Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text messages are not being delivered to my watch on a consistent basis.  I noticed it only works if I turn the bluetooth on and off, and then it stops working.  I really like this watch, but I feel like I should return this watch, and wait until Fitbit resolves its bugs.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Perhaps I just have a bad watch?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Thx! For some reason swipe right on my iconic did not work but pressing and holding the button brought up the notifications setting. 

My issue was that msg and notifications were working fine but just stopped. This fixed it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for posting! Fixed my problem! 

Best Answer

I have not been able to get notifications on my Fitbit for months, I am looking at getting something else if I cannot fix.  I have tried all of the above, reset my blue tooth, notifications are on, on my ionic,on my phone and in my messaging.

Best Answer

From time to time I would not receive any notifications but usually resetting Bluetooth or the Ionic or my phone would get things working again.  A little over a week ago my Ionic stopped receiving text messages.  It still received email notifications and app notifications, but just not TEXT message notifications.  I tried every possible config on phone and in app and on Ionic, nothing worked.  Deleted app from my phone and reinstalled and still it doesn't work.   Called Fitbit support and their current stance is that I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10 phone which is NOT on their supported list (Why? I have no idea, it is the current Samsung flagship) so they can't help me.

That is a ridiculous answer since the text message notifications have been working for the last 6 months that I've had this phone.  I'm not buying a different phone (suggested by FitBit support).  Obviously, something has changed, either in the FitBit software or on my phone to cause this to no longer work.

Rather than just tell me to buy a new phone, Fitbit should set up a DIAGNOSTIC APP on my phone and see WHY it isn't sending text messages to my Ionic when it sends notifications for everything else such as phone calls, calendar events, app notices, emails, etc. etc.

My only answer might be to ditch FitBit once and for all and buy an Apple Watch but I really didn't want to do that, but if FitBit cannot provide the necessary level of support, what is a customer supposed to do?  Is there no one at FitBit that understands Customer Success???

Best Answer

My Ionic was good for about a week for notifications then it just stopped. I have tried everything, even upgraded my phone and started over but still it doesn't work. Really disappointed with what I can only describe as a very expensive pedometer!

In the UK they sell it with the contactless payment feature, what they don't tell you is that it's only compatible with American banks. Really poor. Currently shopping for a proper smart watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually regret keeping my Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's by far the most disappointing piece of technology I have ever wasted my money on and it wasn't cheap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually hate my Ionic and would urge people not to buy one. Mine has never worked properly but I put it down to sketchy software and gave it a chance. Regretted it massively. 

Best Answer

I haven't been able to get text messages for about 2 months.  I've tried everything I can think of.  I even did a factory reset today.  That didn't work either.  This sucks!  I used to get text messages.

Best Answer

Same here.  I can get phone calls notifications but no texts.  I was able to get text notifications about 2 to 3 months ago.  This is so frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes