Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks,

Anyone else have issues with notifications on their Ionic?  I'm on a OnePlus 5 here.

I find that after a few hours, notifications stop piping through to the watch.  Normal sync is fine, and I've excluded the Fitbit app from battery optimisation and enabled the permanent notification and constant connection.

The only way for me to restore notification is to shut down and restart the watch.

So frustrating!

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

I'm on a Google Pixel, and notifications worked with my blaze, but I've never received a single app notification with my Ionic. I get phone call notifications, and if I fire a test notification, that works. But other than that, nothing. No email, no messenger, no weather, nothing. (Although I'd noticed that even on my blaze, email *never* sent notifications) 

Best Answer

I've discovered something about notifications and am wondering if you might check to see if the same thing is happening.

I'm using a Note 8 and have Text Messages, Calendar Events, and Emails disabled in the main notifications screen.  Then under App Notifications I have Message+ (Verizon's client), Calendar, and Gmail checked.  But I keep finding them unchecked the next day with no action on my part.  

Calendar is just unchecked, Gmail is unchecked but Google (the next item down in my list) is checked where I didn't check it, and Message+ is unchecked with Messages checked (again the next item down).  

It appears to me that there is a bug in the management of App Notifications so that what we check doesn't stay checked.  Does that happen to any of you?

Best Answer

I'm not getting notifications... just got the ionic and also doesn't syn

Best Answer

I sometimes get notifications but after a while the app seems to "forget" that I enabled the Fitbit-notification-service in Android and it asks me to enable it - although it already is!

I guess that's why notifications stop coming through after a a while.

My phone is a Huawei Mate 9.2017-10-06 18.46.00.png2017-10-06 18.46.14.png

Best Answer

Notifications are working fine for me.

Xperia Z5 on Android 7.1.1.

Remember it's primarily driven by your phone over Bluetooth so the two devices must be near enough to each other, also things like 'Do not disturb' on the phone will stop notifications from coming through too (perfect at night or in meetings where you don't want distracted). If you're having problems with notifications I would be looking at the phone first and compatability with the Fitbit app and what device services you've allowed it to control, not necessarily blame the Ionic per se.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have problems with notifications...

I found out it most likely has to do something with the bluetooth connection... as soon as I enter my car and my mobile (Honor 9) connects to the the speakerphone of my radio, Ionic is disconnected and notifications wont come through any more. When I then leave the car and the Ionic is connected back to my mobile, notifications still don't work. I then have to turn off and on notifications in my mobile app settings to make it work again... anyone experienced the same kind of behaviour?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's it. Once the connection has been lost, you have to reenable notifications in android settings again. That really is a pain in the **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seriously hope they gonna fix that with a software update.... Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting an annoying situation - when my phone is in "Do Not Disturb" mode, the notifications will come through on the phone but not go to the Ionic.

With this phone (Wileyfox Swift 2X), it is automatically in Do Not Disturb mode if you silence the audio and then press volume down once further to also disable vibration.  There is no way to disable vibration and silence notifications without going into DND.

The net result is that I cannot receive any notifications on my Ionic unless my phone at least vibrates... Kind of defeating the whole purpose.  I want my phone silenced, not vibrating, and I want to receive all notifications on the Ionic.

I am really confused as to why Pebble did these things so well and Ionic is doing them so poorly.  Fitbit purchased Pebble... why are these elements so sorely lacking at launch?

Best Answer

I'm not getting text or Facebook Messenger notification on my Nexus 6P, but did get a call notification. Any tips? No notifications is a deal breaker for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 6P. Will have to return the Ionic if it's not fixed soon... No notifications is a showstopper for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@philhayford wrote:

I'm not getting text or Facebook Messenger notification on my Nexus 6P, but did get a call notification. Any tips? No notifications is a deal breaker for me. 

My experience was that notifications did not work at all at first.  After a few hours (say half a day, or overnight) they worked... but as above, only if I made sure my phone was not in Do Not Disturb mode - so either Vibrate on notifications, or sound engaged on notifications.

Those are the only tips I can really provide.  The troubleshooting stuff is there, as far as resetting the phone and Ionic, unchecking all notifications in the Fitbit app on the phone, unpairing and re-pairing Ionic and then re-selecting the notifications.  I did all these as well, but as nearly as I can tell it was the waiting that actually got the job done, and the Do Not Disturb issue is the thing that is really getting to me now.

Best Answer
I just got them working by turning off 'do not disturb' mode on my Android
phone. That is a bug, as the whole point of notifications on the watch is
to not have them go off on the phone, so I hope they will fix that.
Best Answer

Glad that worked for you.  I agree, it's definitely a bug or an oversight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting text notifications, but  I only get some of my email notifications. It's very inconsistent. I have the galaxy s8. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only notifications I'm getting are texts. Email and calendar notifications aren't working at all. I expect more for $300. I have a galaxy s8. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had any issues with my blaze on my Huawi P8 lite 2017 eition

My Ionic works on for about 30 minutes and then all notifications stop and the app has issues syncing and wont connect.

Ive done a full factory reset on both the Ionic and of my phone and it again seems fine for about 30 minutes and then stops.

Im guessing its a software issue that will hopefully be fixed in an update so im waiting patiently.

The ionic Syncs totally fine to my surface pro 4 but ive always had my fitbit connect to my phone for notifications so am hoping this will be resolved quickly.

Best Answer

I had exactly same issue with my android phone. Notifications worked occassionally and I had to re-enable fitbit notification service many times per day. Forcing stop fitbit app made same as re-enabling notification service. Finally I made phone factory reset and it fixed this issue. Fourth day without any missing notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

mrhide wrote:

What phone do you have?

Honor 8. I tried disabling battery optimization etc. But no help, only factory reset solved this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes