Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FB to Strava link down?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello FB,

Is your backend link to Strava down? My new run details from yesterday, which are uploaded to FB, are not showing up on my dashboard on Strava website.

Thanks

GT

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Just updated the strava app and tonight’s run finally linked Fitbit to strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Just wanted to thank you for reporting that your exercises are not updating to Strava. 

I checked with our team and we are not currently aware of an outage that may be affecting users. 

As @Rich_Laue recommended, you may need to revoke access and relink your profile. I recommend giving that a try and seeing if your next exercise uploads as usual. 

If you continue to experience issues, please let me know. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
I revoked acess and gave access again.

And it still wont sync....

Enviado desde Outlook
Best Answer

I have done the same.

Having quite a lot of issues with Strava and Fitbit these days. But this issue whereby the data flow has just stopped is very frustrating.

I'll give it until tomorrow....... 

Best Answer

Mine isn’t working either - I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting and still nothing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

This can only be answered by asking Strava.

@Rich_Laue

Please stop spreading wrong information.

1. Using the first link, it states using https://strava.fitbit.com/ to setup syncing.

2. That takes you to a Fitbit server, and if you know anything about oauth then it clearly reveals that you are authorizing Fitbit to upload to Strava.

Here is a screenshot, where again the information is repeated: 

authorize Fitbit to upload activities to Stravaauthorize Fitbit to upload activities to Strava

Look at bottom:

Fitbit will be able to: Upload activities for you and edit your profile

What is not clear to you?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

This is the response from Strava on the ticket I raised with them:

Erika

Erika (Help Center)

Aug 8, 10:53 AM PDT

Thanks for writing in. We are experiencing issues processing activities that we are aware of and our engineering team is working on resolving the problems. Unfortunately, this may occur for the next few days until we are able to resolve the cause. You can check on the status of the issue here.

We appreciate your patience while our team works on a quick resolution. This can cause activities to not upload, or upload but not allow you to open them right away. Beyond syncing, this can also cause delays when making any edits, cropping, or deleting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I went through all the pain of revoking access, rebooting the fitbit, the iPhone and the laptop, and got Strava synced.  1 test walk and 2 runs later, back to square one.  Fitbit needs to look up the term 'self-evident computing' and then start from scratch or maybe move to a more robust platform like Android.  As soon as the UK three network can accommodate the Apple watch (or I move to France), I'm gone.  No more fitbit. 

Was really disappointed at how few apps there are as well, and those that exist seem to be flaky.  Having to use an old podcast played as music, to work through my Couch to 5k program.  Very disappointing, but again it wouldn't be an issue if this was an Android platform

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue between Strava and your Fitbit Ionic. Nice way to go!

To resolve the problem with Strava, please make sure you have connected your Strava account to Fitbit. For instructions to link them please visit this article.

Then, please follow these instructions:

• From the Fitbit app tap the Ionic icon > Apps > My Apps (Users must authorize Strava in two places: the Fitbit App Gallery and strava.fitbit.com.)
  • Tap the gear icon next to Strava > Authorize
  • Login to your Strava account > Authorize

Please keep in mind the maps of your activities won't be shown immediately once Strava is selected, but it is necessary selecting each activity in order to access them. On your Ionic you will be able to see the last 10 workouts. For information about what data will be transferred between your accounts please check out this post. The following activities won't be synchronized to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for the support, I did all of the above twice but I still can 't see my ride in the Fitbit app! I know that as soon as I open the fitbit app it will send recorded runs with the ionic to Strava but does strava send strava recorded rides back to the Ionic as well? 

The problem is still the same, my strava recorded ride will not show up on fitbit and the calories burned on that ride did not add to nu daily stats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following my suggestions @SunsetRunner. Also, thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. I've forward this to our team and we're investigating and looking for a way to resolve the issue.

I'll keep you updated when I have information. 

Thanks for your time and cooperation. Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@bbarrera I'm simply repeating what the moseratore have said in relation to Strava, the Strava website recommended less than a year ago 

Best Answer
what is this?

Enviado desde Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GTPune wrote:

This is the response from Strava on the ticket I raised with them:

Erika

Erika (Help Center)

Aug 8, 10:53 AM PDT

Thanks for writing in. We are experiencing issues processing activities that we are aware of and our engineering team is working on resolving the problems. Unfortunately, this may occur for the next few days until we are able to resolve the cause. You can check on the status of the issue here.

We appreciate your patience while our team works on a quick resolution. This can cause activities to not upload, or upload but not allow you to open them right away. Beyond syncing, this can also cause delays when making any edits, cropping, or deleting.

A workaround until this is resolved is to use the web pages on fitbit to export the tcx from the activities page and then manually upload the activity on the strava upload page.

Best Answer

Hi all. Just wanted to provide a quick update. 

As @GTPune mentioned, Strava is working to resolve an issue which may cause inconsistencies syncing runs for the next few days. Our engineering team is also monitoring the integration on our end and hope to have things back to normal soon. 

In the meantime, @MarreFitbit provided some solid troubleshooting steps, here. These will hopefully help while attempting to upload to Strava. 

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. Let me know if you have any questions!  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. Sounds like the team (both Fitbit and Strava) have acknowledged the issue.

Best Answer

Revoking the access worked though did loose one run.  Working now so happy 😀 thanks 

Best Answer

@ClareTr1 wrote:

Revoking the access worked though did loose one run.  Working now so happy 😀 thanks 

I don't think revoking and reconnecting Fitbit to Strava has anything to do with the issue. My activities up to 5th are synched, activity on 7th did not get synched and activity today got synched without me doing anything. I think Strava systems goofed on between 6th and 7th and although they are trying to recover it, they may have lost some data.

@MattFitbitAn activity can be uploaded to Strava manually using a .gpx or .tpx file but is there a way to download such files from fitbit???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GTPune

1. Go to www.fitbit.com via a browser(i.e. not an app).

2. Login

3. Then go to - www.fitbit.com/activities

4. Select the "View Details" option on the right of the exercise you wish to export

5. Click the on the 3 dots icon in the top rightScreenshot_20180810-201632__01.jpg

6. Choose export as TCX file.

As an aside. My activities started syncing as if by magic yesterday again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@GTPune

1. Go to www.fitbit.com via a browser(i.e. not an app).

2. Login

3. Then go to - www.fitbit.com/activities

4. Select the "View Details" option on the right of the exercise you wish to export

5. Click the on the 3 dots icon in the top rightScreenshot_20180810-201632__01.jpg

6. Choose export as TCX file.

As an aside. My activities started syncing as if by magic yesterday again!

Thanks I will try this. Yes my new activities are synching but one activity is lost in between.

Best Answer
0 Votes