Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic raise wrist not working anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my new Ionic on Sunday, have had no problems with it so far until today. Everything was working fine, went for a walk, and in the last couple hours the ionic screen won't activate when I raise my wrist. I haven't changed any settings today and I've restarted the device. Haven't done a factory reset yet, that's a last resort. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Swipe right on the clock screen and set Screen Wake to Auto.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Awesome troubleshooting

On the ionic, when swiping to the left from the clock screen, is the screen wake setting displaying 'auto'? If yes, feel free to change to manuel, and back to auto.

If it doesn't do the trick, try changing to manuel, shutdown the ionic from the settings menu, change the setting back to auto.

Hope it helps

Best Answer

@LeCats Did you follow @SunsetRunner's suggestion to get Screen Awake working again? I sure hope so. Please let me know!

Best Answer

Did not work for me...seems like a lot of people are having the same problem now!

Best Answer

@MartVer Thanks for giving that a try. I recommend restarting the watch with the instructions here. Once it's been restarted, give the Quick View gesture a try again and let me know the results.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

*Fingers Crossed*

@MartVer

canva-blue-illustrated-panda-good-luck-card-MACObT7zBKE

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit nope...tried this way to reset but dit not matter. So the problem is the Ionic only waking once every 5-10 times and ONLY if I do the movement in one precise way...

Allready followed the following steps:

- right swipe, switched manual to auto to manual multiple times

- tried to lay it flat when I had the recalibrating message

- 'shut down' from 'about' menu

- 'factory reset' from 'about' menu

- hard reset by holding all the buttons for some time

- got in touch with chatservice for removing 

- 'reset' as @ErickFitbit told me to

So annoying that it doesn't work properly anymore... :'( 

Also let my friend try on the same arm as a Fitbit Charge 2 because I thought I was doing something wrong, but had exactly the same problem, while her Charge 2 was 'waking up' constantly :'(

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner thanks a bunch! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the Fitbit Support chat service it's possible (but not definite) that the discrepancy is connected with the firmware 'developers build' update since it's a beta update for the Ionic...

I'm in the process of getting it removed now (which is quite a hassle) so in 48hrs I can reset my Ionic with the 'public' firmware again. Hope this is the solution! 

Will get back at u guys. 

Best Answer

So, deleting the developers firmware did not help at all...

problem with screen wake persists, but screen is lit very often when not directed at my face at all, and not lit when I want it to be :'-/

Next problem is: it stopped counting my steps & floors, so as a last resort I tried a reset again and now it isn't even pairing at all. 

Starting to get quite annoyed by my Ionic now, which seems to be doing less and less with everything I try...going back to the shop soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant thanks for this mine was set to manual, did not know you could set this to manual.

Thanks Awesome help

Best Answer

I am also not able to reliably get the watch face to activate without pressing buttons.  I wish they would implement the wrist flick that would light up the Pebble watches. I keep trying that to no avail, but the flick was almost 100% effective for lighting up my Pebbles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  My husband's new Ionic wakes every time and is sensitive to swipes.  I even charged up my old Surge and it also wakes quickly every time and it's 3 years old and I wore it everyday!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Worked a charm for me 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem. I also want to know what to do?

Got my new Ionic on Sunday, have had no problems with it so far until today. Everything was working fine, went for a walk, and in the last couple hours the ionic screen won't activate when I raise my wrist. I haven't changed any settings today and I've restarted the device. Haven't done a factory reset yet, that's a last resort. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer

Swipe right on the clock screen and set Screen Wake to Auto.

Best Answer

I had the same issue.

Just hold in the left side button for 3 sec or so and change screen wake setting to auto.

Best Answer

willy, your post is inappropriate.  You answered a 13 day old poster who was using OS1 and your answer was for OS2. Thanks for participating in the Forum though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
well no one at fitbit could give me a solution until I accidentally figured
out the fix for my "ionic awake"problem.
worth posting in case the swipe suggestion doesn't work.
Best Answer

I had the same problem , ended up holding the wake button on the left side for about 10 seconds and the sleep wake option had changed to manual so i set it to Auto

Best Answer