Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading music on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get music on to my Fitbit Ionic? I used Spotify mainly. Do I have options to download a playlist with Spotify or am I out of luck? What other options would I have for music downloading?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Hello guys! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've bee having when transferring music to your Fitbit Ionic. Thanks for troubleshooting this already, nice way to go! 

First of all, I'd like to make sure that all of you've followed the steps in How do I listen music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch?. If so, but you can't still download playlists to your watch, let's move on to the troubleshooting steps. 

Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is working correctly and that your network type is compatible with your watch. To do so, review the steps in Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi? 

After you verify the network is compatible, plug your watch into the charger and make sure it’s in range of your Wi-Fi network. For a stronger Wi-Fi connection, move your watch closer to your router. As you may know, Wi-Fi won’t work on your watch when the battery level is below approximately 25%.

To download personal music and podcasts, your watch and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps below to verify your devices are connected to the same network and then try again to download your playlists:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your watch tile.
  2. Tap or click Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. Make sure your watch and computer are connected to the same network. To see which network your computer is on, click the Wi-Fi symbol on your screen. 
  4. If your watch and computer are connected to different networks, manually connect your watch to the same network as your computer. Return to the Wi-Fi settings screen in the Fitbit app, tap the network name, and tap Connect.
  5. Open the Music app on your watch and then tap Transfer Music to try again. Note that it may take up to a minute for your playlists to appear on your computer's screen. 

If you still have trouble downloading your playlists, complete the steps below:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Sync your Fitbit watch with your dashboard:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Sync Now and wait a few moments for your watch to sync.
  3. Restart your watch by holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  4. Open the Music app on your watch and then tap Transfer Music
  5. Remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and try again to download your playlists.

Your watch only stays in transfer mode for a few minutes. If you took a few extra minutes to choose your playlists, restart the download if you don’t see “Use your computer to start transferring music” on your watch's screen. To do so, tap Transfer Music on your watch again and wait a few moments for the download to start. 

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I got very bad experienced to transfer music to ionic. I try to follow you guide many time and already check all step are correct. Please improve this to easier or please add spotify app for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this really true?  If so; the Ionic is useless.  I guess I'll get a Garmin or something.  I was almost sold, but that makes me want to advocate against Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this was utterly ridiculous what you have to go through to get an iTunes playlist on the ionic. I could never get it to work via the app as well. All of my iTunes files are located in the same folder.

Anyway, this is what I had to do in shorter summary:

1) Export  the desired playlist from iTunes as an m3u file

2) Import the playlist file directly in Windows Media Player (doesn't matter location of it)

3) Use the "Fitbit Connect" app (not the standard app) as suggested above and it found the playlist

4) Activate music transfer mode on the ionic itself

5) Click "Manage My Music" 

6) From there I could locate the folder and it found the playlist right away

This is absurd that you have to go through so many uncessary steps and 3 different apps just to get an itunes playlist onto the Fitbit, and you also need to be an "IT person" to figure all of this out!

(It took 56 minutes to download 111 songs BTW)

Fitbit support, you really need to fix this buggy music transfer process. We should be able to do this with ONE app Smiley Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Gave up long ago. Really bad process that in this country, would amount to
false and misleading advertising. Very disappointing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I sold my Fitbit ionic in April and bought an iwatch 3 series and have been so happy ever since. No issues syncs ever so sweetly 😎
Now the series 4 is out the 3 series has reduced to £279, 99 pence cheaper than the ionic

Best thing I ever did!!

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

MUSCONV is the best tool which i personally used to transfer my music files to amazon music. It has lot of features and able to transfer tidal to spotify, amazon music to tidal, google play music to spotify and more. Visit www.musconv.com for more details. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

We appreciate your feedback about the current process to load music on the Fitbit Ionic. I found a request to Allow Music transfer from phone on the Feature Suggestions board. You can either join the discussion or create a new one in order to change the way how music is currently transferred to Fitbit devices. Our team is constantly working to improve the Fitbit experience and appreciate all the feedback.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wholeheartedly agree!!! In the year, soon to be, 2019, you'don't think transferring music from 1 device to another would cosist of 1 or 2 clicks. The Fitbit Iconic isn't there yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes