Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder/Release Date for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!  

So I am super excited by all things Ionic, but am running a race within the next 2 months. What is the release date that it will be able to be shipped out if preordered?

Best Answer
734 REPLIES 734

@racertempo wrote:

Yes.... This is exactly my point.  The person simply inquired about shipping status and they handed out free expedited shipping. Maybe I should call and be pissed and try to get upgraded from my paid second day air to next day? 

If it's something that is important to you, you should do it all the time then, if you think it's worth your time...that's how a lot of this works. They can't maximize profits if they offer something for less to everyone as a matter of course, but part of the economics is who is willing to pay for what.  If it appeases an upset customer, toss them something.  If someone is a pain trying to negotiate and it's worth it to give them what they want and move on...well alright.

This isn't a Fitbit thing...the example you gave earlier about a cable bill?  I GUARANTEE you some of your neighbors are paying something different.  They are constantly offering different temporary incentives to get you to upgrade your service (notice, not a free upgrade) or buy new products. And potential new customers almost always get offered better incentives than current ones.  

Once your initial contract incentive is up, or contract is up, call your cable company and tell them their services aren't worth it to you anymore.  See how quickly their prices change for the service.  One of the most difficult tasks in the world is cancelling cable! 🙂

My point is that you shouldn't take it personally if someone gets something you don't through some incentive.  This is a normal part of business for most companies.

And  one more detail...with more information supplied with the latest reply from the actual person who reported it:  You will be more successful with this type of bargaining than not if you are able to offer a specific and reasonable solution to make things right.  It will typically at least start a negotiation.  No one hands these things out like candy, there are economics and reasoning involved.

Best Answer

@Cweord, cool, mine is showing the 4th; I didn't order until last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@minigno wrote:

@racertempo wrote:

Yes.... This is exactly my point.  The person simply inquired about shipping status and they handed out free expedited shipping. Maybe I should call and be pissed and try to get upgraded from my paid second day air to next day? 

If it's something that is important to you, you should do it all the time then, if you think it's worth your time...that's how a lot of this works. They can't maximize profits if they offer something for less to everyone as a matter of course, but part of the economics is who is willing to pay for what.  If it appeases an upset customer, toss them something.  If someone is a pain trying to negotiate and it's worth it to give them what they want and move on...well alright.

This isn't a Fitbit thing...the example you gave earlier about a cable bill?  I GUARANTEE you some of your neighbors are paying something different.  They are constantly offering different temporary incentives to get you to upgrade your service (notice, not a free upgrade) or buy new products. And potential new customers almost always get offered better incentives than current ones.  

Once your initial contract incentive is up, or contract is up, call your cable company and tell them their services aren't worth it to you anymore.  See how quickly their prices change for the service.  One of the most difficult tasks in the world is cancelling cable! 🙂

My point is that you shouldn't take it personally if someone gets something you don't through some incentive.  This is a normal part of business for most companies.

And  one more detail...with more information supplied with the latest reply from the actual person who reported it:  You will be more successful with this type of bargaining than not if you are able to offer a specific and reasonable solution to make things right.  It will typically at least start a negotiation.  No one hands these things out like candy, there are economics and reasoning involved.

I do call cable every 6 months and get my price lowered, or is a part off the game you have to play.  Unless you are like N8teGee and don't care about saving money. I don't buy anything online without looking for a coupon code first 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well we are talking about $10 here for what N8teGee and I both agreed is pretty common practice.  You seemed upset by that and we were trying to say "don't take it personally, it's not about someone else getting it 'free' and you not".

No one said they don't care about money, but the reasoning behind why Fitbit did it here was sound.  You assumed they had offered it and were throwing it around like candy..the customer negotiated it after making a case.  Like I said, common practice.  It's not calling and asking for free shipping, it's "I feel wronged, is there something you can do to make it right? I'd be happy with free shipping."  Have you been wronged yet?

Best Answer

It's not that I don't care about money. I get my fair share of deals and wins, just like it sounds like you do with the flights and hotel rooms. The point I'm trying to make is that you win some and you lose some, it's just not worth getting angry or worked up about. If it still doesn't sit well with you try your luck with customer support. I'm not trying to cause any offense, just trying to offer a little perspective. Good luck either way. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@minigno wrote:

Well we are talking about $10 here for what N8teGee and I both agreed is pretty common practice.  You seemed upset by that and we were trying to say "don't take it personally, it's not about someone else getting it 'free' and you not".

but the reasoning behind why Fitbit did it here was sound.  You assumed they had offered it and were throwing it around like candy..the customer negotiated it after making a case.  Like I said, common practice.  It's not calling and asking for free shipping, it's "I feel wronged, is there something you can do to make it right? I'd be happy with free shipping."  Have you been wronged yet?

I have not been wronged, but neither was the guy who got free shipping upgraded.  Last page he said "fitbit faulted on their delivery promise" when that is false, and fitbit knows that. 

Earliest order date was 8/28 with, "shipping in 3-4 weeks".  4 weeks will be Monday...... meaning fitbit has not faulted on anyone at all yet.  So yes, fitbit services gave it away. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to correct you, but 2 - 3 weeks from the 31st, means that they faulted on their promise. 

Best Answer

Fitbit is officially late on my order today. I ordered August 31 and at that time it was "2-3 weeks from order date" (which is still what it says on my order). Three weeks for me (from Aug 31) was yesterday.

Best Answer

OMG, how do I unsubscribe from this thread???

Nobody's officially late on on anything. Nobody was given an official date. Everything Fitbit has said has been estimates. 2-3 weeks is an estimate people. Nobody's credit card has been charged (unless you've been given an actual ship notification with a tracking info).

Pre-order (without any incentive pricing charged) doesn't guarantee you'll get it before anyone else, just that you'll get it when its released - again, they don't charge your card until its shipped...

@kristin_fardy wrote:

Fitbit is officially late on my order today. I ordered August 31 and at that time it was "2-3 weeks from order date" (which is still what it says on my order). Three weeks for me (from Aug 31) was yesterday.

Best Answer

@Cweord wrote:

Sorry to correct you, but 2 - 3 weeks from the 31st, means that they faulted on their promise. 

show me where it said 2-3 weeks on the 31st?  I never saw 2-3 weeks show up until the 4th.  If it did like Kristin_Fardy says, then there are many issues at play.

Her 2-3 weeks was incorrect....but that would mean that everyone who ordered on the 31st was promised before those who ordered 8/28-8/30, like me, with 3-4 weeks.  No order on the 31st should be shipped before the orders on the 3 prior days.  Same day, sure.....but not before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's almost like it's estimates based on the best information they have...weird.  It's like they operate like everyone else.

I personally ordered on 9/1 and got a 2-3 week estimate on my order confirmation.  Everyone: we're all gonna be ok.

Best Answer

Just spoke to customer service. I am now going into my week 4 and was told it could take another 1 -2 weeks till shipped.Screenshot_20170922-145754.png

Screenshot_20170922-145809.png

Screenshot_20170922-150806.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check your email that you got when you ordered - mine has changed! It used to say you have pre ordered the following and list your order.

Now mine is saying order received.

Are they starting to process the orders?

Also emailed customer services who are very prompt to reply - they were generic and couldn't say for definite, however I will definitely have the cobalt/lime strap by 02/10 lol 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jojo, where are you located?

I just called customer service, again  and was told it will ship within 1 week.  He offered to inquire about my order at  a higher level if I had time to hold, so I waited.

He came back and said it was confirmed that it will ship within 1 week. 

Best Answer

@Annie311 wrote:

Check your email that you got when you ordered - mine has changed! It used to say you have pre ordered the following and list your order.

Now mine is saying order received.

Are they starting to process the orders?

Mine has always been "order recieved" they said it will then change to processing.

Edit: I also purchased on 08/28

Best Answer

Yeah mine always said order received ( placed on the 28th)

Best Answer

@racertempo

As requested - 2 - 3 weeks from the 31st.

Fitbit Pre-Order Redacted.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in Washington State. They can only say to me about my order is that it should ship out in 1-2weeks for me. You are lucky!! I Just wish that they would honor the estimated shipping lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would settle for them actually telling us what is going on

Best Answer

Good news everyone! Smiley Very Happy d227d6b8a5

Mine is being shipped! Smiley Very Happy Canada #1 !!! (ignore the price and conversion rate Smiley Frustrated ) That's ok tho all the money I save on health insurance can go to my ionic! 

Best Answer