Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitbit Ionic won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get it to sync my steps it was doing fine just the other day

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I feel your pain. My ionic synced fine yesterday. Will not today. I followed EVERY SINGLE STEP in this forum to correct the issue. Unistall-reinstall- bluetooth off Bluetooth on fully charged. Phone restarted. Nothing! This is worse than my Alta EVER was!! Help!

Best Answer

Mine just stopped working as well!! Saysbit cant find my device?!?!

Best Answer

I have been swimming 1800m a day and got this ionic for xmas.

been using it for a cpl weeks with no complaints but today it didn’t sync my workout or any information to my phone!!!

i did all the steps recommended (on/off - uninstall/install - on/off - blah blah blah). 

This sux plz help Fitbit?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing yesterday. I have tried everything from restarting Bluetooth to restarting my ionic and phone and forgetting the device in the Bluetooth settings. My ionic won’t recognise my wifi network now so I can’t even set it up again. Clearly this is a Fitbit issue not a individual ionic problem. I have nothing left to try so will have to wait for Fitbit to fix the problem. Not happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tell me about it
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit worked fine and now it won't sync.  Says it updated 2hrs ago, try to sync and it still says updated 2hrs ago

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I don't understand my hasn't synced in 24hrs
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue! After updating mine my fitbit froze tracking half way through my work out and there was nothing I could to to reset it. I let the battery die only to find when it was fully charged it wouldn't sync to my phone or computer even after following all the advice. 

It seems it can't find the WiFi either to connect.

Has anyone had a reply/explanation from Fitbit yet?

Best Answer

I’m assuming with the new year there’s no one looking into it yet. Hopefully we’ll get a response soon. I’m heading away for a week to do some water sports so I’m not taking my ionic with me. Fingers crossed it gets sorted while I’m away!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic won't sync with any device of mine, (phone or tablet.)  My tablet can't even locate the fitbit, while my phone only shows that it synced yesterday, after i did a complete factory reset.  

I checked to make sure all devices were updated.  I shutdown/restarted my Ionic. Turned off/removed the Ionic from the Bluetooth. And lastly, did the factory reset.  Obviously between 0200-0600, it decided to not connect, and does a time difference of 29 minutes.  

After months of functioning splendidly, now I'm frustrated with this issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic had last synced at 8:30 AM on Dec 31.  In the evening of Dec 31, I tried to sync again (on Android phone).  It synced up to 2:32 PM (i.e. it said that my last sync was 2:32 PM 12/31) but would not sync any activity after that.  I would see the circle spin for a few minutes, and then just get an exclamation point in a red circle.  I could not find any message about anything specific that went wrong.  The problem continues today.

Edit:  Mine synched at 5:15 AM on Jan 2.  I did nothing to make it happen, but now it won't sync again.  I think a lot of people got Fitbits for Christmas and the sync servers cannot handle the load.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wasted 2 days on this.  Throwing it in the box and bringing it back to Best Buy.  

Best Answer
I got it to sync. I had to go to fitbit.com and change my time zone,
synced it and all good
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was finally able to get the ionic to resync to my iPhone.  I removed the Ionic from the bluetooth list on the phone then opened the Fitbit App and let the App do all the work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is working now - I did what u did 3 times. The third was the charm

- Mark
Best Answer
Will try one more time thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same problem. For the first 10 days it synced beautifully and worked fine. It was syning fine on 3 Jan, but hasn't been able to sync since 4 Jan. When I go into settings on the phone, the Ionic keep disconnecting from bluetooth when syncing starts. I have deleted the Ionic from the phone and the laptop thinking that a reinstall of the Ionic could fix the problem. However neither the phone or laptop can find the Ionic when I go to install a new device. Has there been any word from Fitbit when this problem will be fixed? And if the Ionic won't sync and isn't discoverable, how will any fix be uploaded?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Hasn’t synced since 30 hours. Tried every trick on other replies. Yo-yo, Fitbit people, any reaction? Is this the y18 bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the app and reinstalled it today (which took forever with my iPhone running IOS 9) and mine now works again. I’m waiting for it to fail again as I can’t see that Fitbit have done anything about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes