Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rearranging Apps on the Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did you know, that you can rearrange the Apps on your Ionic?  To do it, follow these easy steps:

1.  Go to the App screen on your Ionic that you want to rearrange.

2.  PRESS DOWN and HOLD the icon of the App you want to move.

3.  When you properly select the App you want to move, the App and screen will shrink. 

4. While PRESSING DOWN and HOLDING the App, slide it to the new location on the screen. To slide it to a different screen, drag the App icon to the right or left edge until it slides onto the new screen. 

It is easy once you move one around.  Totally customizable, so what’s not to love!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

You can also easily remove apps you don't want on there, through the phone app.  Piece of cake and you won't have to look at that darn Starbucks logo if you don't drink coffee. 

Best Answer

Not only can you move the apps around, but the order of the first screen is important.... The two apps that you park on the top left and bottom left of the first screen become the right hand side button shortcuts!!!!

So, for example, I have 'Today' at the top left and 'Weather' at the bottom left, so now my top and bottom right hand buttons will activate those two apps.

Pretty sweet customization shortcuts.

Best Answer

I did not know about the short cuts, great find and post! 

Best Answer

Thank you for the wonderful tip. 

Best Answer

Why doesn’t fitbit tell us this? Thank you so much for the info!

Best Answer

How do I do this?  Did not see the option on my phone app. 

Thanks,

Brooks

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the main page of the app, touch the picture of the iconic in the upper left corner. You will be brought to a new screen in the app, then scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts. Touch that, in the next screen you can slide off what you don’t want then add new. 

Best Answer

I appreciate your quick reply, but I was referring to the post that said you can delete them.  I wanna get rid of starbucks and strava for sure.

Best Answer

Oh! I misunderstood. 

Touch the pic of the Iconic on the main screen, touch Apps with the little blue dots, touch All Apps, the touch the blue check mark of the apps you don’t want to take the check mark away, then touch Remove. Easy Peasy! 🙂 

Best Answer

Can't remove coach, and I don't want it or use it. I bought this because it's waterproof and the band is a far cry nicer than my Blaze. Being disabled I can't do the work outs. I'd like the option of removing everything I don't use.

Best Answer
  • Can't remove coach, and I don't want it or use it. I bought this because it's waterproof and the band is a far cry nicer than my Blaze. Being disabled I can't do the work outs. I'd like the option of removing everything I don't use.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also being disabled, I totally agree with you. I’d love to remove Coach. Since we can’t, I just moved it to the last screen on my Ionic so at least it isn’t in the way of the apps I DO use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is funny, There are hardly any apps to move around. Now they say app store coming in winter, delayed from fall. I cant understand why they released the watch prior to app store readiness 

Best Answer

@ACG_Z4 wrote:

this is funny, There are hardly any apps to move around. Now they say app store coming in winter, delayed from fall. I cant understand why they released the watch prior to app store readiness 

WINTER?! The App Store is coming in WINTER? FRUSTRATING! I know things take time, I do. Why am I even wearing the ionic? Why was it on store shelves if the software isn’t ready? I’ve always been a Fitbit fan but this is upsetting me. I paid $300 for this watch and still no apps! 

Best Answer

That is very cool.

Best Answer

That was awesome!  Thank you!!

Best Answer

Thanks for this tip. Worked perfectly.

Best Answer

I would rather they take their time with the app store and get it right than release with bugs.  They released the device because many people want to early adopt such a device and it would be bad marketing to delay the release of the hardware any longer.

I was one of the first people in line for the Moto Z Force from Verizon when it first came out over a year ago.  Lots of software revisions later and a whole slew of available mods later, and it has been the best phone I have ever owned.  At the beginning, I was wondering if there was going to be more than three mods for it.  Now it has a whole ecosystem.  It will be no different with the Fitbit Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting different shortcuts isnt a thing for me anymore. I dont know what happened but now its music and notifications, no matter what apps are in the first two spots. I did a factory reset and reset the app on my phone too. Android. Anyone else? I liked being able to change it!

Best Answer