Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Notifications On Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have seen another post reporting the same issue but no fix detailed. My ionic syncs fine with my iPhone 6s but it be not receiving any notifications, despite being set up to do so. Apparently this is 'fixed' but I cannot find details of this fix. Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

@Saraoxford Welcome to the Fitbit Community! You should be receiving your notifications. Make sure your phone is not on "Do not Disturb" mode.

Then, try the following troubleshooting steps for notifications:

• Force quit the Fitbit App and re open it to sync your Fitbit device. Notifications should work after syncing. If nothing, continue...
  • Turn off Bluetooth, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on. Notifications should work, if not continue...
  • Restart your Ionic.

If after doing that notifications are still not working, try refreshing them:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  2. Tap "Notifications".
  3. Turn off all notifications
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  6. Sync your Ionic. Notifications should work afterwards.

If still nothing, try setting the notifications once again:

1. Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device:
    1. On your phone, go to "Settings > Bluetooth" and find your Fitbit device in the list.
    2. Find an option to forget the device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

They should definitely work at this point! Please check this helpful article for more details about this.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Attempted all of these suggestions, but unfortunately still not getting notifications on Calls or Texts

Best Answer

I have the ssme problem with my new Ionic and my android (Pivel 2XL) phone.  The device syncs to the phone, all data gets pulled down but I've never seen any notification for either email or text.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated iOS and Fitbit app trued all recommendations and still can’t get notifications to all work. Phone calls show up but no texts. Tried rebooting devices and did all troubleshooting mentioned. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. Going on 7 weeks. I know it's been longer for some. But I held off on the update that started all this. Not happy

Samsung S10 running Android Q (10)
Best Answer

Same. I'm pretty reliant on this feature...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

Settings>notifications>

Turn off "suggest actions and replies" and

Turn off "show snooze option

Worked for my S10E

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was also having issues seeing text notifications on my Ionic (calls came through fine). I have an iPhone XS running iOS 13.3. 

After trying all the troubleshooting steps listed on Fitbit’s website, I had luck resolving this issue by disconnecting my Ionic from the Fitbit App, deleting the Fitbit app, then re-installing the Fitbit app and re-connecting my Ionic (to the Fitbit App). My watch vibrates when I receive texts and they show up on the screen like they used to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had luck getting your ionic to show texts? I’m months into this problem and starting to consider an apple watch bc of tired of having to pull my phone out every time I get a text. I’ve tried all the recommendations, even the last one about removing it and the app and adding both back. Nothing is working. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had no luck either and also thinking to move  to apple product.  Love my ionic but note that features are not working I’m having more of a hate relationship with it now.  Wish a as fix were available.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it didn't work.

I'm running Android 10 on a Galaxy S9+. My Ionic is on firmware version 27.70.714

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue and lack of response from Fitbit. Happened in 2018 as well. Time to get Apple Watch 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the December (awful) firmware update I've turned everything extra off on my Ionic. Anything that isn't really needed is off in order to conserve battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well as unbelievable as it is...the other day my husband sync’d his watch and app and started to get text notifications again..only when his phone is in sleep but thats better than not at all. 

of course, mine still doesn’t get texts and he said he did nothing new to make it work...so who knows what the deal is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it working!  It turned out that there are a lot of permissions that need to be granted to the Fitbit app to get notifications functioning.  From Apps & Notifications, you can go to the Fitbit app and view permissions.  There are likely a lot of things it is denied.  Using the three dots in the upper right corner of the phone and clicking all permissions will show you the details.  You may want to leave some disabled but for sure you need SMS permissions to see texts (for example).  I'm still in trial and error mode, but I just got my first text on my watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

PS this is with 2770.714 firmware and v3.14 of the Fitbit app on a Pixel 2xl with Android 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my ionic. It's syncing exercise etc but no text notifications and various setting greyed out ie brightness, sleep mode. Is it similar instructions for android phones? 

I think I've tried all the suggestions but not having any luck.

I'm not very technical so an easy guide would really be appreciated if anyone can help

Best Answer
0 Votes

The detailed instructions I provided ARE for an android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I allowed all.the permissions, restarted both my phone and Ionic and still nothing. 

Best Answer