Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won't turn on after I shut it down. I hold down the large button on the left and nothing.And it won't charge either. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't even had it for 24 hrs

Best Answer
311 REPLIES 311

My thoughts exactly. Can’t believe Fitbit wants to lose customers over this. I have 3 young high school athlete boys who wear Fitbits and are observing the way Fitbit treats its customers over this. 

Best Answer

I do not work for fitbitSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

Best Answer

Good to know. This whole situation is ridiculous. Defective device (Ionic) with 1-year warranty life expectancy. Recognition of deficits without adequate apologies, amends, or compensations. Muted ability to protest via Fitbit community. I am confident that Fitbit will ultimately feel the consequences of the lack of integrity not only of its device, but of its deviciveness. Shame on you.

Best Answer

Yep. I can't believe that Fitbit's leadership knows that this is the way they are treating customers. Fitbit will ultimately be disrupted because of their complete lack of respect for their customers.

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thanks for posting your comments here. Sorry for the delay. Please let's keep our conversation on topic, remember that it's important to keep a friendly environment following the Community Guidelines. Thanks in advance.

@MathanMor Thanks a million for sharing your feedback with us. I'm glad to see that you got a resolution from our customer support team. Hope you get back on track soon.

@denverstreetcar I really appreciate the time you took in order to add your comments about your Fitbit experience. I've checked with our support team and they will be getting in touch with your shortly. They will be glad to keep assisting you with any inquiry you might have about your warranty options.

@KevArch Thanks for sharing this information. I'm glad you got help from our team.

@Leosam Welcome to the Fitbit Forums! Thanks for the feedback. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@MonicaSue Your opinion is important for us. Thanks for keep sharing your thoughts. If you see a post in the community that violates the Community Guidelines, you can report it by clicking the Flag Post link in the lower-left of the message box. This will automatically notify our Community Moderators, who will take further action as needed.

@yabukijoe Thanks for keep sharing your feedback about your Fitbit Ionic. I've noticed that you don't have a case open for this. Please keep an eye on you email inbox since one of our representatives will reach you out via email shortly. Keep me posted on the resolution. Your voice is being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing your comments. Please review your email inbox, you will get more details about your request there. 

Let me know if you need more information or if you have  more questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YojanaFitbit thanks for your reply. What "help that I received" are you referring to? I simply said that your support staff were polite. Since they are unable to provide anything but the 25% / 40% discount they weren't very much help. My product died, like most people on this feed, a few months after the warranty expired. Since there is a great number of people that have taken the time to post in the Fitbit community, I'd be safe to say that you have a very defective product. If Fitbit wanted to be of help, they'd make an official statement apologizing and making discount offers more significant that what you are currently offering. Stand behind your product! 

Best Answer

Mine just died and it was fully charged yesterday....I have been wearing mine since Christmas of 2018. Nothing is working....very disappointed.

Best Answer

Mine died today too! I am not very happy with Fitbit and can't do much because I'm away on vacation.

Best Answer

Just to clarify...I did indeed get satisfaction from customer service to replace what was a $400.00 defective product that failed weeks after the one year warranty ran out.  

Best Answer

Scared as mine just crapped out and will not charge or turn on. Same issues as it's over warranty. 

Last issue I had was during warranty but they blamed on my phone. I rematched to work phone and it worked okay, had to remove apps and make adjustments.  I'd hate to think it's a defective product with a 13 month life span. 

I'll see if an overnight charge brings it back. I don't really want to buy another one... ($40/month)

Best Answer

Mine died 2 days ago in the middle of the day. It was working wonderfully since I got it for my birthday December 2018 so just 4 months ago. It will not turn on even after charging it for hours and hours. I have tried everything suggested here. No amount of button pushing or holding down button to reset it will bring it back to life. This is my 4th Fitbit so I'm very loyal to this company but this is frustrating. I just want my ionic to come back to life but after 2 days of nothing and now reading this entire thread I don't think it's coming back to life 😞

-Traci

Best Answer

@MathanMor 

How did you get customer service to replace your product after the warranty ran out?

Best Answer

Explained politely how unhappy I was with a $400 product that died weeks after a one year warranty and that I would go out of my way to give it as much bad press as I could. I then asked to speak to her supervisor (she did all she could and was very polite) and he made the offer. 

Best Answer

Bizarrely, the Ionic is completely dead until it runs out of battery - then I get a 0% on the display when I plug it in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner , you would not be the first person to report this over the last two days with their Ionic.  In fact, there's been a number of people who have reported this. 

In talking with FitBit support, they are offering 40% off a new ionic (most common reply) to people to replace their ionic.  Otherwise, they are also offering 25%.  I would encourage you to call FitBit and open up a support case.  

There's a number of people who are very displeased with this answer from FitBit, myself included.  But, if more people call in, then hopefully they will do something more about the issue. 

Best Answer

Return it, immediately  before the 45 day mark. If not, you will continue to have issues with it then you will make a warranty claim. Fitbit will send you a refurbished watch. 

"Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer." -Fitbit's warranty on refurbished products.

Also,

Fitbit.com 45 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Return Policy

If you are unsatisfied with your purchase from Fitbit.com for any reason, you have 45 days from the date of shipment to request a full refund.

Read the reviews. Get out while you can. I wish I did. 

Best Answer

Well, add me to the list of dead devices. I tried cleaning the contacts and all of the button restarts. Dang it.  These things never last.

Best Answer

Tried everything that I was told to still will not turn on 

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit, I would like to make a suggestion, I'm not sure if I'm the only one but the statement "rest assured" does nothing for me except make me see red! I assume moderators are just trying to help out here (mostly) while covering Fitbits criminally bad manufacturing or maybe it's good manufacturing when most of them make it to just past warranty expiration! When folk have laid out $400 for an item that only lasts from 3 to 18 months (ish) this "rest assured" does exactly the opposite of what you intend unless making folk more despondent and angry in an already bad situation is your intention! Just a thought!

Best Answer

My wife bought an Ionic in Oct 2017, and gave it to me for Christmas 2017. Last night, my Ionic stopped working. Charged it overnight. Did all the standard button-holding to reboot it. Nothing. Got onto Fitbit Live Chat. The agent walked me through all the usual troubleshooting steps. Still nothing. Was then offered the discount code everyone else is being offered. I was considering accepting the discount until I read here about all the folks who have had their replacements die. There appears to be a lot of Ionics that have stopped working, which seems indicative of an inherent problem with this model. Although I love the tracking on my Ionic, if I have to pay for a replacement after only a year and a half, even at a discount, I think it's time to look elsewhere. Why would I pay additional money for a unit that seems more likely than not to die prematurely?

Best Answer