Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wont swipe

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic is stuck in the clock face and won't swipe. I tried a re start and didn't work. Any ideas ?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

not sure, you may have to do a full factory reset

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

not sure, you may have to do a full factory reset

Best Answer

I called customer service I have to send a video of it not swiping and then they will send further instruction what to do next 😞

Best Answer

@VickyEMills Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the experience you are having with Ionic. Also, thanks for trying the restart and contacting customer support about this. 

I'm sure that customer support is gathering useful information to get you back on track. Please send them the video as soon as you can for the process to be faster.

@soccersnaps Thanks for your help on this thread!

Let me know how it goes and what solution customer support provides after sending the video.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Did factory reset and now all working great ! 🙂
Best Answer

@VickyEMills Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that your Ionic is working properly now after doing the factory reset.

I'm sure this will be helpful for other users who might be experiencing the same. Thanks for marking the post that helped you out as an accepted solution. That way, it will be easier for users to find the solution to this situation.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My Ionic has issues, first, it wouldn't vibrate on notifications. I finally got that to working after turning it off and on several times, turning off Bluetooth several times as well. Now it won't let me swipe in any direction. I have the heart clock face, but that shouldn't be a problem. It seems when I get one thing working something else is not. So, how do I get everything working again?

Best Answer

@Slsteph10 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's display. Thanks for trying those steps to fix notifications vibrations, I;m glad they are working now.

In this case, I'd recommend performing a restart on Ionic. This should help you out with the swiping of the display.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

How were you able to do a factory reset if you couldn't swipe? I'm having a similar situation, can't swipe, sometimes the buttons don't work. I contacted CS, but they only sent me an email saying that I needed to clean the charging ports (which didn't change anything). 

Best Answer
I held the power on/off button and the bottom right button at the same time
until the Fitbit emblem showed. I also turned my Bluetooth off and then
back on. What I also found is that the Bluetooth on my iPad was interfering
with my phone Bluetooth and ionic app. I had to turn off the Bluetooth on
the iPad or not be near it when rebooting my Ionic.
Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, not really. I don't have any other Bluetooth devices connected to the Ionic besides my phone. When I attempt to do the soft reset (holding the buttons), I hold until the Fitbit icon shows. But, then the icon is staying on the screen for about three minutes or longer. I'm contacting CS again today to see what else can be done. Thanks  for the help!!

Best Answer
Ok. Please share their comments/solution.
Best Answer

@Fionnah Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with Ionic screen not swiping. Thanks for trying the steps provided and for contacting customer support.

Did you got any replies/solutions from them already?

@Slsteph10 Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps to sort this out. Also, thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this. Hopefully, other users will find this helpful too.

Best Answer

I called Fitbit CS again and was told to send my device in as it is the watch itself that isn't working properly. It took 5 attempts to fix it prior to, but I'm very thankful and grateful that they are sending me a replacement watch. 

Best Answer

@Fionnah Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details. I'm very glad to read that customer support is sending you a new unit. Hopefully, your experience will be helpful for other users too.

Once you receive the replacement watch; please follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data. 

Best Answer

Is it normal to have to do a factory reset after owning a Fitbit Ionic for two weeks? Is this something I will just have to get used to? If that’s the case, should I return it to the store? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic won’t swipe so I used the chat facility on customer service and spoke to Philip who suggested a factory reset. When I did this the watch would not restart; just shows the diamond symbol and tells me to upload the app in several languages. No clock face shows and the watch is unresponsive. No apology was given, just 25% off a new watch, not even an attempt to rectify the issue. I AM NOT HAPPY and will recommend that my friends now avoid Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattand71 A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you contacted our Support team. Your feedback is truly appreciated, this helps us to continue improving our customer service. 

If your watch is still showing the fitbit.com/setup message, please follow the set up procedure and continue monitoring its behavior. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, not only did I have trouble with it not swiping in any direction, I
was on a trip to the Holy Land last year and was excited to have my Ionic
Fitbit to count the steps. As we were boarding our plane at Tel Aviv
airport, I felt something dangling on my wrist. Looked down and the face of
the Fitbit was handing on my by a sensor strip. I was livid, not only
because of the problem I was having before, now this happened.
Unfortunately, my warranty was out. I brought it back home and a few days
later, I trashed it and the extra bands. FINISHED with Fitbit. I have an
iTouch watch now. Just as good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

have you switched it off ?

Best Answer
0 Votes