Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run activity not showing seconds on the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

After my run , everything tracks ok , ie, distance , time , pace and steps ,, 

BUT the time is just in minutes with no seconds on my phone App , but on my laptop it shows minutes and seconds ?

Any help to fix this please ;-

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity and format 

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@jinybear It's nice to see you on the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I'm glad to hear that your run is tracking and showing all the information. It's pretty weird that you're seeing seconds on your laptop but on the app. 

In order to further investigate this, I would like you to provide me with a screenshot of the information you're seeing on both platforms and let me know if you're using Android or iOS and the phone model. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi , thanks for your reply , 
look , here, 
one is from fitbit.com and one is from my fitbit app
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I believe I am having the same issue.

When I track a run on the app all the data is correct except the time displays only minutes and not seconds. Example I went for a run this morning which took 20 mins 35 secs, although on the app it is displayed at 21 mins flat. 

Why would this be the case and how do i correct it?

By the way before I synced the above run the watch displayed 20 mins and 35 secs, seems to be a problem with app.

Thanks

Best Answer

I am using Android also.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi , 
Thanks for your post , 
as soon as i get some help on this from fitbit i will be in touch 
cheers
mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

how about a little bit of help with this ?????

thanks 

,mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me too. It looks like they updated the way runs are summarized. Now it shows me all this info about pace and hr along my path, but they rounded the time to the nearest minute, which is very annoying

Best Answer
Totally agree !
Get it sorted Fitbit !!! we are NOT happy 
Best Answer

Having the same issue, I first noticed it on 14th of this month.   (I'm also have tiny distance issues, .011 per mile, but that is expected)

Best Answer

HI guys , 

Posted this before , but Fitbit not interested in helping customers !!!

The seconds are NO LONGER recorded when going for a run ! Distance , heart rate , elevation and pace are all recorded , BUT the time is only recorded to the nearest minute ! This is pathetic if you are trying to chart 5k or 10k runs , the seconds are very important !!!! This has only changed on the Fitbit phone App this last 2 months !!! Seconds were always recorded before !! Why the change Fitbit !!!!! ?????  

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report that you're no longer seeing seconds on your app. 

I would like you to attach screenshots of the information you're seeing on your app and online Dashboard. Also, please let me know the phone model you're using and Fitbit app version installed. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Waste of time posting on here !

No one from fitbit understands , or cares to understand !!

Read the issues , then try and solve?sort them !

Stop expecting Fitbit users to sort out Fitbit.com  mess ups !

Best Answer
Using a Google pixel 3..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20200505-173924.pngI'm using a Google Pixel 3 and as you can see here it only listed minutes.

Best Answer

Thank you ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This should be a simple answer ???

Why the change Fitbit ???

For what reason ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on this? If I'm going for a run I obviously need to see the seconds in the summary and not just the minutes... This is ridiculous and need to be sorted ASAP! I'm using a fitbit Ionic. 

Screenshot_20200526_142459_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
No there is not 

I don`t think the team at Fitbit give a hoot !!!

They a sharp wake up !
I totally 100% agree with you , we need the seconds !

We always had them before ? so why remove them !!

The guys at Fitbit are just pure lazy ? this MUST BE AN EASY FIX , they can not be bothered !
regards 
Best Answer

Any other company would have it fixed long ago... Garmin and Apple and others must think Fitbit are a shambles... They are right too by the looks of it! 

Best Answer