Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Storage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love that the Ionic will have music storage.  How do you get the music onto the Ionic?  Can you transfer songs from other, competing websites that you have already purchased, like from iTunes?  

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I cant seem to get a simple answer to this question - can I synch up music I have purchased on ITunes with the Ionic and not have phone with me ie play through the watch?

Best Answer

Great question...I am already paying for Amazon Music and would hate to pay for Pandora as well. I haven't seen a response yet Smiley Sad

Best Answer

You would have to hope iTunes or Amazon write an app for the watch.

I very much doubt iTunes will be available for Ionic, they want you to buy their iWatch.

And that's the problem with closed ecosystems, and the reason I still buy CD's and rip them to FLAC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have transferred some songs to my Ionic as well from my Windows media player, however, out of the 96 songs I transferred, only 5 are playing.  I am wondering why??  I had to call tech support to assist in the transfer of this music and thought all was good to go until I started playing and only 5 songs were able to play...what am I doing wrong?? I was hoping for an easy transition to transfer music....so far it has been a frustrated struggle.  What format should the songs be in? 

Thank you kindly for any help on this,  want to be walking and listening to my music via Bluetooth withno phone attached to my hip. 

Best Answer

@JezB wrote:

I cant seem to get a simple answer to this question - can I synch up music I have purchased on ITunes with the Ionic and not have phone with me ie play through the watch?

Yes, if you mean you bought the tracks from the iTunes store and they are on your PC.  Not in the cloud....not "rented" via Apple Music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can download the songs (that you have purchased) in an ITunes playlist to the Ionic, and play them without having your phone with you.  Syncing would imply that as you add or remove songs from the ITunes playlist that the songs stored on your Ionic change to match the modified playlist. Doing that would be way too 21st century for the engineers at Fitbit to handle.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

You would have to hope iTunes or Amazon write an app for the watch.

I would hope we see many more (and better) apps soon! Don't think any have been made available in the 2-3 weeks since launch.

The few apps that are available are buggy, not very good, or both. My Weather and Strava apps stopped working/syncing a week ago. Fitbit Pay doesn't seem to be supported in most territories. I can't use the archaic Music app at all. The watch has an Sp02 sensor that doesn't do anything yet. I'm afraid things don't look look promising... 😕

I think it is very much up to Fitbit to get the Spotifys and Amazons of the world on board and to improve the user experience asap.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I specifically purchased a Pandora premium account after purchasing my Ionic in order to take advantage of this feature. I’ve tried every suggestion I’ve read and am beginning to regret my Fitbit purchase. I’ve never been unhappy with any of my previous Fitbits...

Best Answer
I absolutely agree. My cousin got an iwatch and no issues with putting music on his iwatch. I am contemplating sending my Fitbit back for refund and get an iwatch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Amazes me why iPhone users don't get an iWatch rather than an Ionic. I would if I was an iPhone user.

The main reason I bought an Ionic is that I refuse to buy Apple products and get into their closed ecosystem.

Best Answer
I like the Fitbit as I had the Charge 2 and all my coworkers have fitbits so we alwAys do weekly challenges which is a great motivator. However if I don’t resolve this music issue. Back it goes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I (after much frustrated trying by myself, my partner and my cousin who is a computer techy) am sending my Ionic back to whence it came.  I will be purchasing the apple Iwatch.  I do love my fitbit Charge 2 and really wanted to love my Ionic, however, I did upgrade for the music part of it and it is not working or way to cumbersome for me to try to figure it out and don't want to be spending hours or days trying to get a few songs on here and there.  In the mail it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sending Ionic back, ordering Iwatch.

Best Answer
Ditto!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having major issues syncing my ionic to the windows app. This is really frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too - I tried everything, multiple times. I have a folder with less that a GB of MP3's and I spent the last 2 days trying everything and an hour on the phone with the Fit Bit people with no luck. I am an Android user - all aps are up to date, tried windows 7 and 10 (multiple fully up to date computers). everything charged, on the same strong wifi. I even re-installed everything (what a waste of time) and still - "files not found". When you add the folder in connect all you have to do is verify the path is correct. Moving the folder around in the music section of your hard drive makes no difference, a path is a path is a path. If it's correctly identified it's all the same. This is clearly a glitch in the software. I was excited about using mine too - and I even signed up for Pandora like many other people on this string but that didn't work either. Wasted a whole weekend trying to get this working. Back it goes. If they get this problem fixed I will consider buying it again but not until. 

Best Answer
What format to music or song on the Fitbit Ionic? I tried Mp3 and WMA files, but invisible in the Fitbit Connect at the moment add folder. Is there an easier way to track at synchronous Ionic fitbit, like using a cable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yadi_indo

First, you have to create a playlist with the songs you want to transfer. The Fitbit Connect should be able to find the playlist and transfer those songs.

The ionic supports:

• MP3 files
  • MP4 files with AAC audio
  • WMA files

(If the files have copyright protection, they most likely won't play).

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is sent back for refund. My iwatch 2 is now on the way. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok tq for your information

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes