Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic update not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received my replacement ionic today for the one I had which died in 4 feet of water and no matter what I try I can’t get the **ahem** thing to update. Need some serious help as I’m losing my patience now, following everything to do with trouble shooting and still nothing. Someone please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I'm in the same boat , !!!!!!!!!! Been trying for your last 3hrs to update the firmware. Looks like a common fault reading all the forums 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So fed up with stuff like this. Shouldn’t be this hard

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I contacted the live support and they said that it's an ongoing issue with the firmware update. They are working on it.

Best Answer
Oh ok, I’ll try again tomorrow then. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks Angel-PR

having the same issue with a new Ionic. Been trying for 4-5 hours and getting nowhere

Best Answer

Me too! All evening I have wasted trying to set up my replacement Ionic this evening ! Seriously fed up!

Best Answer

Just a thought here Fitbit...

Wouldnt it be great if you had a ‘Service Status’ web page that customers could visit to see if you have any ongoing service related issues? Customers could ‘self help’ and it might even reduce the number of support calls you get saving you money. 

But hey, just a thought!

Best Answer

Are you saying that I’ve bought a brand new device and it won’t work. Are this Fitbit outfit serious. I’ve just spent 5 hours trying to get a new device working that cost 200quid. It’s getting returned in the morning as not for for purpose. Unbelievable. Won’t be touching this company again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Bought my first Fitbit today and cannot get the thing working!! Thought it was me, at least now i know its not!!

Best Answer
Seems a lot of us in same boat and little in way of support from Fitbit. I can’t find any info about issues anywhere

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, I’m on my replacement after 18 months my first one went wrong and they sent out a supposed new one, heart rate function not working so totally useless. I’ve been waiting for a reply from support for 5 days now and I’ve had a previous post deleted due to quoting consumer rights at them, they obviously don’t like that, they sent me an email saying they had deleted the post but not how I could get my watch working or if they were going to give me a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just seen update and sync are now fixed, great I’m at work TIL 8pm

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you see that it is fixed?

i was trying until late last night and nothing was working 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info.  I'll try again this evening after work. Gave up last night 😠RegardsJasen Cronje 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Typed in Fitbit support on google

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No problem just hope they have

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Garylunn1972, @jj788, @Angel-PR, @MickyBlue, @Cherylm1970uk, @Oggyowens, @LittleHollyG, @Garylunn1972, @KG50, @Garylunn1972, @Rob_dxb, @jj788! I apologize for the delayed response and will be happy to assist you with your Firmware update inquiry. 

Recently, we expected inconveniences with the latest update. Our team worked on it and was able to resolve this situation. I appreciate your comments and the time you took to resolve this.

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your point of view when situations like this happen @MickyBlue. I think that is a very good idea. 

If you still haven't been able to update your device you can check help article Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday, my Ionic went in to a loop and counted over 35000 steps while I was setting in a meeting. Last night in my sleep over 45,000 steps. HR not working. Now the battery is completely dead. I worked on this over 3 hours yesterday. I this the same issue reported earlier?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No m8, mine was whilst swimming. To be honest since the new updates replacement has worked properly

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes