Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Canadian banks in Fitbit Pay-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok, it's been well over a year now that the Ionic was release....  In Canada only two banks option for wallet.... is this product (smartwatch) a failure or is there still people at fitbit working for this feature.  Seems that fitbit doesn't care about its Canadian customers.   The message here is, thanks for you're money but we won't put the effort in for you guys.  This was advertise with basic features like wallet, hanse try to respect you're engagements.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

When we see Capital one added to fit bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

That link doesn't work. Canadian customers are wanting all of the Big banks to use fitbit pay/wallet. So, strike deals and move on.

Best Answer

We've been asking for the same thing for years.... you keep completely ignoring your customers and saying the same frustrating message... "check out the forms and post it there ".... the request to add Scotiabank has been up since 2017 and has received numerous upvotes . It has literally been over three years. Atleast have the courtesy to say you dont care about your canadian clients rather then then the same old copy pasted " comment in the forms and upvote " BS. 

Or just add Google pay and remove Fitbit pay.

Best Answer

My 3rd Fitbit quit working (really disappointing), and I switched to a Sumsung Galaxy Active smart watch. Not only does it seamlessly integrate with my Sumsung phone, it was an absolute pleasure to INSTANTLY get the smart watch working, unlike my 3 previous Fitbits, AND there are way more Canadian Financial institutions that are available for Sumsung Pay with the Samsung Smartwatch (RBC, American Express, CIBC, Scotiabank, ATB,...) than with Fitbit. Fitbit had a great concept, but there hardward quality was poor, and the competition offers way better integration and broader pay choices than Fitbit. Sorry Fitbit, but you've lost a customer.

Best Answer
Wow  thanks  I for not know they made an active smart watch..will  check it outSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was put up almost 2 years ago, and the list is still very limited. You state RBC is supported, but only the Mastercard is supported, which isn't helpful when you don't want a credit card with them. Capital One is a huge bank, and you guys don't support them either. The fact that barely anything has been done in two years, with not only this suggestion, but also my own, shows that Fitbit doesn't care about its Canadian consumers.

Best Answer

The “feature suggestion board” link you noted does not work.  It links to a page indicating Item Not Found.  I, too, feel disappointed and misled about Fitbit’s pay feature, or lack thereof. 

Best Answer

Yes FITBIT ARE YOU LISTENING??

or do you have such success you dont care!!

Best Answer

Two years later and next to nothing. I wouldn't have paid extra for fitbit pay on my device if I knew I'd just be screwed. UPDATE CANADIAN BANK LISTS. ITS BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE THIS POST! 100+ options for USA and we're stuck with less than 10 (useless) options for Canadians. Oh and 1 city's transit system. FIX THIS BS!

Best Answer

Hey Marre - this is a pain point for myself as well. I just bought a FitBit Sense after having a Versa for YEARS. I hate that I can't use it to pay - especially when going for beers after Soccer. 

Your link to the "feature suggestion board" does not work... but I'd love to see PC Mastercard and TD/CIBC/Scotiabank all added! 

A plead from us Canadians... please help us make this an available feature! We're important too! 

Best Answer

Been 3 years and i still don't see the big 5 banks im canada. Only rbc is there. 

Best Answer

I paid $40 extra for a FitBit Charge 3, special edition so I could get Fitbit Pay and it was truly heartbreaking to find out that barely any banks were supported in Canada. It took me a good 10 seconds to scroll through all the supported banks in the US. The way they advertise Fitbit Pay is truly misleading and disappointing. Apple is much better.

Best Answer

Hey, thanks for your reply.

Misleading and disappointing indeed.  After having my second Fitbit, my feeling is the Fitbit product just isn't good enough for our big Canadian banks to sign on.  My friends and colleagues with Apple and Samsung watches are very happy with theirs.  My Fitbit isn't much more than an expensive step counter.

Best Answer

Thats true. Like one of the Canadian banks is U.S Bank Canada! lmaooo is this a joke??

Best Answer

Now 3 years and counting

Just got a brand new Charge 4 and it doesn't work with any of my 5 credit cards (Desjardins, Amazon, TD, Scotia and PC)

I am baffled

That Marre lady is probably a bit, all her reply is the same copy pasted text with no useful information

Now she stopped posting probably because the bot is coded to focus on more recent threads hehe

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

this is really bad, they just ignore Canadians

Best Answer

Hello Fitbit, this last post from you was 2018, still no other bank choices for Canadians... how about Tangerine, Scotiabank... give us some choices or we don't have a choice to move to another system that will provide for Canadians.

Best Answer

Where are the Canadian banks? Tangerine, Scotiabank, National Bank... we need some services or we will be forced to go elsewhere. By the way,  feature suggestion board link doesn't work

Best Answer

Now Aug 2022 and still the same. What a shame MF.

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes