Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading music on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get music on to my Fitbit Ionic? I used Spotify mainly. Do I have options to download a playlist with Spotify or am I out of luck? What other options would I have for music downloading?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109
I agree. Only silence from Fitbit though. It is just easier to use my
phone or iPod touch which defeats the whole purpose of upgrading to the
Ionic.
Best Answer

I got a playlist to show up using Windows Media Player. Now to see how long it takes to transfer 200 songs. What a PITA. 

Best Answer

have you managed to find out why? im also having the same issue - 'wasted' an entire saturday trying to get music on my watch, finallly connect to wifi and go through all the normal issues and then cannot find the files!?!?!?!?!?!

I have also tried to drag and drop from the fitbit app like it says you can and still no luck.

Best Answer
I ended up having to use Windows Media Player. Once I did that if found everything fine.

Sent from My iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
The major problem is that Fitbit has not road tested this for all music
providers and all countries. Apple is very good at ensuring ease of use
regardless of where you are (I do not have apple iPhone or watch). I think
Fitbit is still very America first (and last). Not sure I would fork out
again, or if I did would not do so until problems resolved with new
releases.
Best Answer

After several days of trying to decipher the instructions I have come to the conclusion that the idea of hearing music via the ionic watch is a pipe-dream that is a long way from fulfillment. Anyone have a use for a set of bluetooth earphones?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have given mine to someone else. There has just been a software update.
Might be worth trying again. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not at all a pipe-dream. It is a bit of a challenge getting the playlist (not the actual MP3 files) onto your watch, but once you do, you'll never bring your phone with you again.

I LOVE my IONIC! Can't understand why EVERYONE doesn't have one . . . Apple is a joke for twice the price.

R. Christopher Sharek, PE, BCEE, PMP, ENV SP
President, Sharek Solutions, Inc.
4080 Middlesex Place | Sarasota, FL 34241 | 941.915.6003
www.shareksolutions.com | chris@shareksolutions.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Ionic will not download Feeder or Pandora music anyone have any advice?  Fitbit support wasn' even much help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not having much success using playlists that I've already got to push to the Ionic because my music is held in Onedrive which seems to confuse things. Opening Windows Media player attempts to download everything locally so that's not really an option either.

However I'm having some success creating new playlists in the Fitbit app. Onedrive just automatically downloads the tracks locally when it wants to sync them.

One thing that's missing though is being able to do that from whichever computer I'm at because I can't see where these playlists are actually stored. I was hoping to be able to store them on the network or cloud somewhere.

does anyone know where new playlists are created?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have managed to load playlists to my watch, my problem now is how to remove them !

Make sure that you do in fact have the Fitbit Connect App and make sure that the play list(s) that you want are gathered and named in the windows media player.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can give a try to MusConv tool, transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music and more for free.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is how to solve the issue: take photos of ionic and place on eBay - sell watch - buy Apple iwatch series 3 . . . Ah bliss 🙂 I did this, got £170 for my ionic. Glad I’ve changed, fitbit are way behind Apple.

Thanks

Annie
Best Answer

I downloaded some music on my Fitbit ionic but one song didn't work so I put the song back on and it says it was updated but the blue light to the right on the bar that shows the song isn't lit and says new song. do I have to re download every song to get it on the playlist

Best Answer
0 Votes
As I understand it, a play list must be deleted from the watch and an
amended playlist uploaded to the watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much is there anything you can help me with about my watch constantly turning off

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you mean your watch (Time) stops or that your music stops?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Apologies, but I have not had that problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I should've got an apple watch too the ionic will be my last fitbit the music loading is terrible. It takes all night then if it can't load all the music up on a playlist it deletes itself and starts all the way over instead of continuing the loading. Terrible product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up. I still use the Ionic, but do not use the music feature. Very
poorly designed and no basic assistance. There does not appear to have
been any attempt to improve the user experience in the couple of upgrade
they have done over the last year. They have now launched a new device so
perhaps it was just too hard to correct.
Best Answer