Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic syncing intermittently

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love the design and feel of this new ionic watch but have issues with it and they cant seem to resolve. It seems the product was rushed out into the market. My blaze didn't exhibit these issues on a daily basis

1. Constantly looking for device - Not syncing properly

2. Sleep reading isn't accurate. How can you have a total of one and half hours of sleep when you sleep from 10:27pm till 6:30am the next day

Oh I love the weather app but would be really ideal and neat if it could be added to the watch face look

Anyone experiencing these issues?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Hi there @allan473

Thanks for sharing your sharing your update! I'm glad to hear that you're back on track. Smiley Happy Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tipsrecipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They would not send me a replacement and it was under the warranty. Glad your problem got solved.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@allan473 wrote:

Fitbit took my Ionic and sent me another one - I have had it a week with no problems at all.

How long did it take to replace your ionic? I Am just curious and wants to compare notes 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit said they would send my replacement within 2 days of receiving mine. I sent it on a Monday and received the replacement on Friday of the following week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow... interestingly mine took weeks . I am literally done with them.

Abed's Note
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow. I'm really surprised! I've never had any issues with customer service.
Fitbit has been incredible for me since the beginning. I'm sorry to hear
you've had such a bad experience! ☹
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree. It's a nightmare dealing with replacement. Some of the data
metrics aren't accurate. Some folks might have just given up.

Abed
Best Answer
0 Votes

What to do when notifications just won't seem to return after a battery drain:

On your mobile go to accounts by touching gray'd index card in upper right.

scroll down to notifications.

touch and your mobile will ask to pair. Confirm.

Touch again, ensure all switches are still "on"

back in business 🙂

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic did work but for some reason it s

doesnt sync anymore with iPhone 5

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately your nightmare is just beginning. your notifications may work now but they won’t in time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks for reply. Yes your right! Not syncing again. A bit frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does not sync either. Constantly searching. WiFi is strong, app is up to date, iPhone X is up to date. Also my battery keeps dying after 4-5 hours on a full charge. I hate the watch. Customer service is a joke. Just waste your time telling you to do the same thing over and over again and call them back. My blaze was much better. I also only get notifications when it feels like it. It’s an expensive piece of trash. 

Best Answer
Fitbit has lost its way. I expect it is not doing well, and money is
tight, so it has cut customer support. Which will make it do worse. I
have gone from being a huge fitbit supporter to not caring about it. The
replacement they gave me, finally, is useless. Time to switch.
Best Answer

Everyone with replacement ionics are your New Ionic still working fine?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I gave up. I like the sleep tracking function and the GPS works well. Battery life is good. Text and email notifications have never worked and I gave up along time ago. The heart rate monitor is not accurate for athletes. Still reads high and spikes to numbers that my heart could never do.

Over all my opinion of ionic is very poor. If I need an accurate measurement from my heart rate I just strap on my old surge as it actually works accurately.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thanks I am finally returning mine tomorrow and if offered a replacement I am not going to take it, looking at Garmin Fenix Plus, Samsung Galaxy 42mm? Anyway thanks.

After not able to keep correct time it dies and goes black, couldn’t charge it then it decides to charge do yet another factory reset, latest update seemed to fix time correctly now I can’t load music, and it’s alarms have stopped vibrating! Time issue was fine thought I’d work with it a little longer as it’s tracking seems ok! Then the time tracking stopped, again after a month or so, loses time over a period?

Also did an assault air bike workout 1 min on 1 min off, 15 mins of workout, 15 mins of rest, equates to 5000 steps? Anyway this was my first smart watch not impressed!

Thanks I am finally returning mine tomorrow and if offered a replacement I am not going to take it, looking at Garmin Fenix Plus, Samsung Galaxy 42mm? Anyway thanks.

After not able to keep correct time it dies and goes black, couldn’t charge it then it decides to charge do yet another factory reset, latest update seemed to fix time correctly now I can’t load music, and it’s alarms have stopped vibrating! Time issue was fine thought I’d work with it a little longer as it’s tracking seems ok! Then the time tracking stopped? Also did an assault air bike workout 1 min on 1 min of 15 mins of workout 15 mins of rest, equates to 5000 steps? Anyway this was my first smart watch not impressed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my experience! Similar to you I haven't bothered to try and get a third replaced or even money just telling everyone to steer clear of Ionic and FitBit!

Comments on other posts! I've gone to Garmin! 

I didn't return mine? As they can see it's bricked!!! I recieved a replacement watch. Neither watch lasted over a year and always seemed to due during updates! Didn't want to do the second update as I was happy with the way it was going? Then I  did. I have  gone to Garmin!! Here is my experience from another post!!!

Yes EXACTLY the same with me!

FitBit updates seem to destroy or  brick your watch I only had my first FitBit Ionic not over 8-9 months. I received  full replacement watch after Firmware Version 27.33.1.30 and I received it on the  06 Feb 2019 after stuffing around trying everything forums and the support guys said!!!

After buying an Ionic from Good Guys on 24th April 2018 it played up and just lost time and did not work as it should ; down to it not even being able to give you a correct time and losing time over  period of working time. It worked well for 6-7 months then month 8-9 constant problens after update Firmware Version 27.33.1.30!

So not even a year out of either watch due to UPDATES. I read of other guys going through 3 replacements! 

This latest update 27.70.7.14 has seemingly updated the watch  but continously says " tracker not found"

I like alot of features and then now with Spotify Addition; as I didn't add any songs on second watch memory! I just decided to go to Garmin see if that lasts over a year! Glad they did the update around end of year! Guess it's because Google owns it and they want more money with subscriptions to features we all ready had? SLEEP tracking ect! FitBit I'm telling people steer clear! I may try a factory reset and sit right under where my router is agaim to see if I can salvage it? Might try to just gift it to my brother just for his cycling; but tell him don't try use other features! Anyway the Garmin I have at half price seems brilliant but will see if it lasts over a year! FitBit as a first time Smart Watch/Tracking watch you really DISAPPOINTED!

I thought I'd researched it well!

When it worked it worked absolutely BRILLIANTLY! Though to only  last less than a YEAR! I hope people don't have such poor experiences with it! This is just information for people considering buying FitBit Ionic!!"

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ditched fitbit, which I had loved until it bricked. My Garmin 245 is a
dream!! LOVE it, as do my running friends. Fitbit is s**tbit in my eyes.
Such terrible customer service....
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband's wrist got a rash almost right away.  Switched wrists, rash on other side.  He just got a different band and the new one is fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

Thank you for the details mentioned. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. If you're experiencing difficulties with syncing your watch, please follow our complete troubleshooting instructions at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If the issue persists, please contact our Support team or create a new thread. As of now, this thread will be closed, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes