Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove PIN code from watch-Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did not enable Fitbit pay on my ionic watch and I especially don't want the passcode lock screen to enter into my phone.  Fitbit pay was added automatically with a recent update and now that I have figured out how to turn it off - I can't get the passcode entry to go away!  Please help - really annoying to have a watch password protected if i'm not using any pay functionality.  

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @gossertl. Thanks for the details you've mentioned. Since, you would like to disable the PIN code option, please follow these steps: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Tap or click to change your device lock setting.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

A warm welcome to the Community @gossertl. Thanks for the details you've mentioned. Since, you would like to disable the PIN code option, please follow these steps: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

this doesn't work (with a Versa) - I end up in a loop where it does not let me have no pin - but keeps insisting I set a pin.

Best Answer

My fitbit ionic password fails to enter and is a major nuisance.  Going to account and personal does not give me options for removal.  The ionic icon does open several choices.  Removing the wallet did not get rid of the password. Tapping the numbers does not enter them.  Just want to get rid of the password so I can use the watch.

My app does not have "device lock " option.  Ionic version of watch.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Any solution yet? I have the Versa and can’t disable the passcode

Best Answer

@SusanMomof3 Thanks for stopping by. 

You can disable the PIN code option by following these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (

) > your device image.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. My watch is Fitbit Versa 2. When I click the device lock, another window is opening with a message to use a passcode or choose to cancel. if I click use passcode, another password is needed for lock screen. There is no option to change device lock settings.  Any help, i can't get rid of it?

Best Answer

@Natasa76 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Sorry for the delayed reply. Once you have set the device lock, you will have two options to change it either enabled or enabled for Fitbit Pay. If you would like to get rid of it, you will need to factory reset your Versa 2 and then start over. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have to Charge 3 and once I set my pin code I only had the option of enabling it for Fitbit Pay, not the recommended enabled option. How do I get that option? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, mine was the same. I actually hit the “enable” and it switched to disabled. Good Luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

@brandonmoves Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned.

It's pretty weird that you're not seeing both options. In this case, I would like you to log out from the app and force quit it. After this log back in and set it up once again following these steps

@SusanMomof3 It's great to see you around. Thanks for sharing the steps that helped you solved this. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again,

I logged out of the app and forced quit it and followed the steps you provided, but after logging back in it still only shows the Fitbit Pay option. I changed my pin and that still didn’t work. I’ll attach an image:

8E75633E-1BBB-4736-85A3-1FF8963D13D1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brandonmoves Thanks for the screenshot shared. Since you have a Charge 3, the only option you will have is enabled for Fitbit Pay, the other option is for watches. You can learn more about it by checking the Product Manual

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have versa and i do not see a device lock option anywhere to disable the pin on my watch whatsoever!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shubhanshi Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I would like you to confirm you've tried this procedure to remove the PIN from your watch. This option is going to be found in the Fitbit app. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit charge 3 won't let me remove pin code don't need it as my fitbit doesn't support my bank card 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community. Thanks for letting me know that you're using a Charge 3. 

In order to remove the PIN, you will need to perform a factory reset. Because, it's not possible to remove it once it has been set up. 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want a pin but I can't remove it only change it.   Please tell me how to do this or I'll return the Fitbit versa as faulty.

It all started when I enabled Fitbit pay. It's no use there are virtually no banks in UK that support fit bit pay. I can't remove Fitbit pay from the app it only allows me to add cards but there are no cards I can adf.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I clicked on the Enable Pin and it switched it off.
Best Answer

@RobArmstrong Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If you would like to remove the PIN code, you may want to perform a factory reset and once it deletes all the data, don't set Fitbit Pay again. 

@SusanMomof3 Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes