Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone syncs decreases calories counts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, 

I noticed my calores counts was reduced heavily. Watching the Ionic i realised that when its syncs with my phone the app sends the calories count to the ionic. To explain the flow, imagine the following flow:

9am - Calories count it at 940.

10am - Syncs with app and Calories counts goes to 800.

I've legit no idea how to fix this...

I noticed that from time to time it decreases when it syncs with the phone app... No need to mention that my calories counts a day its been 1.300, 1.100 average, even with the fact that I normally burn 1000k a day working out as per heart monitor tells.

Have any experienced issues like that ?

It seems to be an Android problem. My wife has the same as mine but she's on an Iphone facing no issues at all.

Please, fix this bug or let me know how to proceed.

Cheers 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

A warm welcome to the Community @vini1337. It's pretty weird that your calories burned are decreasing. Once your Ionic showed you the information it shouldn't change. I would like you to restart it and reply to the following questions:

- Are you manually logging any activity?

- Does it happen everyday?

- How many calories burned you have lately for a whole day? 

- Do you have a screenshot that you can share showing the before and after data? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found a solution for it.

Problem was that I had mine watch as 'all day syncing and keep live' over an Google Pixel and mine wife's watch (also ionic) syncing with the same setting as mine.

Turns out that we were having bluetooth incompatibility/interferences due my Android being as (Keep live connection syncs).

Wife's phone (Iphone X) and watch weren't affected what so ever. 

The fix was simply by disabling keep "Always Connected" feature from the app to avoid such interference against any other device/phone close by.

As reward for discovering this bug and debug myself... Fitbit should send me a new watch for free!

Cheers    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for all the time and effort that you put into this and thanks for explaining the situation you were facing @vini1337. I was wondering why is this happening to your account since both platforms connect in the same way and both are been designed to sync data without interrupting other Fitbit account. You can read more about How do Fitbit devices sync their data? by checking this article.

I'm very interested in clarifying the situation you're describing, you can provide me with screenshots about the data decreasing. Since, in case this is a bug we can help other users. 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive attached a video where you can see it for yourself.

Its all in there, please, let me know if its good enough.

Cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @vini1337! It looks like the video didn't attach. Just confirm you're doing this procedure to attach it to your next post. (This is about images but it's exactly the same steps with videos) 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes