Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove PIN code from watch-Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did not enable Fitbit pay on my ionic watch and I especially don't want the passcode lock screen to enter into my phone.  Fitbit pay was added automatically with a recent update and now that I have figured out how to turn it off - I can't get the passcode entry to go away!  Please help - really annoying to have a watch password protected if i'm not using any pay functionality.  

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Whenever I click the “device lock” option it only allows me to change the pin but not remove it. How do I remove it??

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I tried to disable it, it didn’t give me the option and when I clicked change PIN it denied it. I really don’t want this PIN on here.... please help me get rid of it!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HarleyFairbank and @I_B Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. Currently, the only way to remove the PIN from your watch will be by performing a factory reset, which will remove apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards. 

If you would like that removing the PIN code can be a possibility in the future, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Ionic and would like to reset the pin to use the pay function.  I go into the rest pin feature and input my proposed pin twice.  It thien come up with a "Change PIN failed, Sorry, there was a problem changing your device lock.  Please re-enter your existing PIN to continue"  The problem is that I can't remember my previous PIN.  Is there a workaround?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t had this problem. Maybe if there’s a factory reset? Good luck.
Best Answer

@Vinny_Mac A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Please do the following to reset your PIN code: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > your device image. 

2. Tap Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

@SusanMomof3 Thank you for your assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just FYI...THIS DOES NOT WORK. You only get a choice to reset the PIN! You have to remove the PIN screen lock on your phone!

Exactly. You have to go to your phone and remove the screen lock! Ridiculous! 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to my app dashboard and found my image and clicked it there is no Device Lock on that page.

yes my bank is not listed either and I live in the US and I can't seem to unlock and there is no Device Lock section anywhere. Did you ever find a solution for this?

There is no Device Lock feature in the formentioned post that you wrote of:( I see a lot of people have the same issue.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kristio123 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I would like you to make sure you're following the instructions posted above in the Fitbit app installed in your phone. 

If you already set up a PIN for your watch but now you would like to delete it, the only way to remove it, is by performing a factory reset. (Keep in mind that a factory reset will delete all your personal information) 

Learn more about it by checking these articles: How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit device? What should I know about Fitbit Pay? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved my pin from device lock to for Fitbit pay, then set pin code to all zeroes. It now is disabled. THANK GOD! That’s a horrible way to remove it. 

Fitbit, please change this so that a simple selection of the “Enable PIN ...” option disables it. 

Please and thank you!

Best Answer

No device lock option on ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have the option to disable to remove my pin because my bank isn't supported..... if it's not supported why would I need a pin on my fit bit charge 4? It does no good having a pin on there while I can't use the fitbit pay option and there is no option for me to disable. 

When I go to the fit bit wallet and go to device lock it only gives me the option to choose a new pin but I cannot disable it.

What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here 😭

---------------------------

Plus one 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

doesn't work.  there is no option for "device lock"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you select from the menu your device icon? There is an device lock option tjat enable device lock or fitbit pay lock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes