Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text messages are not being delivered to my watch on a consistent basis.  I noticed it only works if I turn the bluetooth on and off, and then it stops working.  I really like this watch, but I feel like I should return this watch, and wait until Fitbit resolves its bugs.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Perhaps I just have a bad watch?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Same here, try deactivating messaging in Text Messages option of Fitbit app and select Messaging in App Notifications. Check if that works out for you.

Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, Fitbit Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer

Make sure your phone isn't set to "do not disturb". I've run into that a couple times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had t his same problem. All of the sudden my fitbit ionic does not give me message alerts.  It is not on do not disturb and it is on allowing notifications.

Best Answer

mine has never given me notifications 

Best Answer

Probably a known issue. I reset the bluetooth on my phone and it works again. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future. My phone was connected to another device that allowed notifications so maybe that is why mine had an issue with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated.  I was so excited when I got this device last week, but it will not retrieve my texts.  I have tried every solution given and it doesn't work.  It pulls in my phones calls, but not texts.  Why???  I am a tech-savvy person & it is driving me insane not being able to figure this out. 

Best Answer

Mine does this occasionally. Make sure you have allowed all permissions on your phone. Then check to see if there are any updates. After I installed the update and re started the watch everything is working perfectly now.

Best Answer

Have you gone to app permissions and made sure its allowed on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

TURN ON THE DEVICE'S NOTIFICATION SETTING

Blaze, Charge 2, Ionic, and Surge have a Notification setting on the device. To verify that it's on:
  • Blaze—Hold the top right button for 3 seconds.
  • Charge 2—On the clock screen, press and hold the button.
  • Ionic—On the clock screen, swipe right to bring up the shortcuts screen. Make sure you can receive notifications from your phone.
  • Surge—Swipe the touchscreen until you get to the Settings menu, then find Notifications.
Best Answer

Turning Bluetooth off and back on again on my phone seemed to fix my text notification issue too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get this resolved. I have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Yes I did. One your phone go to settings and turn off your Bluetooth for a minute. Turn it back on and let your Fitbit pair with the phone again. That is what fixed mine. Hope it works!!

Michael

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I set up my new Ionic last night and noticed I wasn't receiving the notifications either.  I had my husband text me and did not receive it on my Ionic. I've reset my Bluetooth, made sure my notifications are on, on the watch, also made sure the notifications are on, on my phone and permissions are set.  Not sure what else to do.

Best Answer
  • Ionic—On the clock screen, swipe right to bring up the shortcuts screen. Make sure you can receive notifications from your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea, I got that done in the beginning when I started setting this up. Did
that last night. Working on some other things. Hoping they work. Thank
you for the response. 🙂

--
*Grace aka Chela*
*Tattooed Yogi Rocker Muscle Girl*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Double check that your phone isn't in "Do Not Disturb" mode. That one always get's me and is usually the cause when I'm not receiving notifications on the Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Should it still do this if my Do Not Disturb is set for a specific time,
like while I'm sleeping at night?

--
*Grace aka Chela*
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have DND enabled then it won't send any messages, but if it's in a time range then once it's off then it should start sending them.  That's how mine works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, thank you for the info. I'm going to leave it off of DND and just keep
my phone on silent during the night for now.

--
*Grace aka Chela*
Best Answer
0 Votes