Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

Long press the left button.

Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, Fitbit Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer

You should be able to opt out of the **ahem** updates.  Been working on it it for 5 hours and my watch still isn't working.  This is unacceptable.  Loved the ionic until now. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply! The Today App disappeared after the update to OS2 and do not see it in the app store avail to download. I assumed they were just integrating the today features into the watch itself. Now the only way i can see my steps on my watch, is if I have a clock face that displays them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is "deezer?" Had not heard of this before this update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Djohish2000, the steps are still available in the Today screens - when you scroll up from the clock face to view the Today settings, it will display the Miles screen (you may have to Dismiss the info screen the first time). Scroll to the next screen to the right, and it will show steps and floors, scroll to the next screen to the right and it will show Calories and Active Minutes.

Best Answer

Got home and downloaded the update.  It took about 30 minutes. Doesn’t seem to be any issues yet.  Getting used to things.  It said to re calibrate but I accidentally hit no.  Is there a way to force a calibration or just wait and see if it will ask again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the update today, and it completed quickly with no problems - took a total of 11 minutes for the download & install, and then re-sync the Ionic.  After it completed the update, I restarted to Ionic to ensure it had a clean start. Have not seen any problems with the Ionic since the update, other than getting used to the new screens.

Best Answer

It is a music streaming service like Spotify.

Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, Fitbit Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

That just opens the Music/Screen Wake-Notifications options.From what i read, you are supposed to scroll up from the bottom now to see Today. No Luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, quite frustrating, hoping for a quick follow up update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went skiing today and while on the mountain noticed that I the update was ready for me to download and install.  When I got home, I hooked up the watch to charge, my phone (iOS) to charge, started the WiFi from the phone and the update was off and running, no problems.  It took about 45 minutes for the download and install.  The only thing I had to do was a soft reboot of the watch and everything is working just fine.

I have had my Ionic since mid December and this is the third firmware update the watch has been through.  I have NOT had any problems with any of the updates.  If you follow the instructions, things will probably go just the way they are supposed to.  NOT THAT HARD TO DO!!

Best Answer

You then need to swipe right twice and find the "Notifications" command.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well lucky you that everything went well. That hasn't been the case for most of the people posting to this thread. In most cases their Ionic will not connect to WiFi AT ALL regardless of whether they're trying to download updates or something else. So when you say "NOT THAT HARD TO DO" count yourself lucky that yours DOES connect to WiFi and that you've had no problems. Lucky you.

Best Answer

I have updated to the new firmware... on android, but still no quick reply feature for my messages. Is this coming with the later update in April?

Best Answer

Update completed for me, quickly and problem free.

What I always do is plug the Ionic into the charger, then go to the settings app, about and check its connected to WiFi before I start the update. Maybe those that are having issues are unknowingly doing the update over Bluetooth instead of WiFi. I did read that the Ionic connects to WiFi only when it's plugged into the charger, I don't know how true that is but it can't hurt to give it a try. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

AARGH!!!! I just installed the new update and the settings no longer show the "Active Minutes"!!!!  I want it back!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my ionic to Os 2.0 and I think it’s awful!!! Swiping certain ways does nothing anymore yet there’s things that are totally redundant (swiping down and holding top left button both access notifications now......why?!)

The “Today” must be accessed by swiping up and the data is all crammed together and no longer labeled blah blah blah......I see no improvemts what so ever with this Os. 

I’m curious if there’s a way to go backwards to the Os prior to this update? Please say there is. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

@Pameshelman, the Active Minutes are on the Today screen - from the Clock screen, scroll up one screen to the Today screen. When you see the Mileage display, scroll to the left (to display the screens to the right), and you will find Active Minutes on the last screen.

Best Answer

Unfortunately there isn't any way to roll back to the previous OS version. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

My only guess would have been to do a factory reset on the Ionic device and then set it up again.....but that wouldn’t work either? 

Best Answer
0 Votes