Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Hmmm... this is strange. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour?

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

User-added image

If after the 2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charger your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
311 REPLIES 311

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Hmmm... this is strange. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour?

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

User-added image

If after the 2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charger your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same, to get it back on in the end I had to hold down all three buttons for a few seconds.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @CReg83! Thanks for jumping in here and let us know what worked for you. Smiley Very Happy 

As per the description of your post, it seems that you've done the restart:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I'm happy to know you're back on track. Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a great day! Man Wink

Best Answer

Thanks holding down the 3 buttons turned it back on.

Best Answer

Great news @Lilcat40! I'm glad to hear that the restart did the trick for you! Robot wink Is everything running good now? 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all mentioned above and the watch will still not turn on nor will it charge.  I have had this watch for less then 5 months and at the cost I find this insane

Best Answer

Welcome on board @RSchramm!  Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Fitbit Ionic, nice way to go!

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I've had this device for approximately one month and have had many issues.  Mostly with locking up.  I've done all the updates.

Best Answer

My ionic vibrated all day yesterday and showed the “you’re all caught up” notification. The entire battery drained in a day. I reset it multiple times during the day. Now it won’t turn on after 12 hours of charging 😞 the Fitbit has helped me tremendously but for the cost we paid for this less than a yr ago I would expect a working product. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Thanks in advance for our help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has just experienced the same problem.

After charging overnight, it won't turn on. Tried a two-button reset (left and bottom right) and three-button (all three) for up to a minute. No luck.

Checked the charger and contacts. Everything appears OK, but Ionic is still dark.

Richard

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.

My 2 month old Fitbit Ionic was working perfectly.

I was off the grid for a week, so the battery drained completely. I've tried charging for 1+ hours but I get no visual feedback on the screen that anything is happening. I've used two different USB ports which I know work. 

I've tried pressing holding two buttons (back and down) and all three buttons for up to 30 seconds, with no effect.

Can you please advise how to resolve?

Thanks,

Allan

Best Answer

My ionic just did the same thing. It’s happened before but was able to get it back on. This time nothing. I have tried everything and nothing. I guess I will contact customer support and see if hat they say.

Best Answer

Contacted FitBit support directly.  They will replace the watch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I contacted them yesterday and they are sending me a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same too. Initially, the touchscreen stopped working. After a few hard resets, it no longer turns on. I have even tried it with the charging cable attached. Nothing. Disappointing. I am big fan of Fitbit.

Best Answer
Reach out to customer support. They ended up sending me a replacement!
Best Answer
0 Votes

okay. after a few more tries. Suddenly it is ok and working well now. strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

ive had my fit bit ionic for just over a week. things were fine. then went to charge it yesterday- showed up as 0% charging.. went back in the morning- nothing. cleaned charge connections, ensured usb working, tried hard reset many times- got an occasional fit bit logo screen and locked on that.  now nothing.  have deleted the bluetooth connection and removed device from fitbit ap as well as suggested on one of these threads.  nothing.   have read all the threads on the community board and wasted alot of my time trying to get the **ahem** thing working. please advise ASAP.  frustrated and disappointed.  😕

Best Answer