Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Ionic Pin

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am locked out of my ionic. It is saying to unlock with my phone however I have tried to change my pin in the iPhone app but after the process is complete I get a message saying “change pin failed”

its extreamly frustrating 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74
Mine did as well but then it actually lets you change the pin. If that doesn’t work, then your problem is not the same as mine. Sorry.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm stuck in a weird loop on resetting my PIN.  I try to reset it and I get this code:

Change PIN Failed

Sorry, there was a problem changing your Device Lock PIN.  Please re-enter your existing PIN to continue.

I re-enter the last known PIN and get this error:

"An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."

Steps I've taken (after each step I attempted to change PIN unsuccessfully):

Remove and reinstall card for Fitbit Pay

Unpair and pair Ionic/Bluetooth

Shutdown and restart Ionic

Remove and reinstall Ionic

Quit and restart Fitbit app

Remove and reinstall Fitbit App

Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I cant change pin anymore because i disconnected the watch. Watch is not responding with hard reset and keeps giving the same message: unlock with your phone. Really irritating!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine to work!  The ionic would give me an error message then ask for the previous PIN (default). I entered 1234 and was able to change my PIN.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it immediately..but no such luck.. thanks anyway!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried it immediatly..but no such luck..thanks anyway!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This totally helped with my Ionic. I looked for ever on line for this!

So If your ionic is locked and not linked via Bluetooth to any devise, these steps factory reset, so you may lose all data that was not synced!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is for the people who have sifted through all the pages of responses only to find they have wasted time.  You can't change the pin unless you know the old pin.  There simply isn't a way on the app to reset it.  

What I did was factory reset the watch by going into settings on the watch, in the about area.

Then It went through all the updates and synching which took about an hour and a half.  When it tells you to open the fitbit app, just select that this is replacing the old one, and it will keep the clock and other apps that were previously downloaded.  Most importantly, you can set a new pincode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi could someone help me.

I am wanting to reset my pin on my phone as it says I have one already set up but I can't remember it.

My ionic watch isn't locked.

I have one attempt left.

It doesn't give an option to reset it.

My phone is a Google pixel.

I can't set up the wallet without resetting the pin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reset it as described.
Best Answer

Mackiespi, Thanks so much I couldn't see your message previously. 

Worked perfectly 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear it. I don't know why there aren't instructions for this sort
of thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, my sister tried to figure out my code on my Ionic fitbit, and now i cant unlock it! So i went to my phone and went to pin and said "failed to contact authorization". So i decided to delete my Ionic fitbit on the app and restart the whole thing over again, and now it said "connected" "please type the 4 digits on your phone that popped up on the screen", but on my fitbit it said "unlock on your phone". so now im in a huge mess. can anyone help me with this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiI had similar issues with my Versa, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which didn't help. Help desk couldn't help me. So I ended up restoring my Versa to factory settings and started from scratch. Under settings on your watch not the app on your phone  It works fine now. Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. I get this issue with PIN being locked every few months. In the past I just did a factory reset and set everything back up which was a pain. This is the first time I fixed the issue without a factory rest. Now, if I can only figure out an easier more consistent way to transfer music...thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes