Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading music on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get music on to my Fitbit Ionic? I used Spotify mainly. Do I have options to download a playlist with Spotify or am I out of luck? What other options would I have for music downloading?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

My post in the other music thread my help: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Transferring-Personal-Music-to-Ionic/m-p/2261286#M10525 . Basically after many failed attempts to get music on the phone I started pinging it non-stop from my PC and then I was able to get it to work (I think the wifi is not at all stable & needs some help to stay connected).

Best Answer

Guys it works now if u in US u can use Pandora or personal music or deeper but u have to do it on PC. If u in EU u can either use personal music or deezer! 

Hope this helped! 

😀😀😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

some musics are reconized.

some not.

I can't understand it.

Fitbit must fix that!ionic3.JPG

ionic 1.JPG

ionic 2.JPG

All files are there! 

Best Answer

Can't transfer music to the watch at all under Linux. Software is not officially supported in Linux, does not run with WINE and can't transfer songs with the phone app...

Common FitBit, please either let us transfer with the phone or compile your software in Linux.

Best Answer

@marion86 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but what do I do if my desktop PC (Win 10) has neither Wi-Fi nor Bluetooth, just internet via network cable?

Same problem here. I have no idea how to transfer music from my PC to Ionic because it has no Wifi nor Bluetooth. And can't use Pandora because I'm from Europe. Fitbit should make this music download options much easier. 

Fitbit Ionic, Lumia 950, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer
You can get a Bluetooth dongle for your computer. These are small usb plugs (like the plugs a wireless mouse uses). You can find them for a low cost (maybe ~ US $10).
This is what I use for my Windows 7 computer.

Sent from my iPhone

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

Thank you so much!  The link you posted was a great help!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any hope to see to feature added to the Android app soon? I directly avoid asking if a Linux version is planned...

Best Answer

Crikey, I do hope so. I haven't owned a windows capable pc for about 6 years 

Best Answer

I've been trying on and off since I got my ionic about a month ago. It takes soooooooooo long that I always have to give up and leave before it even starts. It's much less hassle just to take my phone with me.This is a hugely disappointing feature due to how poorly it is implemented.

Best Answer

I know, it's just not worth the agro is it, why oh why did they not build an ap that we could just download, simple 🙄

Best Answer
Yeah I wish I had stuck with Apple and got the iwatch . . Oh well only 51 weeks till Christmas!!

Thanks

Anna Close
Best Answer

How do I get music onto my ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes
With great difficulty. We spent an entire day following the instructions.
It finally worked, but we have no idea why. Very disappointing given the
cost of the Ionic.
Best Answer

I got mine to work BUT it only downloads some songs and comes up with errors on the majority of them meaning some albums have only half the songs downloaded... fine until it's for a routine... chose this watch because I love fitbit tracking for activities and this was the icing on the cake... but it's really awful to put music on and I'm still struggling. Wish I'd gone for a Garmin or sony or Samsung watch instead tbh

Best Answer

You are lucky because you can use TuneFab Spotify Music Converter to download and convert songs and you don't have to pay for Premium for skipping ads.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The windows 10 Store App version doesn't find any playlists

But I downloaded the Fitbit Connect.exe instead and chose "Later" when it asked me to uninstall  (cuz it detected the win 10 version.) Ignore this and download the .exe. version!

Fitbit Connect for PC: http://cache.fitbit.com/FitbitConnect/FitbitConnect-v2.0.2.6954-2017-09-28.exe  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Galjinocka wrote:

@marion86 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but what do I do if my desktop PC (Win 10) has neither Wi-Fi nor Bluetooth, just internet via network cable?

Same problem here. I have no idea how to transfer music from my PC to Ionic because it has no Wifi nor Bluetooth. And can't use Pandora because I'm from Europe. Fitbit should make this music download options much easier. 

I had the same problem, but I bought a £6.99 TPlink USB wireless adapter for my Windows 10 PC, worked fine, hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit

Why are the ways of loading music limited to laptops? My wife bought me the Iconic for Christmas with the idea that I would be able to load music from my phone or tablet app which I cannot do. Can this be improved as I currently cannot use one of the main functions of the device?

Best Answer

I just purchased ionic love it but my Samsung S 8 plus is not compatible with music app. Do you see that changing in the future? 

Best Answer