Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683
Have tried this many times, turner off the iPhone and deleted the app and deleted the Ionic and loaded it in again

Vennlig hilsen

Rune Vågnes
Salgsjef Bil, IF Car

Telefon: +47 7011 8014, Mobil: +47 9501 5999, rune.vagnes@if.no
If, Lysaker Torg 35, Postboks 240, NO-1326 Lysaker. Telefon: 02400 – www.if.no
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Behive

I appreciate your advice but I bought mine through amazon and tomorrow I'll be sending it back for a full refund.

There's just too many problems with this watch and for what I've read through the forum it doesn't seem like they will ever be fully solved.

Charge 2 / Ex-Ionic / HTC10 / Android 8 / Windows 10 / Spotify Premium user
Best Answer

Thank you so much for your feedback provided @PaulusV@Behive@Buzzsaw@ScottKilbo@rvaagne. Moderators are here to provide troubleshoot that can help you fix the issue you're experiencing. I totally understand that it can be a bit tedious that we send the same process but our intention is only to help you and provide steps that have worked for some others. 

After, all the troubleshoot has been exhausted, we always create a case on your behalf with Customer Service. They will continue handling your case and provide you with a solution always based on the Fitbit Warranty. Rest assure that each case is reviewed individually and the response that each one will receive might be different. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit wrote:

Thank you so much for your feedback provided @PaulusV@Behive@Buzzsaw@ScottKilbo@rvaagne. Moderators are here to provide troubleshoot that can help you fix the issue you're experiencing. I totally understand that it can be a bit tedious that we send the same process but our intention is only to help you and provide steps that have worked for some others. 

After, all the troubleshoot has been exhausted, we always create a case on your behalf with Customer Service. They will continue handling your case and provide you with a solution always based on the Fitbit Warranty. Rest assure that each case is reviewed individually and the response that each one will receive might be different. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

LOL.  You guys are hysterical.  I had a case created for me, but it didn't matter.  Nothing was done for my issues and I'm stuck putting up with yet another defective Fitbit device.  This is the last one, though.  When this thing dies (or gets annoying enough that I'm willing to take the loss), I'm done with Fitbit.  I've been a loyal user since 2010, but you're rewarded that loyalty with mistreatment.  Making users jump though a bunch of "fixes" that you know don't work is just poor customer service.  You guys used to be a great company, but you're quickly becoming a big joke in a rapidly growing industry.

Congratulations.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Here is update, I got new replacement at bestbuy and it work fine for about two weeks. But then when I need it to sync it does not. This is InThe morning for sleep information. But what I found that works with this unit is turn off the iconic and turn it back on. It works all the time but a pain 

One thing different about my situation is that I sync with my Sansung Galaxy Tab S3.  When i first got the Iconic, i had an older iPhone 6 and did not want to sync with. Recently I got a new Samsung Note 8 and been debating on sync with it.

So as a developer myself, I thought of something - maybe the Iconic has trouble with large amounts of data over Bluetooth 

Why can't the Ionic sync over Wi-Fi. 

If it needs to be action that press on phone., let it be that

Ok I am also at point I wan5l FitBit to recall the Iconic, I have had several fit bits in my life so far and one thing if the Samsung Gear S4 has good sleep detection, by a bye Iconi

Until then I have lived with turning osf the Iconic and turning it back on every day or so.

Best Answer

I’ve been a loyal customer using the full Fitbit ecosystem and had numerous devices (wearables and scales) for over 4yrs and have had nothing but continuous sync issues with my Ionic since purchasing it 6months ago.

The 34 pages of responses in this post clearly show I am not alone so I take solace in knowing it’s clearly not me, Fitbit have no idea what they are doing or simply don’t care.

It seems to also be a very similar story with the Versa.

I thought this must just be par for the course in the smart wearables world so I asked all my friends with Apple Watches to tell me about their ‘sync issues’ expecting they too surely have had problems. Not a single one of the 10 people I asked have ever had a single Sync issue with their Apple Watch. They have worked flawlessly from day 1.

It’s gutting that I can’t migrate my Fitbit data to Apple and I’m going to lose over 4yrs of data but frankly Fitbit you give me no choice. It’s now the middle of 2018 and you still haven’t fixed the Syns issues reported in 2017. 

Shame on you Fitbit, Shame!

Best Answer

My experience with Ionic after 4 week use. (Using it with Huawei P20 Pro) 

Positive: 

- Collects data with good quality

- Sync with Strava

- Good battery life

- Comfortable 

- Sync with Nokia scale

Negative: 

- Setup of the clock was slow (1 hour) 

- Sleep does not syncronize correctly. It take days before it shows up in the app (even though it is connected and can syncronice other data). 

- I get clock face error once a week. Have to connect and reinstall the clockface (!). Today it happened when i was about to start a run. Had to wait 5-10 minutes to install the clockface again and make it work. 

- Freezes now and then. 

After reading online forums it seems like syncronization is a major issue with Ionic with both android and iOS. I have the latest firmware and it disappoints me that the issues have not been solved after many months after it was released. All other gadgets i have connected to my mobile through bluetooth works perfectly. I was really hyped when buying Ionic and have tried everything to make it work properly. I hope Fitbit will take the issues more seriously and make a proper fix! 

(Sorry grammars, my second language) 

EST

Best Answer

I have to say that this could have been written by me. For whatever reason the watch has decided to quit syncing. I have completed all the *steps* several times and it still will not sync. I should say that when I got up this morning it just synced as easily as it did when I first bought it. Now the rest of the day? it has not been able to connect. I have a blaze that I brought out of mothballs and it still works like a champ. Something is terribly wrong with the Ionic...and it is just sad that no one will not only admit it, but fix it. I have had a fitbit since the first version where  you had to pull out the module to charge etc. I love the looks of this watch and its functionality when it actually does work. I will give it a bit...but I feel the same way. A new apple watch will be coming out most likely in September and I will give it a good look. Until then I will be back on the old beat up Blaze.

Best Answer
Yes this is absolutely utterly ridiculous when we pay all of this money for these watches that play a big role in our health today. Something has to be done by the company. Reimburse me my money or give me a new one that works. Like it should. I have to constantly sync my watch every time I need the info transferred to my phone. That shouldn’t be.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same here. How can I save my stats if i keep having this syncing issues. i'm already frustrated on having to restart both, doing all the basic stuff, but still I get disconnected and I don't get to sync back my watch with my phone. 

Best Answer

@Surfbaler Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic not syncing consistently. 

Your watch should store data for 7 days. So, once you sync, all previous data will show on your dashboard.

If you keep experiencing syncing issues, please try these syncing troubleshooting steps to sort it out. Try the steps in the order given for best results. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Well it looks like Fitbit has claimed another inocent unsuspecting customer. I bought my Ionic 2 days ago and am in the process of seeking a refund. I too am an iphone user who cannot get the Ionic to sync with my phone. I have followed all of the trouble shooting guides, wasting hours of time trying to  get this thing to work. I am done with it.Think i will buy an apple watch once my refund comes through.

Best Answer

@Hayker Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also reporting that your Ionic is not syncing properly with your iPhone. Also, thanks for trying some steps in order to sort this out.

What specific steps have you tried? I just want to make sure you followed the steps shown on this helpful article here. Try them in the order given for best results please. Check the requirements also.

If that doesn't do the trick please let me know and I'll help you get in touch with customer support for further assistance.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I struggled with sync problems until yesterday when I found that the problems disappeared when I switched off all other Bluetooth devices within 10 metres.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cwcltd I hope you're doing well! Thank you very much for sharing the experience and workaround you performed that helped you out to get back on track.

I'm sure this will be very helpful for a lot of users who might be experiencing the same situation. Thanks again for sharing the outcome and solution.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I'm over my Fitbit, won't buy this brand ever again.

My Ionic hasn't synced since 27th and I've tried it on my phone and tablet. Removed the device from Bluetooth settings on Win10, turned Bluetooth off and on again, no difference.

Then I removed it from my phone BT pairings, tried syncing and it worked. Can't get it working on my tablet though.

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your experience with Ionic. Thanks for also trying those steps to make it sync. I'm glad it finally synced.

Regarding the rest of the syncing difficulties you are experiencing with your tablet; please check the requirements and syncing troubleshooting steps on this helpful article. Try the steps in the order given for best results.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on the one I have. I went with an Apple Watch and it’s been working great. 
I used Fitbit for a long time and was disappointed when I couldn’t get help or a replacement. 

Edgar Sanchez 781-760-5591Sanchez1630.es@gmail.com
Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I did the same, I moved to Garmin, and can sync/track my activities, with absolute consistency.

My biggest problem was with the accuracy dramatically "falling off" after about a month, and the FB support's lack of willingness to do much (anything, really, other than point me to "reset" and "slight inaccuracy" articles, handy, NOT!).

Sync was bad, too, but ultimately not what drove me to leave, it was the "feel" I got from the support team, and the fact things seemed to be heading steadily downhill, with no resolve in sight.

The overall UI isn't as good with my new setup, but the reliability is worth it, IMHO.

I think I've had maybe 1-2 sync issues, in a couple of months now (with new unit), tops, and those resolved simply by restarting the sync.

IMO, FB does not have a viable smartwatch, with a GPS, at this point, except for VERY limited use (non-aerobic).  My Ionic sits in a drawer, for now, a complete waste.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PeteG-1 wrote:

Yeah, I did the same, I moved to Garmin, and can sync/track my activities, with absolute consistency.

My biggest problem was with the accuracy dramatically "falling off" after about a month, and the FB support's lack of willingness to do much (anything, really, other than point me to "reset" and "slight inaccuracy" articles, handy, NOT!).

Sync was bad, too, but ultimately not what drove me to leave, it was the "feel" I got from the support team, and the fact things seemed to be heading steadily downhill, with no resolve in sight.

The overall UI isn't as good with my new setup, but the reliability is worth it, IMHO.

I think I've had maybe 1-2 sync issues, in a couple of months now (with new unit), tops, and those resolved simply by restarting the sync.

IMO, FB does not have a viable smartwatch, with a GPS, at this point, except for VERY limited use (non-aerobic).  My Ionic sits in a drawer, for now, a complete waste.

Same for me... But I can understand that, for people that can get the ionic working correctly, that they are happy with it.

I was disapointed to have wasted money on the ionic, but I have no regret with the purchase of my Garmin.

But, Garmin products are expensive... and not something that everybody can afford.

However, if you can buy a ionic, you can afford a garmin...

Best Answer
0 Votes