Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with alarms

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

t is impossible to figure out the most straightforward things like string an alarm.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5
@R.white wrote:

The ionic May be the worst product ever. It is impossible to figure out the most straightforward things like string an alarm. The online documents are HORRIFIC. I am about 10 minutes from retuning this p.o.s.  garmin is WAY better. 

Hi @R.white,

Sorry to hear that. Not sure what you mean by "string an alarm"? Do you mean chain together a series of alarms?

You may find this thread informative about alarms.

Also, in terms of worst watch and interface, Timex gets my vote:

1291991811-93476200

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant setting an alarm. I misspelled setting and my iPhone changed it to string. 

The user interface for this watch is perhaps the worst UI I’ve ever experienced. It is not intuitive at all. Jumping back and forth from watch to phone to get things configured or setup is beyond annoying. And Fitbit made it impossible to find anything close to acceptable documentation. The design and development team should be embarrassed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I have yet to use the alarm in practice, I accepted your challenge of attempting this impossible task.  

Step 1.  Tap alarm icon

Step 2.  Tap new alarm

Step 3.  Set time and days desired

Alarm is set.   If what I have just described is considered impossible then I'm led to believe that your expectations are a tad excessive.   

Perhaps that timex may be a better choice.   

Pixel XL Oreo Ionic Airpods
Best Answer

@SimonRJ wrote:

While I have yet to use the alarm in practice, I accepted your challenge of attempting this impossible task.  

Step 1.  Tap alarm icon

Step 2.  Tap new alarm

Step 3.  Set time and days desired

Alarm is set.   If what I have just described is considered impossible then I'm led to believe that your expectations are a tad excessive.   

Perhaps that timex may be a better choice.   

I agree, I didn't think setting an alarm could be any simpler really 🤔

As for the whole user interface, I wouldn't say it differs much from a modern smartphone (ios/android). Icons on a screen, swipe left and right between screens and tap Icon to open desired app. Certainly doesn't take much thinking about. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Not to pile on, but I use the Alarms App regularly for medication reminders, morning wake-up alarm that only wakes me up (and not my wife), one-off alarms, etc. Very simple, intuitive interface in my opinion, and works perfectly every time since the last firmware update was deployed. The only enhancement that I could see being beneficial is the ability to name each alarm, but that is not prohibiting my ability to use alarms. I would be interested in more specific details regarding the issues you are having with the native Alarms App.

Fitbit Ultra (2012-2016, R.I.P.), Garmin ForeRunner 620 (2016-2017), Fitbit Ionic (2017-2021, RIP) || Samsung Galaxy S10 w/Android 10.0, Windows 10 PC
Best Answer
0 Votes