Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Text messages are not being delivered to my watch on a consistent basis.  I noticed it only works if I turn the bluetooth on and off, and then it stops working.  I really like this watch, but I feel like I should return this watch, and wait until Fitbit resolves its bugs.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Perhaps I just have a bad watch?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49
Agreed, I've done all the steps I see out here and nothing is working.
Best Answer
Sorry maybe I posted incorrectly, I have an alta.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got mine to work after going into every freaking setting I could
possibly find! Wow, not sure if I'm liking the FitBit, I might have to
switch back to the Samsung GearFit 2 but the Pro instead. I used to have
just the GearFit2 and it was pretty cool but I wanted a watch I could swim
with and measure my swimming workouts, unbeknownst to me the newest Samsung
GearFit Pro does exactly what the FitBit Ionic does and I did not know this
at the time when I purchased the FitBit. Grrrrr!!! I'm a Samsung user
totally, so if this FitBit doesn't do what I need it to, I may return it.

--
*Grace aka Chela*
*Tattooed Yogi Rocker Muscle Girl*
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hear you, I am a Samsung user also and have thought the same thing.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I only got the ionic yesterday and am fed up with it. It doesn't notify messages or calls and wont down load my music. I had s cheaper sports watch that did all this and o my cost  £30 

Best Answer
Very irritating, makes me want to return it pronto stat!

--
*Grace aka Chela*
*Tattooed Yogi Rocker Muscle Girl*
Best Answer

Managed to get notifications from ready boo. Tap on watch icon in app and it comes up . Why carnt they say. But music still no change after4 hours trying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have gone into every setting possible, i have reset my bluetooth, restarted my phone and the watch and nothing will work. it has been over a week and i have not received any notifications. for how much we pay for these watches, they sure are glitchy and really not all that up to date (compared to the apple watch)

Best Answer
I know it's so annoying.. on your phone app there's a picture if the watch press this and it will open options for settings. This is how I did it hope that helps
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Never received them and I’ve tried all fix’s to no avail 😡

Best Answer

apparently you should allow messages to show notifications on the phone (at least on iphone), meaning banners and display on notification (lock) screen should be enabled also.

on mine i only had "show icon on badge" and it didn't transport over to the Ionic.

Best Answer

I've had my ionic for a few days and although I didn't get messages at first, it's all working perfectly now 🙂 I'm using a Pixel2

Just to be sure - do your message notifications show up on your phone? In the fitbit app, is the message app ticked for notifications? I have whatsapp set as my default messaging app, but messages is also ticked in the individual app notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not receiving text messages on my ionic

Best Answer

Yes and yes, but still nothing on ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with customer support. If you have an iPhone, you need to go to your phone settings, then notifications, then messages and turn on the “show history”. Worked for me instantly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Android

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

just got off the phone with customer support.  the new software has an undocumented feature... Push the left button and hold it down, it will open up at the wallet, swipe to the right and there is a "Notifications" option; after the upgrade mine defaulted to off.  Turned it on and everything is working.
Ionic & iPhone

Best Answer
Thanks

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work for mine 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah this worked for me on my Android, apparently you have to have set so the messages pop on your banner. 

*Go to Messages like you're going to text someone.

*Click the 3 dots and go to Settings.

*Click Notifications and make sure New messages are on as well as Preview new messages.

Hope this helps new users.

Best Answer
0 Votes