Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks,

Anyone else have issues with notifications on their Ionic?  I'm on a OnePlus 5 here.

I find that after a few hours, notifications stop piping through to the watch.  Normal sync is fine, and I've excluded the Fitbit app from battery optimisation and enabled the permanent notification and constant connection.

The only way for me to restore notification is to shut down and restart the watch.

So frustrating!

Best Answer
122 REPLIES 122

Better than missing notifications!

Nevertheless I get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only had mine for less tha 24 hours but once i stopped the Do Not Disturb mode on my Pixel XL so far so good...still prefer the Gear S3 but i can live with the Ionic. I never used the majority of features on the S3 and the App Store was not that great. I was a big fun of Pebble and maybe some of that will carry on here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was it! I spent a couple hours doing EVERYTHING else, and all I had to do was fix this little feature.. not sure how it got turned off in the first place. Must have done it in my sleep I guess.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

On android ...

Settings -> Apps and notifications -> App Info -> Fitbit -> App Notifications -> Override Do Not Disturb = On.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What feature did you chabge. You never saud what it was.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!  Go to the Ionic on your app, go to general and click on Notifications.  When checking all of the notifications you want to recieve, make sure to click on the Fitbit selection.  and it should show you specific notifications that you will recieve!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night I was trying to pair bluetooth headphones, today I noticed on the watch that "Notification: Receive from phone" was off, I never went anywhere near this setting. Something to watch out for.

Best Answer

Thank you!   I had tried everything else that was suggested on this and several other threads and none of those worked but this (Swipe Left and make “Notifications” set for “Receive from Phone”) finally fixed it!   No idea how it got changed in the first place, but I am relieved to have found a solution.   Thanks!!!

Best Answer

I am still struggling with it. DND is off, all day sync is off. Always connected off. I try turning Bluetooth on and off device on and off in several combination. I replaced to a new Ionic as well. It works for 3 or 4 hours and then stops. 

Interesting is Test notification works well all the time. So I am sure it is something to do with sw

Is there a standard step by step procedure anyone can help with

Xiomi note 4 Android 7

Best Answer

App may have upgraded. Reboot phone and watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My understanding from Fitbit is that is a SW problem and they are working on it. It has been 4 weeks so i hope that it will be fixed soon!! My recommendation is that they stop sell until it is fixed. I wish i had waited to buy.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Y has always been set at that and the notifications are intermittent. Still a disappointment.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never did get my Ionic / Oneplus3 to work consistently, so I took the Ionic back to the shop.

I have now bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3, which worked with my Oneplus 3 straight out of the box, first time.  Very Impressed, although the wristband is a bit short!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Search surge band broken. 3 years and not fixed. Ionic will be no better.

My surge hasn't synched with my phone for over a year. Samsung.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used the ionic on my Note 8, Pixel 2 XL, and iPhone X and the difference in experience is shocking. I can't believe how badly it works with Android and how well it works with iOS. I figured it would be the opposite. 

On the note 8:

Had to pair ionic in "classic" mode all the time and music controls would still not work correctly or at all (no now playing information)

The apps I would setup for notifications would reset and go random on reboot.

Notifications arrive late or not at all

Can't accept or reject incoming call, just says you are getting one. 

iPhone X:

Everything works like it is supposed to. 

Don't have to pair ionic in classic mode to get music controls to work. They just do

Notifications work properly for apps that have been setup. 

Can answer or reject incoming call from wrist. 

So weird how this product works better on iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattvan87 wrote:

I have used the ionic on my Note 8, Pixel 2 XL, and iPhone X and the difference in experience is shocking. I can't believe how badly it works with Android and how well it works with iOS. I figured it would be the opposite. 

On the note 8:

Had to pair ionic in "classic" mode all the time and music controls would still not work correctly or at all (no now playing information)

The apps I would setup for notifications would reset and go random on reboot.

Notifications arrive late or not at all

Can't accept or reject incoming call, just says you are getting one. 

iPhone X:

Everything works like it is supposed to. 

Don't have to pair ionic in classic mode to get music controls to work. They just do

Notifications work properly for apps that have been setup. 

Can answer or reject incoming call from wrist. 

So weird how this product works better on iPhone. 

On the Pixel you need to disable all day sync and always connected. I'll stop write here as I've written this about a million times in these forums it seems. Cheers.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerI agree it is brand based. I had a Motorola moto x and it all worked pretty well. With samsung the  fitbit is a brick on my arm. I have to synch with my laptop. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this issue, the way I replied it was turning off do not disturb, or "priority only" 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working. Fitbit says they are still working it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

iphone 6s,

I've had to shut down my fibit every time notifications stop coming through and then they resume as normal. However this is really annoying and would love fitbit to release a bug fix, I believe the problem may be when turning on night mode on the iPhone when going to bed and it not recognising when you turn it off in the morning and this is when they stop coming through.

its really frustrating to restart the watch everyday !

Best Answer
0 Votes