Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to manually enter exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

You used to be able to manually enter in exercise in the Fitbit App but this doesn't seem to be available anymore, now is my Exercise widget working 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

A warm welcome to the Community @Laniesue. You're still able to manually enter exercise using your Fitbit app, you just need to follow these steps: 

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log Previous.
  4. Adjust the activity details and tap Log It.

I've sent the instructions to be performed using your Android app, since you mentioned you had a widget and this is currently only available for Android users. If you are still not able to log activities, provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing on your app. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same problem but I don't have any tiles when I open up the app, it's just a list.

I used to do it on the computer but that doesn't seem to work anymore

Can you help me also?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BunnyHop It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

It's pretty weird that you're not seeing any tiles on your app. You may want to check this article How do I use the Fitbit app? and confirm you're doing this procedure to manually log activities: 

1. Tap the Today tab 

2. On the Exercise tile 

tap the + icon > Log

3. Tap a recent activity, or search for an exercise type.
  4. Enter the activity details, and tap Add.

Regarding the issue you're experiencing on the online Dashboard, please attach a screenshot of any error message you might be receiving when logging activities. 

Let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason I cannot search for an excersise. Seems like it doesn’t link to the excercise database...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joeypoey A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Please double check that you have the latest app version installed, which is 3.25 for iOS and Android.

If you app is updated then please log out from your app, force quit it and log back in. If you're still experiencing this, please attach a screenshot to your next reply. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 
Unfortunately I’m still experiencing the same issue. It nust doesn’t find any kind of exercises...

57D405A7-E01E-44C9-B77D-CD512D65729A.png

Best Answer

@Joeypoey Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the screenshot attached. 

It's pretty weird the display you're seeing when trying to log an activity. I noticed that your app is Dutch but the activity you're searching is in English. In this case, you'll need to search the activity in the same language that your app is. 

As a side note, please confirm you're doing this procedure to manually log activities. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Work-out is a Dutch expression as well and of course I tried all kind of entries Dutch and English. Just NOTHING shows. There is simply no database connection. I use Fitbit for several years now and in the past I didn't have this problem. I experience this problem since I have my Fitbit Charge 3. I hope you can fix this asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got this problem as well. Also using the dutch version off the app. Anyone has a fix for this? 

Best Answer

Yes, please!!!! Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

I've got the same problem and cannot register exercise manually. I've followed the steps that you linked to, but no options for type of exercise turn up either in Swedish or English. I've seen more people on the forums with this problem but so far no solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have a Charge 4 on firmware 1.100.34. Fitbit Android app version 3.40.1

I had the same issue since 3 days after updating the Android app to the latest. Had an empty list when searching an activity for manual input. Solved it by turning  on "Automatic location" in the App settings. Before that "Select location" was set on Nederland (Engels).

So change your location to somewhere else in the App settings or turn Automatic location on. Hope it helps fellow users with same issue.

Best Answer

Hi There. I’ve done all that a few times. When I go back to the exercise a few hours later it says “not synced” 

Best Answer
0 Votes

2465justhef_0-1645368042625.png

Best Answer
0 Votes