Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FB to Strava link down?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello FB,

Is your backend link to Strava down? My new run details from yesterday, which are uploaded to FB, are not showing up on my dashboard on Strava website.

Thanks

GT

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

My Fitbit ionic has not updated Strava a run from last night why is this

Best Answer

I have no idea why this has happened, or if it will appear eventually. But I do know the route for transferring information from your Ionic to the Strava app on your Ionic is long and convoulted and that it takes longer than you'd expect.  The information has to go from the Ionic to the fitbit app to the fitbit server to the steava server and then on to the strava app

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Mine isn't updating fitbit to strava either 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic again not updating strava after this mornings run... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's look at the main Strava info post

This post as a link to Strava's help and contact page.

As for sync problems to other apps let's look at the end of this post.

If unlinking and setting up the connection doesn't work, please reach out to Strava.

Was your runs recorded with GPS and have synced to your Fitbit account?

@MatthiasK657 to make life easier I have mrged your posts 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This can only be answered by asking Strava.

Best Answer
Yes gps worked its on my Fitbit but not Strava

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes on gps... its on fitbit. Not in strava. 

I have raised with them as well.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not necessarily. The issue may be on Fitbit side pushing the data out to Strava cloud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I reported this issue about 12 hrs ago on this thread (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Is-FB-to-Strava-link-down/m-p/2882653/highlight/false#M66110)

Something is broken in data flow between Fitbit servers to Strava servers. I have open support tickets to both Fitbit support and Strava support but no response from either side yet.

Hello Moderators, can you please get someone to look at it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As mentioned, this will need the user to contact Fitbit, if the revoke process, relink did not fix it.

Third party apps are responsible for their linkup, not Fitbit.

Best Answer

That is correct @GTPune but it would still require a first step of contacting Strava if revoking access and relinking the accounts did not work. 

Best Answer

Same here, My last night run did not sync with strava! My GPS was on and it did record in my fit bit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have removed them reinstalled Strava

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ClareTr1 did it help,?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Removing the Strava app probably will not help. Have you revoked access to Strava and linked the accounts up again. 

You might need to revoke Fitbit through Strava. 

Best Answer

did this help for anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So today I intentionally started a mtb ride without my Ionic. I mapped the ride with Strava. 

According to Fitbit Strava will send the ride details to my Fitbit and it will appear as a manual upload. Also the calories, active minutes etc should be added to my daily Fitbit stats. 

Well, none of this happened. I can see the ride on my Ionic Strava app (on the watch) but not in the Fitbit app. The calories etc from the ride are not added to my daily stats. I have searched for over 2 hours for a solution but nothing I tried worked. I tried to revoke acces from the Strava app and reinstall it, I deleted my Ionic from my Strava app and re-added it, nothing works!

The other way around works fine, any run or ride I do with the Ionic is added to my Strava pretty quickly.

This frustrates the hell out of me because according to Fitbit the Strava data import happens automatically!

I hope this can be fixed because this is yet another dissapointment for me concerning the Ionic and I am about to sell it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes