Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Wake Setting Missing?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, anyone else having this problem with their Ionic where the Screen Wake setting is missing? I noticed something was wrong  when my watch suddenly stopped waking when I turned my wrist up to look at the time.  I went into settings and the screen wake setting was gone.  I also soft reset the device and still no fix.  Your help would be greatly appreciated hoping not to have to hard reset.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Disregard looking in the "Settings" App itself.  You have to swipe right from the home screen to get to the "Screen Wake" setting.  I was confused since the Settings App Details displayed as if the "Screen Wake" setting was in the Settings app itself. (See attached picture below on why I was misled) Anyhow, somehow my watch switched to manual setting for "Screen Wake" and I don't know why.  Once I switched it to auto it worked as before.  Fitbit Setting App.PNG

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114

Disregard looking in the "Settings" App itself.  You have to swipe right from the home screen to get to the "Screen Wake" setting.  I was confused since the Settings App Details displayed as if the "Screen Wake" setting was in the Settings app itself. (See attached picture below on why I was misled) Anyhow, somehow my watch switched to manual setting for "Screen Wake" and I don't know why.  Once I switched it to auto it worked as before.  Fitbit Setting App.PNG

Best Answer

I’m having this same issue! It’s doing my head in trying to find how to fix it. I also have stopped getting notifications even though my setting sat they are switched on, this is only 2 weeks old and already playing up ! 

Best Answer

Thanks for this info that’s got me working again ! I love the screen wake and notifications on 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried swiping right as you suggested, but still no screen wake setting. I rechecked the settings app, but still no luck. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Recheck to make sure your clock display is shown first then swipe right and you should see the Wake and Notification setting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try swiping the other way. I kept swiping left thinking that was right (**ahem**).  Found it when I swiped the other way.  Thank you. 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks and for the Ionic swiping right brings up screen awake.  I have mine set to Auto however the screen doesn't always awake when I move my wrist.  I have to really force movement towards my face to have the screen show.  Its the same at times when I have to tap the screen.  Sometimes it takes more than one tap and harder then normal.  I just tried to open my screen unsuccessful until the fourth tap with more harder press.  The screen awake should happen on auto but really takes several attempts to open the screen.  Received my watch for a birthday present and after one month even with the latest firmware update, the same issue.

Best Answer

Thanks, that worked. Interesting that every other function on the watch is accessed by placing your finger on the screen and swiping it to the left. Also interesting that "support" at Fitbit never suggested this.

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing. Swiping right I found it set to manual.  Misleading instructions on pictures from Fitbit for sure 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have the wake screen; swiping right or left. I’ve restarted the watch several times and it’s still not working.

Best Answer

I found it works better swiping right on my Ionic after seeing the clock display.  Swiping right always then shows my battery %, my auto setting for the screen and notifications.  

@Jcraywrote:

I do not have the wake screen; swiping right or left. I’ve restarted the watch several times and it’s still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, there is no wake up notification screen when swiping right or left. Anyone?

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Same here. No screen wake and no notifications. I just called myself and no vibrations. Help!!

Best Answer

3 months later I’m over it, no call or text notifications , can’t sync with Bluetooth , my Fitbit is so hard to screen wake I have to tap it ten times!! I will not recommend this Fitbit to others and a total bad review from me not worth the money ! 👿👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jcraywrote:

With the new OS if you have it INSTALLED.. HOLD DOWN THE LEFT BUTTON For 2 Seconds, it will appear then set it to "AUTO"

Best Answer

Hold the left button down and it will pop up, it chAnged with the update

Best Answer

Mine is missing after the firmware update yest.

Mine wakes me up now as it seems to be on with every slight movement lol.

I did have it set to manual. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.. Thank you.

Your a star.

Lol

Best Answer

Cannot  find the screen awake option any more  after upgrade to OS2.0.

Where did this go?  

Cant find it under settings , and slide right does not show any screen.

Still would like to have this option.

---oops just found solution in this post... it was sorted wrongly.  sorry about that.

Best Answer