Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Sleep Log: 0 Time Asleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/18/2018: Hey everyone -- Our team has resolved this issue, which means you should be able to sync your sleep logs from last night and the app will display your actual hours slept as opposed to 0 time asleep.

Thanks for your patience as we worked to the get this resolved as quickly as possible. I will be closing this thread as the issue is resolved.

Fitbit Update 04/17/2018: We're aware of an issue where users who logged sleep may see their time asleep as 0 minutes.

We're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have a workaround:

Workaround:

• Manually edit your sleep log (hit the "edit" button at the top right of the app and change your start OR end time by 1 minute.
  • Save the change
  • This will recalculate your sleep and should resolve the issue.

I will have more information for you once this has been fully resolved. Thanks for your reports and continued patience as we work on a fix.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60
What the heck? That worked!!! I wonder why? Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Worked for me too on my Charge 2. Thanks. I imagine this is a server issue as it’s so prevalent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alpowpal wrote:

Worked for me too on my Charge 2. Thanks. I imagine this is a server issue as it’s so prevalent. 

Yeah might be a server issue as it pops up for many at the same time, or just an app bug that it doesn't get the data back from server/doesn't parse it correctly. And after changing the times it reloads it and works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very good points. I hope it’s ok but I posted your solution to a charge 2 thread about the same issue. Thanks again mate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How and where do you change the times? Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on the night you want to edit then hit the three dots in the top right corner. Then edit log. Took me a while to find too. 

Best Answer

Thank you I found it,only issue is that it is showing an hour earlier then I set for going to bed. But at least the info is now there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same thing (there a re few other threads about this from today too). The solution is to manually edit the sleep and wake times (just increase/decrese the times by 1 minute) to make it calculate it.

Might have been a server problem on Fitbits end.

"Click the sleep row where it shows the 0 amount -> then in the upper right corner there is a pen icon -> click it so it shows you the times. Change those times (like add a minute to both) and then save it."

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Blaze still won’t show the minutes after editing 😞 only bought my blaze at the beginning of the month too 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, did u ever find a fix to your sleep data problem?

I have just got an Ionic and got limited info the first night and no info on the second night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned it 😞 Felt sad about it, I've used fitbit for years. But I've
got an alternative and I do love it even more.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It seemed that a routine OS upgrade fixed my problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you returned your faulty device? 
I bought an Ionic 4 to 5 days ago and it has not been syncing my data to my iOS device. I bought fitbit for the sleep tracking and the advantages in relationship to the apple watch for runners and exercises features on the app. 

So far it has been a disappointment to have to fight so much with the device for the synching via Bluetooth. What are the possible solutions to see give back the device and swap for a model that would work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for sharing.

Adjusted the wake up time and sleep time, unfortunately problems still not
solved- Time asleep still 0min and all four sleep stages still 0min. Funny
thing is Graph of sleep stages is showing correctly and
working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Inffy your help did the trick. Got to say this community has helped me a lot since getting the ionic.

would be lost without it x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Further to my checking to the previous records, I discovered that today's graph did not end with red awake line, does it mean still in asleep mode, that's why no recorded mins in sleep stages report?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks inffy, it worked for me as well 😄

Best Answer

Same with mine today apparently I fell asleep at 10:30pm  when I was watching tv programme and I woke up half an hour ago when kids and wife get up between 6-6:30 am. I have no idea what’s going on I have a couple of nights where it works well then it goes wrong before going well trouble is I needwhen  accurate sleep information for my doctor. Everything else is so good it’s just so frustrating that this lets it down

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KAE53  This problem is not iOS specific.  It is happening to different trackers and all platforms.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like this is a recent problem.

I noticed the same problem this morning. I slept for about 6 hours it shows the sleep patterns but still says 0 minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes