Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I plugged it in and charged it, when I came back it was turned on. I couldn't get the thing to connect to the app so I followed the advice to restart but it never turned back on. I've held the proper buttons for 10 seconds, tried plugging it back in and nothing. Any advice?

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

Mine is on but not recording steps, heart rate, or floors climbed!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I"m having similar issues to Gillri. I've had the flashing 0% and even with the charger plugged in for the past 4 hours the battery appears to be completely dead. I've tried holding all three buttons for 10, 20 and 30 seconds, the top right and left, the bottom right and left, just the left and just the top or bottom right.  

I'll try a 4th charger overnight - hopefully that helps otherwise I'll have to return this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The 0% battery thing was one of many issues I had. I have another one on the way now Fitbit replaced it. I think you should do the same and get a new one. Hopefully it's a software issue that can be sorted via updates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, this issue has hit me as well now.

Nothing suggested in this topic seems to fix it for me, so ill return it.

Such expensive hardware, such bad software and stability.

Really sad tbh.

Best Answer

Same problem here!

Best Answer

Hello, not a good sign. Mine came back after recharging, but a few weeks later display stopped working and eventually I had to get replacement (working fine, but early days...)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will say that it seems to be rock solid after the last two firmware
updates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How ridiculous at $300 I have a piece of junk on my hands that just stopped working, I went through all the suggested reset interventions! No response  fron this piece of rubbish!

I should have gone with the Apple Watch. With all the hype and money Fitbit spent advertising, the focus should have been to create a quality user experience.  Now I have to spend my valuable time navigating this crap!

Fitbit is obviously not ready for prime time, at $300  for this “product”, I use term loosely, excuses are not acceptable. This is infuriating! It’s a simple watch! No fantastic radical change, just meager incremental gains over the blaze! 

Why would anyone want to use such a mediocre product in the process healthcare delivery ? The Apple Watch has never experienced these kinds of failures! 

Dr L. Rogers, M.D.

Best Answer

Mines just done the same. Firmware upgrade last night and its dead this morning. Nada. Not responsive to a hard reset. Gutted.

Best Answer
The saga worsens! I returned the “bricket” to Best Buy, the response was “Fitbit sold you a defective product, wish we could help. If you buy a a 2 year protection policy we can take it back”!

So blackmailed out of 60 bucks to stay on track with my exercise routine!

Lesco L. Rogers, M.D.
Best Answer

That sucks. I won mine in a spot prize at an event, so cant return....not out of pocket either, but the sad thing is I gave my perfectly good Surge away to a needy person. The Ionic has been plagued with issues since I've had it .... stops tracking mid run/walk/hike, notifications crash it....screen wont turn on. Ive done countless factory resets. Won't be doing any more. Going to go buy a Garmin or something more reliable.

>> Update: Fitbit are replacing for me - all is not lost. Fingers crossed the new one isn't as buggy. I really do like the Ionic, so looking forward to the new one arriving!

Good Luck with Best Buy 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged my New Ionic tried to replace Charge2

but keeps looping back to Start.

this doesn’t have Toggle like other models 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem here too

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Ionic has evolved to become a technical disappointment:

1. Software failures
2. Lackluster apps that miss the point. I’m interested in apps that bring additional insights to workout, sleep, HRV etc. I’m not interested in yelp or mediocre cognitive games.
3. Oxygen sensor we have yet to see in use
4. Don’t plan on leaving your wallet at home your bank is probably not on the list
5. Ecosystem likely to be limited due poor monetization strategy for app designers
6. Seems to be a poor value compared to the Apple Watch
7. There does not seem to be cohesive strategy in place for the Ionic
8. A potential Apple acquisition for the gaming community as this product moves to the end of its life cycle, with limited innovation in sight!

Lesco L. Rogers, M.D.
Best Answer

I had the exact same thing happen to me -- I let the battery run out, and when I finally came back to it (it had been a little while, I took a...break...from working out, oops), I plugged it in, nothing, hit the left button and the 0% came on, hit it again, same thing happened, but it wasn't starting to charge, hit it again, nothing. Tried the left/right button while it was plugged in, didn't work. Started to panic (but also remembered that every time I've had an issue with any of the multiple Fitbits I've had over the years, their customer service takes care of it QUICKLY, painlessly and easily). Then I unplugged it and did the same -- left button, lower right button for a good 10 seconds. Logo appeared and now it's charging and I'm praying it works fully after this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I just got my Ionic for Christmas.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  I had a reg Fitbit yrs ago, did polar and Garmin wearables but now I wanted an upgrade to the Ionic.  I think I have got it synced but all I see is the Fitbit logo on screen.  Can't see time or anything else.....  Have pressed the side buttons multiple times.  Is there anywhere to check what the buttons mean and which turns it on/off etc????  Please help me, I'll appreciate it tremendously......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, on the website you wil find most of the descriptions. Left and bottom right means re-start, all three pressed for 10 sec or so, factory re-start (you will need to set-up the watch again). I eventually got replacement and now everything works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing just happened to me and I only had mine less than or about a month! Any ideas on how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best suggestion ever.  I've been a fitbit fan since they started and an early adapter when a new one comes out -  loved ionic at first but died on me.  So, I tried re-setting a million times and until I saw this suggestion.  It finally resurrected from the dead.  Thanks @N8teGee!!!

@N8teGeewrote:

@Hassi wrote:

Hello, I seem to have the same problem. New Iconic worked fine for 12 hours, then sync issue and now the device is dead. Restart left and bottom button does not work. 

I saw someone mention plugging the Ionic into the charger and socket and then performing the left and bottom button sequence. They said this fixed their dead device. Worth trying if you haven't already done so. 

Best Answer

No problem @Bobbielicious, glad you got it working! 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes