

are you suggesting to not update when suggested?

Not at all. My suggestion was to the OP who is running an older phone on Android 6. Supported OS's (Android 7+), it's best to update for app bug fixes etc. 

I'm not sure if there is any correlation between phone/computer app version compatibility and the firmware version on the Ionic. There doesn't seem to be any clear information from Fitbit on version compatibility scenarios for users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is now reading 20 minutes late and has had issues synching since the software update. I just want to know how to get the right time but there is no clear response from fitbit for this. Disappointing as its my 5th fitbit and it seems that the are only meant to last for 18 months. 

Best Answer

I empathize as I was here looking for the same answer after trying for days to restore the right time. My IONIC went to "0" battery four days ago, without notice, then after charging, clock was out by a couple hours and 10 minutes. It would not sync, but this morning, it did, but time remained off. And as I was reading the blog, boom, the time was reset to the correct time. Hope this is not the beginning of the end. Good luck with your issues.

Best Answer