Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Ionic Pin

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am locked out of my ionic. It is saying to unlock with my phone however I have tried to change my pin in the iPhone app but after the process is complete I get a message saying “change pin failed”

its extreamly frustrating 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all. I merged a few threads together to help keep the community tidy. 

If you enter an incorrect PIN code 10 times, you will be prompted to unlock your Fitbit watch with your paired phone.

To change your pin, open the Fitbit app dashboard and tap the Account icon. 

If you are using an iOS device, you will want to select the Device Lock setting. If you are using Android you will want to select Pin Lock. There, you should be guided to use your current pin and set up a new one. 

For more information on using the device lock feature, this article is super helpful. 

If you get stuck at any point or receive an error message, please let me know and provide screenshots if possible. Thanks! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Hi

Afterwards try changing the pincode once more.

Hope it helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t mean to accept that solution. It didn’t work 

Best Answer

Possible to click the button in the upper right corner of the post marked as solution, a menu appears where a option is displayed to unaccept as solution.

When desired it's possible to contact the fitbit support team, they can be contacted from the official contact page.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the app go to account then click ionic and scroll to the bottom and click device lock. This should start the unlock process. 

Best Answer

Problem is as stated in title, we have restarted the Fitbit and the app is up to date and the device is still syncing with the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into your app then hit account and ionic. Finally scroll down and hit device lock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is no device lock when you sroll down pin lock yes but doesn't let me
unlock or reset
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic currently says Unlock with Your Phone (watch was in bag, pin was incorrectly entered too many times). 

When I try to reset pin in the app I get an error message saying Error connecting to ionic. The phone and watch are synching fine so not sure why it can't connect in this case. Phone is Pixel XL on Android 8.

I'm on the latest firmware.

What are my options? How do I factory reset?

Best Answer

I've been having the same problem for over a week. Comment back if you've found a solution. 

I have tried restarting the device, removing the device from the app, updated firmware, and just hoping it will sort itself out - no luck so far. 

Best Answer

I cant change my pin either. Just want to change it to something different and it says cant communicate with fitbit

Best Answer

Is there a solution to this? I cleaned my watch and now have the same problem. 

Ian
Best Answer
0 Votes

This procedure from support fixed it for me. 

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

After that, we can go ahead and unlock the device:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click PIN.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

Note that after you reset your PIN code, you must add your cards to Fitbit Pay as if you were setting it up for the first time.

Ian
Best Answer

I got in touch with support and this process they sent me worked:

1. Open the Fitbit app and force a sync. Make sure that after it syncs, the antenna next to the Ionic icon on the app's main screen is either green or blue.
  2. Tap on the Ionic icon.
  3. Swipe down and tap where it says "PIN".
  4. There, you should be prompted to use your current pin. Please put the pin on the Fitbit app.
  5. Then, the message that you mentioned should appear, tap where it says "Reset Pin". You should be prompted to use a new pin. You can still use the other pin.
Best Answer

Did that many times, it didn't work.  I too got in touch with support, see my previous post.  Thanks for the follow up.

Ian
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. I merged a few threads together to help keep the community tidy. 

If you enter an incorrect PIN code 10 times, you will be prompted to unlock your Fitbit watch with your paired phone.

To change your pin, open the Fitbit app dashboard and tap the Account icon. 

If you are using an iOS device, you will want to select the Device Lock setting. If you are using Android you will want to select Pin Lock. There, you should be guided to use your current pin and set up a new one. 

For more information on using the device lock feature, this article is super helpful. 

If you get stuck at any point or receive an error message, please let me know and provide screenshots if possible. Thanks! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Same problem here.
PIN change fails every time.
None of the solutions posted solve the issue of locked Device.
Eg. - device reset, app reinstall. Bluetooth toggled,
IOS Device lock keeps failing a reset

looks like buggy software.
Advice appreciated.

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer

Had the same problem. But as soon as I disconnected from wifi and forced it to sync again through Bluetooth then it worked. That is, when it said I already had a pin and asked me to enter the pin, it no longer said "cannot connect to device" and did actually connect and allowed me to access wallet setting and change pin settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn fingerprint passcode off on your phone and it should work.

Best Answer

My device PIN is blocked. I have removed Ionic, restarted and reinstalled Fitbit app, turned Bluetooth off and on, and turned off Touch ID on my iPhone 6S. The Fitbit app is still asking for my Touch ID even though I have turned off in Settings. When I change my Fitbit passcode I get ‘can’t change PIN’ error at the end of the process. Very frustrating! Please help.

Best Answer