Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life since OS2 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated on Monday, it was fully charged at 10PM EDT Monday night.  Charged it for about a half hour Tuesday as I plugged it in trying to get my watch face settings to sync (need to use a third party watch face as Fitbit seems be against displaying seconds or the day of the week).  I am now at 15% battery. 69 hours in.  Which means I wont get three days or even be able to sleep without worrying it will die before I wake up.  Last night ~8:30PM it was at 50%, which was disappointing but still alright.  Today around 12:30PM it was at 25% and I had already received the low battery email at 12:05PM.  

I am frankly not sure what is more disappointing the 25% drop in just about 15 hours (including mostly sleeping and about an hour it wasn't on my wrist while I was getting ready this morning) or the 10% drop in less than 6.5 hours.  I haven't exercised, or used any of the apps on the watch over the last several days, with the slight exception of just looking around to see where everything was on Monday and fighting with the watch face Tuesday while it was recharging.  

Even if I hadn't done a partial recharge on Tuesday this really isn't enough battery life.  I even had low steps yesterday because of a snow storm (that never actually happened and wasted a day). Today I was going to hit the gym but I don't think the battery would last long enough.  

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

This post wont help you with your battery life but its the method I use to establish a baseline before I again embark on the heavy activities to establish battery loss.  I hope it can give you some tips. I realize @SantiR has posted the Ionic should give you a typical 5 days and that would depend on some Apps in action.

I have used my Fitbit in a simple way so that I can use this as a baseline before some GPS and Workouts... The last 4 weeks I have achieved 6.5 to 7.9 days on a single battery charge. Each day the typical drainage is 0.47%/hour.  Winter here and I have had some winter health issues that has delayed me, so I'm using this time to test the Ionic battery life.  No flu...

My usage is in concurrent multi mode Ionic and a Fitbit One and I charge from a low of 19% to achieve 99-100% on the PC USB charger..  That's less than 2 hours

• Wear the Ionic 24/7 except showering and the Fitbit One 16/7
  • No All Day sync
  • Ionic is Always Connected and Keep-Alive widgets as On
  • Fitbit One only has Keep-Alive Widget.
  • All notifications are on and received on the Ionic including phone calls
  • 2 alarms set
  • I use the Weather App
  • Fitbit Pay is active every day.
  • I don't use music
  • I have the Fitbit Ace clock face
  • HR is set to Auto
  • Screen awake is manual
  • Sleep is recording correctly
  • I haven't removed any of the Apps that were set as default.
  • The Ionic has had all of the updates of OS and the last one was via the WiFi on the watch.
  • I have only stopped and restarted the Ionic when the Fitbit One has many more steps than the Ionic. Typically from shopping trolleys. This allows me to sync correctly.re

In summary, I restart the Ionic about twice a week, other times I ensure the Ionic and One are separated by distance when I need to sync the One.  Just another test to ensure multi mode works for me..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

This is sad, with every update I lose about half a day of battery life.  I started with just shy of 4 days.  Now after updating to 2.0, and 2.1, and 2.1.1 I am down to 2.5 days.  This is very consistent.  It will die.  I charge it over night.  Put it on in the late morning and it will die a couple nights later.

For example.  It died on Wednesday at 5:30.  I got home and charged it.  Didn't put it on until ~10:30am on Thursday.  I needed to plug it in Saturday night.  I have since put it on again this morning at around 10:45am.  I will need to plug it in again Tuesday night.  It is sad I long for the times of 3.5-4 days.  As the device charges so slowly I typically need to not track my sleep multiple nights a week, which is one reason I got the unit.  My old Garmin would give me 8 days, and took about an hour to charge (in addition to tracking 100x more than the Ionic).  

Best Answer
0 Votes