Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stops tracking during runs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently my ionic is taking ages (5mins+) to lock on to gps and during my last 4 runs it has randomly suddenly stopped tracking altogether! One was during a race which was really anyoing not knowing my pace or how far I’d run etc😡. Any ideas please? Because at the moment it is not fit for purpose. It’s only 6 months old! TIA. 

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome back @Christine8039 thanks for your reply and update, I do apologize for my delay in responding your post. However, I'm glad to continue assisting you.

I appreciate your update regarding your GPS difficulties, I'm glad to know that this situation was resolved. If you require further assistance with your Ionic device, don't hesitate to contact me back so I can continue helping you.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, to say the issue is resolved is a bit premature. I tried again in Farmington,Connecticut, not rural by any stretch.  It was a beautiful sunny day, with few clouds and again, searching, searching with no connection.  Next day same type of day. I would connect but it wouldn't stay connected.  It is a very hit or miss thing.  I can't count on my fitbit which is disappointing to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Christine8039.

Certainly this is not the way our Ionic watch was designed. If you haven't already done so, can you please take in consideration the information from our help article: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? and let me know if you continue experiencing difficulties with the GPS connection of your Ionic.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Iconic for just over a year and of course out of warranty. It’s having the same issue. It stops tracking time during a run. I’ve done the hard reset and it was ok for a week. Today it went back to stopping during the run

The way it looks here, there is no way to resolve this. Did a live chat and nothing they offered helped

is there a way to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine never worked right, then when the update came out it just died. I reluctantly replaced it. I don’t know if the original watch just never worked or if the update would have helped, but so far the new one is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear that you’re new one us working 

Mine developed the glitch after an update in November   Everything else works other than the run function timer. Although the HR function isn’t very accurate 

i won’t spend that kind of money on another Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, we've never been told whether or not the issue of the exercise app stopping during a run has been fixed or if it will ever be fixed.  After almost two years of waiting, I gave up and now use another brand's watch for tracking my runs.  I still use my Ionic as a smartwatch when not running.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit ionic is less than two years old, and I have all but discarded its' usage for my runs. Having repeatedly tried w/o success in solving the problem, I bought a watch at Walmart for $15.oo, which works better than the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dream on brother.😀

Best Answer
0 Votes