Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Ionic Pin

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am locked out of my ionic. It is saying to unlock with my phone however I have tried to change my pin in the iPhone app but after the process is complete I get a message saying “change pin failed”

its extreamly frustrating 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74
Take the pin setting off on ur phone first

Myles Barron
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi same thing happened to. I tried all the suggestions, which didn't work .So as a last resort I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it and everything is all good 😊

Best Answer

Hi 

Ive taken the steps to change pin but I’m the end it comes up saying unexpected error please try again later..

This has happened over the last few days.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
The only way I could get around it is by uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. By doing this you reset everything. 
I hope this was helpful 😊

Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner and @RachelChar! Thanks for uninstalling the app. 

Usually this happens when you've entered an incorrect PIN code 10 times, you will be prompted to unlock your Fitbit watch with your paired phone.

To change your pin, open the Fitbit app dashboard and tap the Account icon. 

If you are using an iOS device, you will want to select the Device Lock setting. If you are using Android you will want to select Pin Lock. There, you should be guided to use your current pin and set up a new one. 

You can find more information about it by checking this article.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about others, but this bug did not happen to me because of entering the wrong pin 10 times. It had to do with trying to allow payments and changing the pin method from fingerprint to number entry. Whatever causes it should have been corrected by Fitbit by now and I'm disappointed it is still occurring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried everything to unlock the pin but I kept letting a failed message. I did everything before I uncynces the device from the app.. now i cant sync it again as the new code I need wo t show up.. just the unlock from phone message.. can someone help?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
The only way I could resolve this issue is by uninstalling then reinstalling the app, this clears your wallet so you can create another pin and reinstall a card. I haven't had an issue since 😊
You could turn off/on you phone to clear the memory. 
Hope this helps. 

Sent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Ionic that is locked and says to use my phone to unlock.  I changed phones and it won't connect to my new phone (actually old one).  The time is wrong and I can't sync.  When it send the code to the Ionic it won't let me see it because it is locked......HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything and the app just keeps spinning. Uts been there for 30 minutes. I cannot unlock from the phone. Please give me a solution to this. Fitbit ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesnt work and neither do any of the solutions. Ive tried reinstalling, reseting, disabling fingerprint on my phone, all multiple times. This device is supposed to be compareable to the iPhone yet it is super bugy, years after launch. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue but my Ionic is uninstalled from my phone, I reinstalled it but it's stuck on the Unlock with your Phone screen when it tries to pull up the PIN and I'm afraid I'll have to get me a new watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I was wondering if you could help me my fitbit versa is saying unlock with phone but when it comes to the pin part I can't see it as it says unlock with phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I'm no expert, it's just something I tried with my Versa. The new updates have made it easier to unlock (from experience 😂). You need to go to your app, click on the watch icon in the top right hand corner. Then click on the wallet and it should prompt you to change your password. Hope it helps. Otherwise you might need to get help from the Fitbit helpdesk. RegardsSent from my Samsung Mobile on the Telstra Mobile Network
Best Answer
0 Votes
Now I'm not sure if this will work with the versa but heres the
instructions i got with my Ionic

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right
button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing
the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all
data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and
displays Fitbit.com/setup.
5. When the watch successfully resets, use the normal out of the box
process of updating the firmware (See How do I update my Fitbit device?
).
See How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I have tried several times its not working

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed these instructions on my Samsung Android S7 but still get this error message that says "Error connecting to Ionic"  This despite that I have no problems having the Ionic sync with my S7 Fitbit app just before this. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, did you manage to get it fixed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Just follow the uninstall instructions for the app and then reinstall.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still says unlock with phone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes