Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks,

Anyone else have issues with notifications on their Ionic?  I'm on a OnePlus 5 here.

I find that after a few hours, notifications stop piping through to the watch.  Normal sync is fine, and I've excluded the Fitbit app from battery optimisation and enabled the permanent notification and constant connection.

The only way for me to restore notification is to shut down and restart the watch.

So frustrating!

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

Thanks.. I've got the honor 9, maybe I'll give factory reset a try. Thanks mate!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrhide wrote:

Thanks.. I've got the honor 9, maybe I'll give factory reset a try. Thanks mate!

First remove ionic from the fitbit app and then factory reset. I didn't and there were some syncing issues before ionic removal and re-install.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Will give it a try soon and report back! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find optimal for Android 8 is:

Turn off Always connected.

Turn off All day Sync.

Notifications come through straight away.

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I chatted with support, they know the that there are notification, sync and bluetooth problems. I was told bluetooth randomly disconnects and needs to be re-paired. They have no idea what to fix or when it will be fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confirm:

Android or Apple.

@ElliaIvy wrote:

So I chatted with support, they know the that there are notification, sync and bluetooth problems. I was told bluetooth randomly disconnects and needs to be re-paired. They have no idea what to fix or when it will be fixed. 

Confirm Android or Apple.

Always connected off

All day Sync off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android. If I use the settings you suggest I get no notifications or syncing at all.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Confirm:

Android or Apple.

@ElliaIvy wrote:

Always connected off

All day Sync off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElliaIvy wrote:

Android. If I use the settings you suggest I get no notifications or syncing at all.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Confirm:

Android or Apple.

@ElliaIvy wrote:

Always connected off

All day Sync off.

I'm using a Google Pixel with the very latest version of Android. It works. What phone and Android you using?

Try those settings, then reboot your phone and also reboot your watch by holding bottom  buttons either side of your phone at the same time. Once your phone has started give it five minutes, then try to sync. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is new version of The Fitbit App for my IPhone , just released!

Bug fixing and improvements, I don’t know what fixes!

maybe there is also one for Android phone, pls check!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was getting pretty frustrated as I wasn't receiving notifications throughout the day. Was troubleshooting and noticed that when my phone (Galaxy Note 😎 is in Do Not Disturb mode, I wouldn't get notifications. Turning it off, I started getting notifications again. So not sure if it's related to all your issues, but I would see if you have DND on. Maybe you might have it on because you scheduled it within your phone's settings.

I kinda wish there was a way to get notifications on the Ionic with DND on. That way your phone won't make an annoying ringtone noise, but you'll still be aware of a notification because your watch will have a subtle vibrate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Google pixel, running Android Oreo. I was having a lot of trouble with notifications, despite restarting both devices and resetting things multiple times. I was Googling things and came across this app that pointed out if you're using Android Oreo you need to disable all notifications in the Fitbit app except for text notifications. Once I did that I started receiving text notifications. To get the other ones going I opened up the apps and enabled all the other ones I wanted. Most things seem to be working just fine. I also have the notifications widget enabled. Hope that helps others with similar struggles.I have a Google pixel, running Android Oreo. I was having a lot of trouble with notifications, despite restarting both devices and resetting things multiple times. I was Googling things and came across this app that pointed out if you're using Android Oreo you need to disable all notifications in the Fitbit app except for text notifications. Once I did that I started receiving text notifications. To get the other ones going I opened up the apps and enabled all the other ones I wanted. Most things seem to be working just fine. I also have the notifications widget enabled. Hope that helps others with similar struggles.

Best Answer

Hi ,

I have the same issue . i have turn on the notifications .. some how ..i found them turned off.. 😞

Huawei P10

Best Answer

It same to me on Huawei mate 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I have a Google pixel, running Android Oreo. I was having a lot of trouble with notifications, despite restarting both devices and resetting things multiple times. I was Googling things and came across this app that pointed out if you're using Android Oreo you need to disable all notifications in the Fitbit app except for text notifications. Once I did that I started receiving text notifications. To get the other ones going I opened up the apps and enabled all the other ones I wanted. Most things seem to be working just fine. I also have the notifications widget enabled. Hope that helps others with similar struggles.I have a Google pixel, running Android Oreo. I was having a lot of trouble with notifications, despite restarting both devices and resetting things multiple times. I was Googling things and came across this app that pointed out if you're using Android Oreo you need to disable all notifications in the Fitbit app except for text notifications. Once I did that I started receiving text notifications. To get the other ones going I opened up the apps and enabled all the other ones I wanted. Most things seem to be working just fine. I also have the notifications widget enabled. Hope that helps others with similar struggles.

Good call.

It says instructions are provided in the app to fix fitbit's notification priority but I can't find that anywhere!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ,

later update.

After i've reinstalled the FitBIT App .. all is good now.

Huawei P10

Best Answer

But not on Huawei Mate 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have s8+ find mine turns off gmail everyday have to re enable it in notifications on fitbit app. If i try to use email at top emails dont work at all only works if i turn it on in the notification list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Gmail app sucks!

Try using TypeApp for Gmail and other email providers, much better!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works on my garmin 235 fine though.so guess its a another bug in fitbit software. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
For me and my Note 8, Gmail never worked unless I remove it from my default
mail app (within Fitbit, not Android) and turn it on from the full app
list, if that makes sense.
Best Answer
0 Votes