Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reset my screen using left and bottom buttons as my data wasn’t showing. Screen came back on but mo change. Tried another reset and now my screen won’t come on at all. Still syncing with my iPhone but screen completely off

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124
I have loved Fitbit, and hate this. I bought me and my wife Blazes 3 years
ago. Bought 5 charge Hr’s for the kids. Bought a zip and regular charge for
my in-laws. Bought us an Aria scale. All within a month. The scale has
been replaced once. All of the Charges have been replaced. The quality is
junk. Both Blazes are still going strong. When I got my Ionic, I put my
Blaze in the closet. I got it out for now. I have it around my ankle to
compete with friends, but wear my Apple Watch on my wrist. It has LTE and 0
issues. I’m done buying fitbits. I’ll ride out the Blaze around my ankle
and I’m done. The HR’s and Ionic disappointed me. At least they replaced
the HR. --
Kevin R. Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My fitbit icon blanked out as well last night, charged all night, no sensor lights on screen dark. 2 weeks out of warranty.

Best Answer

Yup- mine dead this morning.  Worked great for 1.4 years.  Software problem for sure.

** Update** Called back a second time - replacement was offered.  REALLY hope they get the bugs fixed because I really like the device and had virtually zero problems before today. 

Best Answer

Okay, when I done all that they told me to do and nothing worked.  I took it off the charger and pressed the reboot (with three buttons). Still nothing happened.  At that point I started to press all the buttons as quick as I possibly could, and poof it came back on, lol.  Either this way or the opposite of that, it turned back on.  You welcome! 

Best Answer

Hahaha I tried it as a last ditch attempt - still a brick for me!

Best Answer
Sorry I was not as lucky as you, nothing works getting the screen back

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic won't turn back as of today, was at 30%, went to charge, came back and won't turn on.

Contacting customer service... with the amount of recent posts, I suspect a software issue.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.  My Ionic is only 4 months old. I have almost full battery charge but Ionic is totally dead - no flashing LED lights, blank screen, and totally unresponsive to any buttons.  Tried factory reset and nothing.  I went through the troubleshooting with Fitbit support and they couldn't resolve it. Then I was informed by Fitbit Support that they would not honor the one-year warranty because I purchased my device from EBay through a seller who is not an "authorized Fitbit reseller"! It was brand new and in its sealed original packaging with the serial number, etc., on the box, but Fitbit still will not honor the warranty.  This seems ridiculous to me.  Why should it matter where it was purchased, as long as the serial number can be provided to them? Needless to say, I am not happy about this at all.  I had also bought a 2-year extended warranty with Square Trade.  See my update on obtaining assistance from Square Trade.  I highly recommend them!  I would advise anyone buying a Fitbit to spend the extra money and buy an extended warranty from Square Trade!!  

Best Answer

Welcome to the club.... with tax I spent $459.00 CDN on my Ionic for it to fail 15 months after purchase. I don’t think I own any other devices that on average cost $30 per month to operate. I get it that Fitbit has policies in place for a reason, but whe hundreds of ionic are failing-without a reason, without a fix and without a solution-then there is a problem that they should fix. 

Best Answer

I wasn't even offered to return.  Just a discount on my next Ionic purchase.  Had mine exactly 15 months.  So sad.  I really love it and to invest almost $300.00 into a device and have it just stop on you with no prior issues is insane!

Best Answer

My Ionic was 81% charged and died 3 hours ago.  I can't restart it at all.  Tried all steps suggested.  I'll have to dig into paperwork to find original receipt. I might have a 2 year warranty with Dicks Sports, but not sure. Jeez!

@

Best Answer

Mine died today too just 3 months past the warranty and they offered a measly discount on a new one. Im not impressed at all as a 25% doesnt not equate to a 350.00 now useless piece of tech

Best Answer

My gut is telling me this is related to Pandora.  I'm curious, for units that crashed recently, do you have Pandora on your watch?  Needless to say, when my new one gets here, I will purposely leave Pandora off. 

Thoughts?

Best Answer

Hi All,

Mi Ionic start behaving weird for the past 2 weeks and finally it is dead a week back, It is getting heated up while charging but screen is blank ,  after any trails. one week over, I am regular with my friends on challenges , now I am disconnected totally.

What is the wayout. 

Best Answer
When I first ordered my Fitbit, but before it came in, I would use my
iPhone as a tracker.
--
Kevin R. Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi wnysubaru,

I never had Pandora or any other customized apps on my device. So I dont
think that was the issue.

Best Regards
Brian
Best Answer
Same here, no Pandora

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
Best Answer

I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring as someone who is also experiencing this issue. I typically put my watch on the charger when I take a shower and I look at the charge to make sure the connection is good. I connected it yesterday at 59%, then later that evening I went to look at the time and it wouldn't come on. I thought something must have somehow drained the battery, so I charged it all night. Still no response.  So I tried a different charger and cable  charged it for another hour, still nothing. Surprised to see so many other people with this issue cropping up in the last month, but it makes me think something more is going on for there to be this many similar failures in the same time frame regardless of watch age. 

Best Answer

I bought my Ionic on 28 Feb 2018. It worked brilliantly without any problems till this afternoon when the screen went blank suddenly. 

According to the app, it last synced at 1648 hours. When I glanced at around 1700 hours,  the screen was blank and can't get it working again. None of the solution works. It can't be battery problem, as it was at over 80%.

What gives! 

Best Answer
Mine died on 3/27/19, but I didn't have the Pandora app on it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer